Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 28, 2008, 11:28 AM
Orlando Int, Florida, United States
Joined Oct 2004
2,151 Posts
another successful day with the micro

flew again in very windy conditions and it was great, no problems

except that i think the prop im using is too large for a 3s lipo... so ima go down to a 6x4 when im on 3s and ill report back. i think the 7x4 just draws too much and it over amps the thunderbird 9.

i ended up flying this little thing more than anything else i had there; and i only have one battery for it lol

actually i did have one cartwheel sorta... broke the motor mount off the CF fuelage/shaft. 5 min with some CA and kicker and it was back in action

-David
hawaiianspork226 is offline Find More Posts by hawaiianspork226
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2008, 12:23 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiianspork226
another successful day with the micro

flew again in very windy conditions and it was great, no problems

except that i think the prop im using is too large for a 3s lipo... so ima go down to a 6x4 when im on 3s and ill report back. i think the 7x4 just draws too much and it over amps the thunderbird 9.

i ended up flying this little thing more than anything else i had there; and i only have one battery for it lol

actually i did have one cartwheel sorta... broke the motor mount off the CF fuelage/shaft. 5 min with some CA and kicker and it was back in action

-David
Mo and I were just flying our Biplanes in the back yard. We had a mid-air and my plane went into the lake. Mo managed to land safely despite some damage to both wings. Unfortunately, my biplane needs a new set of wings. Luckily, I already have a set of wings started. I will have my biplane up and running for Boggy Creek this Sunday.

James
jkarpy is offline Find More Posts by jkarpy
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 28, 2008, 06:01 PM
Orlando Int, Florida, United States
Joined Oct 2004
2,151 Posts
awe orry to see/hear that... lol luckily you have a few spares eh?

James Im gonna PM you real quick

-David
hawaiianspork226 is offline Find More Posts by hawaiianspork226
Old Feb 03, 2008, 02:56 PM
War Eagle!
Birmingham, Alabama
Joined Feb 2007
7,876 Posts
Very cool planes I see that there's a review of them coming up. I can't wait to see how they fly!
Spackles94 is offline Find More Posts by Spackles94
Old Feb 04, 2008, 01:29 PM
Littleton, Colorado
Joined Nov 2007
52 Posts
James
I took your suggestion and replaced the 250 with your motor, 750 thunder power and the 7 X 3.5 prop. Boy did it make a difference, it was off the ground instantly and flies great with this combo. The timer on my DX7 showed 18 minutes and I think I still had a few more minutes left. The only problem I had was that I landed a little hot and nocked the prop off, the extra 1" with the flex of the landing gear makes a difference.
The 250 at 5500 feet just isn't enough motor.
Spud
Spudx is offline Find More Posts by Spudx
Old Feb 04, 2008, 01:59 PM
Timelord
USA, IN, Muncie
Joined Mar 2002
2,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spackles94
Very cool planes I see that there's a review of them coming up. I can't wait to see how they fly!
They fly well, even in wind. Just hard to get the little things on video as they scoot pretty good.
Doctor Who is offline Find More Posts by Doctor Who
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 09, 2008, 12:04 AM
Timelord
USA, IN, Muncie
Joined Mar 2002
2,411 Posts
Here are a couple of group shots of the Micro SSX & Micro SSX Bipe
Doctor Who is offline Find More Posts by Doctor Who
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 09, 2008, 07:12 AM
War Eagle!