SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 13, 2008, 08:19 PM
GPutt33
United States, CO, Windsor
Joined Apr 2006
25 Posts
Discussion
Jack Stafford B-24D Strawberry B_tch Kit

Hi Guys - Needing some advice and help . I have one of the old Jack Stafford B-24D Liberator kits, and the box is marked with serial #695. I have had this kit on the shelves for years, and just don't think I'm up to the challenge of this particular one. It says Museum Scale Kit on the box as well, and from the looks of some of the bags of small detailed scale parts, this one will be a labor of love for someone. I also have about 60 or 70 digital pictures burned onto a CD of the full scale Strawberry B tch that is on display at Wright Patt in Dayton at the USAF Museum (which is awesome!). I tried to take pics of certain parts that would help me when I started this project for reference. The contents of the box has never been taken out, and the plans and manual all look to be in great shape. I took some pictures of the box and contents, but due to using my brothers computer right now, I won't be able to download them off the camera until I get to work this week and find a spare couple of minutes...

I currently have someone interested in the kit, and would like to sell it to him for a reasonable price. No price gouging, just RC modelder to modeler.

Thanks in advance for any help, we both appreciate it.

Gregg

GPutt33
Flying Cowboys RC - Wyoming
GPutt33 is offline Find More Posts by GPutt33
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 13, 2008, 08:41 PM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Aug 2004
58 Posts
I think the last owners of Jack Stafford Models were selling the kit for around $299. before they went out of business. Hope that helps? - Jim
spratman is offline Find More Posts by spratman
Old Jan 14, 2008, 10:26 PM
GPutt33
United States, CO, Windsor
Joined Apr 2006
25 Posts
Thanks Jim - This is one of the original kits when Jack Stafford first put it out. I think the one your referring to was a re-start of the company and similar kit. I have never seen the original kit and newer kit side by side, but I've been told the original had a lot more scale detail. I found one thread on here where one was offered for $350, so it's close. Thanks for the help. - Gregg
GPutt33 is offline Find More Posts by GPutt33
Old Jan 15, 2008, 03:41 PM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Aug 2004
58 Posts
Gregg, Yes, I was talking about the kit from the last owners of Jack Stafford models. I believe they were located in Indiana? I also had one of the original serial numbered B-24 kits from Stafford from when they were located in Southern California, where your kit is probably from. Mine came with Goldberg mechanical retracts which weren't included in the later version from the new owners, I think that was the only real difference? Mine retailed for $199. many, many years ago, lol. I think that $350 is probably reasonable since they are no longer available. Best - Jim
spratman is offline Find More Posts by spratman