HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 01, 2008, 01:00 AM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,790 Posts
I hate to keep saying it Mike but it IS an absolutely incredible plane. GP is firing on 12 cylinders on this one IMHO.
Bajora is online now Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 01, 2008, 02:05 AM
Edmonton, Canada
Joined Apr 2005
416 Posts
You mean I have to buy another bipe so soon after maidening the Ultimate EP? Curses to your review! My wife will kill me!
andrew_c80 is offline Find More Posts by andrew_c80
Old Apr 01, 2008, 07:25 AM
Dr. Dave
USA
Joined Nov 2005
1,319 Posts
Nice job Jon, great video and pic's as usual. Thanks for your objective review and thoroughness.
78dave is offline Find More Posts by 78dave
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 01, 2008, 07:56 AM
WAA-08 Pilot Eventually
Darien,IL,USA
Joined Jul 2000
1,570 Posts
Hey Barnesjonr,
Well done, excellent review!!!!
Looks like a real winner in the video.
MANY THANKS,
Don
donjiskra is offline Find More Posts by donjiskra
Old Apr 01, 2008, 09:02 AM
Hit Me! Please!
Provo, UT
Joined Jan 2005
3,997 Posts
Nice review and nice plane. The only mod I made on mine was to replace the tail washer with a small tail wheel. Now I can taxi all I want without that "nails dragging on chalkboard" sound. Loved the HD video. Thanks for all the work.
jwjohnson is offline Find More Posts by jwjohnson
Old Apr 01, 2008, 09:21 AM
Suspended Account
H Town, TX
Joined Feb 2008
452 Posts
Jon

The section in your review that talks about using CA sparingly, I can totally agree with. I have delayed my build becasue I had to order a set of wings!! I was building the Bipe and thinking about god knows what when I realised I CA'd the wrong aileron control surface to the wrong wingset (upper/lower) When I tried to remove the CA'd hinges it turned into a mess but as with any GP product evrything I need is just a phone call away.

Way to go on the review, and you said your thumbs were "old" last time I seen violent snaps like that I dont remember seeing the plane exit in one piece!! Im glad we didnt see a review of this bipe flying around in pattern and doing loops and rolls. Jammin sticks is what its all about. I will be sure to post how easy it was to get the necessary parts from GP, as Im sure it will be a cake walk just Pi55ed about the delay I really wanted to maiden her in time with your review for everyone!!!

HD video was A++ addition, if you have high speed is well worth the DL time, you can see surface deflection in your manuvers and see the bipe's movement in return.....
aryajet is offline Find More Posts by aryajet
Old Apr 01, 2008, 10:26 AM
"Have Glue - Will Travel"
Ft. Worth, Texas
Joined Jan 2004
2,428 Posts
Great job as always Jon, very nice flying! And the photos and video are excellent!!
dawnron1 is offline Find More Posts by dawnron1
Old Apr 01, 2008, 11:55 AM
Wind Powered
United States, CA, Goleta
Joined Oct 2004
538 Posts
Great work on the review!
Sure wish we had flying weather like you do in Cali!
take care-
George
george@dream-flight is offline Find More Posts by george@dream-flight
Old Apr 01, 2008, 12:39 PM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,790 Posts
Hey George, I'm glad you liked it and that you popped in here. I grew up in that weather and it is pretty awesome that I can fly and review year round out here, without freezing my fingers.

Hey George, can you comment on which prop is the best one to use on this plane and motor combo? I have a 10x7 on the review plane but would like to go up to a 11x7. There was something I read somewhere that it is perhaps the best prop to use in this application. I know the numbers I saw when running this across my Emeter were really not pushing the power system that hard?

Tnx again!
Bajora is online now Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 01, 2008, 01:12 PM
Wind Powered
United States, CA, Goleta
Joined Oct 2004
538 Posts
For sure....run the 11x7....it will pull hard and really help with rotations and tumbles in some 3D attitudes.
More rip is alwyas a good thing in my book!
cheers,
George
george@dream-flight is offline Find More Posts by george@dream-flight
Old Apr 01, 2008, 01:21 PM
Joined Mar 2006
1,117 Posts
In the future...if you glue the aileron on wrong....
Take an exacto blade and cut the hinges. Then reslot the wing and surface, and put new hinges in..
Dont try to pull out the hinges once they are glued in...it will break the wing or the surface...just cut them.
Bryan Davison is offline Find More Posts by Bryan Davison
Old Apr 01, 2008, 03:03 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,601 Posts
Nice review Jon. Looks like a fun plane for a variety of flying.
jEff I have the slowest DSL link in the city of Stockton. Saw the videos finally at work as I uploaded them while doing other work away from my computer. Mike
Michael Heer is offline Find More Posts by Michael Heer
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 01, 2008, 04:08 PM
Suspended Account
H Town, TX
Joined Feb 2008
452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Davison
In the future...if you glue the aileron on wrong....
Take an exacto blade and cut the hinges. Then reslot the wing and surface, and put new hinges in..
Dont try to pull out the hinges once they are glued in...it will break the wing or the surface...just cut them.

Thank You, I should have been more patient and come here first, but Im not as good a builder as I am pilot
aryajet is offline Find More Posts by aryajet
Old Apr 01, 2008, 06:40 PM
Australia, NSW, Cherrybrook
Joined May 2004
1,577 Posts
Great Review.

I have my fingers crossed that Great Planes will bring out a Glow Power version of this model.
CustomPC is offline Find More Posts by CustomPC
Old Apr 01, 2008, 08:29 PM
War Eagle!
Birmingham, Alabama
Joined Feb 2007
7,876 Posts
Jon,

That must have been the coolest video I've ever seen on Ezone. Nicely done!

It looks like this plane has very nice flying characteristics. Looks like a keeper!

Great review!
Spackles94 is offline Find More Posts by Spackles94