HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 13, 2008, 03:47 PM
United States, IL, Rockford
Joined Dec 2004
55 Posts
Build Log
Soling 1 Meter Build Blog

I just started a Soling 1 Meter build blog if anyone is interested. There's not much there yet as I just received the boat kit on Friday. I would appreciate some of you old Soling 1M sailors stopping by occasionally and making sure that I'm not doing anything stupid.

http://soling1meter.wordpress.com/
Phcret is offline Find More Posts by Phcret
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 13, 2008, 04:01 PM
master boat slacker
USA, NY, Mastic Beach
Joined Feb 2006
568 Posts
i think you would have better luck posting in the sail boat section.
looks to be a neat sailboat
bigford is offline Find More Posts by bigford
Old Jan 13, 2008, 04:05 PM
Joined Dec 2004
55 Posts
Yeah I know. I must have mis-clicked somewhere along the line. I've requested the moderators move me over to sailboats.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 06:43 PM
Joined Dec 2007
439 Posts
I think that you're going to enjoy your sailboat. I used to have one many years ago and I enjoyed it tremendously till I stepped on it. I think that I'll order another one.

One tip that I can give is be careful when you pour your keel. In my case, the resin got too hot and I melted the keel. I think that the directions gives you tips on keeping the keel cool while the resin is curing.
RC-Archer is offline Find More Posts by RC-Archer
Old Jan 13, 2008, 07:16 PM
Joined Dec 2004
55 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-Archer
I think that you're going to enjoy your sailboat. I used to have one many years ago and I enjoyed it tremendously till I stepped on it. I think that I'll order another one.

One tip that I can give is be careful when you pour your keel. In my case, the resin got too hot and I melted the keel. I think that the directions gives you tips on keeping the keel cool while the resin is curing.
I've heard plenty of horror stories about melting the keel with resin. I'm planning on using the slow cure West Systems resin which should stay cool enough.