HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 13, 2008, 09:57 PM
Prop me up
New Mexico, USA
Joined Oct 2007
2,358 Posts
Discussion
Motocalc does not have Ultra Stick and Slow Stick?

I downloaded Motocalc to try again, but am surprised that the Slow Stick (GWS) and Ultra Stick airframes are not in the database.

Also, can't find GWS HD and slow fly props. Is there a way to get them?

Perhaps I need to read the manual again.

Thanks.

Jim
cloud-9 is offline Find More Posts by cloud-9
Last edited by cloud-9; Jan 13, 2008 at 10:06 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2008, 02:46 PM
We want... Information!
Hastings, New Zealand
Joined Jan 2001
5,185 Posts
There are several Ultra Sticks in the user contributed database (I have no idea how accurate they are).

Any airframe that is not present can easily be created. Start with the manufacturer's data (wingspan/area/profile, weight etc.) and add the power system. Then adjust the airframe weight to get the correct all up weight. If you own the model then make your own measurements.

For the GWS Slowstick I entered:- wingspan 46.3in, wing area 505sqin, empty weight 8oz, wing thickness 1%, camber 5.5%, AOA 2%, rounded corners, average finish, fixed gear, some protusions.

I have a table of GWS prop constants on my website here.
Bruce Abbott is offline Find More Posts by Bruce Abbott
Old Jan 14, 2008, 04:50 PM
Prop me up
New Mexico, USA
Joined Oct 2007
2,358 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Abbott
There are several Ultra Sticks in the user contributed database (I have no idea how accurate they are).

Any airframe that is not present can easily be created. Start with the manufacturer's data (wingspan/area/profile, weight etc.) and add the power system. Then adjust the airframe weight to get the correct all up weight. If you own the model then make your own measurements.

For the GWS Slowstick I entered:- wingspan 46.3in, wing area 505sqin, empty weight 8oz, wing thickness 1%, camber 5.5%, AOA 2%, rounded corners, average finish, fixed gear, some protusions.

I have a table of GWS prop constants on my website here.
Bruce, thanks a lot, and thanks for those prop constants. Where do you find the user-coontribued database? I must not have it, since those airframes did not appear in the choices using the "find" button. I broke the motocalc manual out this morning and will try using the manufacturer's data.

Jim
cloud-9 is offline Find More Posts by cloud-9
Old Jan 14, 2008, 07:56 PM
Wallingford, Ct
Joined Sep 2001
1,907 Posts
On the website.
Al M is offline Find More Posts by Al M
Old Jan 14, 2008, 08:20 PM
Prop me up
New Mexico, USA
Joined Oct 2007