HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 12, 2008, 07:41 AM
Certified Riteaholic
San Marcos, CA.
Joined Oct 2003
649 Posts
Discussion
Congrats, klique gets published, again!

I just got done reading an article in this months RC Sport Flyer (Jan 08) and there is an awesome article on The Ritewing Demon 40.

"From time to time, you run across folks in this hobby whose focus, passion, and willingness to help others makes a lasting impression. Combine that with the sight and sound of a 1700+ watt, 40,000+ rpm power system on a fast-flying wing screaming by at 178 mph, and you end up with an experience you"ll never forget!"

I couldn't agree more. I've known Chris for over a year now, and he's become a good friend of mine. As many of you know, he's always just a phone call away. Just a couple of weeks ago, I had him on the phone while I was at the flying field, helping me dial in my twin. His passion is nothing short of amazing, and I've come so far as a direct result of his efforts.

This months article is the 7S Demon. I'm happy to say this is actually my wing featured in the article, and I want to thank Mike Hoffmeister for doing such a Dynomike article on Chris. Also, thanks to Chris for building me so many outstanding wings. ( I have 7 custom builds now) Your a class act, and I'm glad to know you.
joekoz is offline Find More Posts by joekoz
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2008, 08:27 AM
Designer of Flying Things
Overland Park,Kansas
Joined Apr 2004
480 Posts
Right On Ritewing!

I read that too. Nice wing exposure.

When I saw the pictures, I was like "repost!" since we have seen them here.
High speed wings get a lot of attention and he did a great job promoting the versitile flying wing at SEFF! Nice radar numbers too. The Henry cloth use should have been mentioned, as Chris pioneered that in my mind. ( I guess the fiberglass tape they mentioned is the same, but was confusing)

Chris,
What is the current Ritewing speed record?
Is the airfoil info public?

Rich
-=SLaPPiE=- is offline Find More Posts by -=SLaPPiE=-
Last edited by -=SLaPPiE=-; Jan 12, 2008 at 09:53 AM.
Old Jan 12, 2008, 09:32 AM
Luke 12:7
USA, CA, Sunnyvale
Joined Nov 2006
1,261 Posts
I haven't read the article yet but I totally agree Joe. His passion is infectious / addicting / contagious and so are his wings!

I will have to go out and pick up the magazine to keep with the July 07 Fly RC write up on Chris and the TL50.

Keep up the great work Chris. We look forward to what Klique labs will develop in 08.
reefboy is online now Find More Posts by reefboy
Old Jan 12, 2008, 09:49 AM
Certified Riteaholic
San Marcos, CA.
Joined Oct 2003
649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=SLaPPiE=-
I read that too. Nice wing exposure.

Chris,
What is the current Ritewing speed record?
Is the airfoil info public?

Rich
To the best of my knowledge, it's 178MPH.
Old Jan 12, 2008, 09:54 AM
Livermore, CA
Joined Jan 2007
919 Posts
I totally agree with all the comments. Chris is a great guy with an infectious passion. I must also say that Chris's nature has created something in the rcgroup forum that I find to be unique and compelling; that is, this group of followers. Quite frankly, Chris got me back into the hobby with the "ritewing momentum". I think this momentum is unique. It's more than just building and flying which are pretty cool in themselves; you have to have someplace to share the ups and downs with friends that understand and appreciate the same passion.

I have been in and out of RC for a very long time, like 30 years and have only occasionally come across the commeraderie that is prevelant in the flying wing forum. Recently I was out and thinking about returning and came across a ritewinger at medusa research. He told me about his ritewing he was building and pointed me to the flying wing forum. I started reading and this is what pulled me back in. It's been great!

Now I have 3 ritewings up and running(TL50, TL60, FS33), a fourth ready to maiden (FS48) and a stack of "to be built" ritewing cores.

Chris rules!
twilkers is offline Find More Posts by twilkers
Old Jan 12, 2008, 10:18 AM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,767 Posts
Thnx too all you guys if you werent such good friends, builders and such great pilots,there would be no Ritewing.

What realy keeps this going is that 99% of you guys get the whole experiance of the this ritewing stuff,and we all can relate so well.

Sitting back and reading all the threads is one thing but once you experiance it is a whole new type of fun and enjoyment you dont get anwhere else from a hobby shop arf.

I owe it all to you guys, thnx tons for all the years of fun.
I have a few mind boggling prodjects on the drawing board so hold on for some more extreme fun.

Rich AKA slappie, The air foils I have not let the public know what they are,but you can get them from me in kit form if you want.

The foils actually didnt work that well untill the planforms were dialed
in.

There has be alot of effort over the years to reach these speeds and handling along with the build techniques.
The efforts are not just mine they are from allRitewingers so alot of thanx goes to them too.

Thnx tons guys.
Ck
klique is offline Find More Posts by klique
Old Jan 12, 2008, 11:20 AM
resU deretsigeR
Dublin Ca
Joined Aug 2004
7,787 Posts
For over 2 years i have been playing with these wings and man all i can say is it never gets boring.. way to go CK.. 2 mag's in one year sweet..

Looking foward to AEF...
PaulVi is offline Find More Posts by PaulVi
Old Jan 12, 2008, 11:27 AM
Certified Riteaholic
San Marcos, CA.
Joined Oct 2003
649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulVi
Looking foward to AEF...

We're going to have a blast!!
Old Jan 12, 2008, 03:04 PM
I B Chargin'
Arizona
Joined Aug 2003
1,525 Posts
Great Job Chris!! Nice to see you get the recognition you deserve!!
Charger is offline Find More Posts by Charger
Old Jan 12, 2008, 04:00 PM
Niles, MI
Joined Jan 2005
501 Posts
CK you never cease to amaze all of us doing it the rite way

j

ps... i need to give you a shout and catch up...peace
jarvis2542 is offline Find More Posts by jarvis2542
Old Jan 12, 2008, 07:03 PM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,767 Posts
I hope you can make it to seff jarvis ,we need to Raise a few eyebrows with some wing racing.

Ck
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarvis2542
CK you never cease to amaze all of us doing it the rite way

j

ps... i need to give you a shout and catch up...peace
Old Jan 12, 2008, 08:25 PM
resU deretsigeR
Dublin Ca
Joined Aug 2004
7,787 Posts
Hey if AEF turns out to be a bust then i will plan to do the SEFF treak the following year

I can only do one a year so i have to pick wisley
PaulVi is offline Find More Posts by PaulVi
Old Jan 13, 2008, 11:47 AM
More props are better than One
United States, AL, Sumiton
Joined Nov 2004
2,142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by klique
I hope you can make it to seff jarvis ,we need to Raise a few eyebrows with some wing racing.

Ck
I think thats what I hate the most..... I was looking forward to going to SEFF.
But my plans got changed.... But I guess I will have all my planes repaired before I get back to walking good again...

GREAT JOB CK.... You keep up the great work as I know you will.
I can't wait to get back flying....

BTW did I tell you that of all the planes I had in my ride the day of the crash. The RiteWings came out with a few tiny poked holes (fill and cover) also a few scratches .... I can't kill these planes, cause they were built the Rite way. I must have rolled over 30 times in my car before stopping.

That shows these planes can take a few bangs and bumps, then keep on going. Can't say that for my lipos... I think I lost over half of my 25 batts.

But I am still here and right now thats all that matters.

Later, Craig
TaSaJaRa is online now Find More Posts by TaSaJaRa
Old Jan 13, 2008, 11:48 AM
More props are better than One
United States, AL, Sumiton
Joined Nov 2004
2,142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulVi
Hey if AEF turns out to be a bust then i will plan to do the SEFF treak the following year

I can only do one a year so i have to pick wisley
Looks like thats when I will get to go again.... Unless I get the go ahead to use my right leg before then.
TaSaJaRa is online now Find More Posts by TaSaJaRa
Old Jan 13, 2008, 08:11 PM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,767 Posts
Hey Craig we can fix you with a litle 3m90 and some roof tape .
You got 5 months to get ready to hang with us at seff.
Just take care of yourself and get better,all of you slackers are also a big part of the Ritewing Nation .If it wasnt your support there would be no article.
Thnx tons guys.
ck
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaSaJaRa
I think thats what I hate the most..... I was looking forward to going to SEFF.
But my plans got changed.... But I guess I will have all my planes repaired before I get back to walking good again...

GREAT JOB CK.... You keep up the great work as I know you will.
I can't wait to get back flying....

BTW did I tell you that of all the planes I had in my ride the day of the crash. The RiteWings came out with a few tiny poked holes (fill and cover) also a few scratches .... I can't kill these planes, cause they were built the Rite way. I must have rolled over 30 times in my car before stopping.

That shows these planes can take a few bangs and bumps, then keep on going. Can't say that for my lipos... I think I lost over half of my 25 batts.

But I am still here and right now thats all that matters.

Later, Craig