SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 11, 2008, 02:45 AM
Joined Nov 2004
26 Posts
Discussion
RC "toy" snowmobile conversion, help

Hey guys, my background is in electric planes (I have about 10 right now, all brushless & lipo powered) and nitro 8th scale buggies. But with snow on the ground I thought I would try converting one of the toy snowmobiles from Walmart to RC.

I've seen a few conversions of the Newbright sled, but it's about twice the size of the one I have. I'm venturing onto new ground for me, as I don't know much about brushless/lipo setups for "cars", so this is were I need some help.

I have a spare himax HA2025-5300 installed in place of the stock 300 can motor, and I just picked up a CC Mamba Max ESC (I know it's a little overkill for this, but it was the only "car" brushless ESC in stock at the shop today).
Will this motor work ok, and what type of amps would I probably see in this setup, I need some sort of a ballpark on the amps so I can figure out what mah lipo to run in it. I have a Flightpower Evolite 2500 3s rated at 18c (45 amp cont, 70 amp max) that I think could work, but I would like some input from you guys before I go blowing something up

Please let me know if I'm off target with this setup or not, any knowledgeable advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Jimi
jimichonga is offline Find More Posts by jimichonga
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2008, 08:13 PM
Joined Mar 2007
13 Posts
some info for ya

Ok first off the himax has way to high KV for what you are doing.
An I call tell you that the track on thoses sleds slip like crazy unless you do alot of work to them I have 4 in that size.

I also now have 6 of the new bright ones and all I did was put my brushless in them and added 1 more wheel to the drive for the track and I am useing a 540 2731KV on a 3 cell li-po and man this thing moves.
I have even tried a 5000kv but the motor gets to hot for it but the speed is alot of fun.

if there is any other info you need just let me know.

Hurricane
hurricane-fibers is offline Find More Posts by hurricane-fibers