HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 03, 2008, 02:19 PM
Fast and getting faster!
Albany County, New York, United States
Joined Jul 2003
1,545 Posts
Hey guys I havent responded in a while. 25+ Flights still no issues!

I`ve been playing around with the camera on board heres my first of hopefully many video`s. I was just testing it at a local park. I was working on a full fledge aerobatic vid, flew over 7 minutes of great stuff and the camera battery died. Oh well coming soon!!!

Reactor Biplane Late Evening Stroll thru the park (7 min 5 sec)
FASTALJR is offline Find More Posts by FASTALJR
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 03, 2008, 03:42 PM
AMA 506547
United States, CA, North Highlands
Joined Sep 2004
8,218 Posts
Very nice!
punkindrublik is online now Find More Posts by punkindrublik
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Holy Tiny Transmitter Batman
Old Oct 03, 2008, 08:14 PM
Joined Dec 2006
32 Posts
Reactor Bipe and A123's - getting closer

Hello All,

Well I took the plunge into a123 land and got my 4S a123 pack a couple of days. "clearanced" the battery bay on my Great Planes Reactor Bipe tonight to get it to fit - key is to push the battery forward into the cowl area and once it clears landing gear crossmember slide it backwards. The 4S A123 is significantly heaver than the 3S lipo it is replacing of course so we'll have to see. Of course, I ended up buying the castle link controller and have the LVC set at 8 volts (2 volts per cell)...hopefully I'll get to re-maiden her a123 style this weekend...

Heavier is never better of course, but given the wing area for this bird I'm hopeful she will still leave the ground and won't fly like a stone!
cblandin is offline Find More Posts by cblandin
Old Oct 06, 2008, 09:01 AM
Fast and getting faster!
Joined Jul 2003
1,545 Posts
New video coming this afternoon, Got a great day on Sunday for a flight at our local field, however I did discover the pack I used for the video had a bad cell in it, as it died on landing. But still an awesome flight nonetheless on a great fall day. Should have it up on youtube in about an hour, and I`ll be posting later on when its quiet laster on this afternoon.
Old Oct 06, 2008, 12:35 PM
Fast and getting faster!
Joined Jul 2003
1,545 Posts
As Promised guys!

Reactor Bipe with Fly Cam One v2 (8 min 24 sec)
Old Oct 09, 2008, 12:56 PM
Fast and getting faster!
Joined Jul 2003
1,545 Posts
this thread kinda got quiet??? Whats up wit dat
Old Oct 09, 2008, 12:59 PM
USA, IL, Malta
Joined Jan 2004
747 Posts
The days are getting shorter and cooler in Northern Illinois.
rockom is offline Find More Posts by rockom
Old Oct 09, 2008, 02:04 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2007
514 Posts
probably out havin fun with the bipe....it's one fun plane, and always a crowd pleaser........

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTALJR
this thread kinda got quiet??? Whats up wit dat
summerwind is offline Find More Posts by summerwind
Old Oct 09, 2008, 02:32 PM
Joined Oct 2005
184 Posts
Just got this plane today looks like it will be great fun. Do I need to do any modes and is the motor they recommend goint to be enough. Thank Steve
steve bjers is offline Find More Posts by steve bjers
Old Oct 09, 2008, 02:57 PM
Fast and getting faster!
Joined Jul 2003
1,545 Posts
only major thing we had to do was sand the control horns and clevises so they were smooth. Otherwise they will bind like crazy!
Old Oct 09, 2008, 04:01 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2007
514 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve bjers
Just got this plane today looks like it will be great fun. Do I need to do any modes and is the motor they recommend goint to be enough. Thank Steve
amazingly, the 35-36-1200 with a FP 1800mah 3S 25C and APC 11x5.5 will pull this bird straight up off the ground till it's out of sight............the prop and battery was the suggestion from an R7D person i have talked to with Hobbico........he got the info from the 2 guys that did some extensive flying with this plane.
he also has a build thread (the original) on RCU for the TF B-25.
nice guy and his info was spot on.............only thing i changed was to go from the fragile S3114's to the Hitec HS65-HB's.........the Hitecs are just a gram and a half more and 4 times as tough.
Old Oct 09, 2008, 05:32 PM
United States, FL
Joined Aug 2008
4,223 Posts
does anybody have a picture of the the front motor mounted, because I rip my nose off and I thing there is to much right trust. Anybody notice its factory right trust alot?
Twisted Realm is offline Find More Posts by Twisted Realm
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 09, 2008, 05:45 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2007
514 Posts
brad, look to the very beginning of this thread and look at Tim's photos and see if they help you out........if not i will take one for you and take dimensions as well.

also here is one i think may help,

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=1731527
Old Oct 09, 2008, 05:47 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2007
514 Posts
also, Barb Back at Hobbico is a super lady and might even send you the parts needed to rebuild the motor box.
she's been great with helping me in times of need with "0" hassle........
Old Oct 09, 2008, 05:57 PM
United States, FL
Joined Aug 2008
4,223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by summerwind
brad, look to the very beginning of this thread and look at Tim's photos and see if they help you out........if not i will take one for you and take dimensions as well.

also here is one i think may help,

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=1731527

Wow thats great! But I need to see it straight on. Mine is so off, I wonder if I can measure the angle Hummm. Let me see want I can do. I love this little plane, I'm so glad I bought it out of everyone of my planes.
Twisted Realm is offline Find More Posts by Twisted Realm
Site Sponsor