SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 11, 2008, 05:09 AM
Droner
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, CPH
Joined Mar 2006
2,410 Posts
I wonder who designed the tailfin set and what he was smoking?
SebastianJ is offline Find More Posts by SebastianJ
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2008, 05:16 AM
How high does it go?..duh
Currently in...UK
Joined Jun 2004
2,639 Posts
Hey that looks just the ticket for a 300 size stretch. Very tempted to get one and mod it, it should be an easy mod. It looks a tad heavy for a 200 though.
Pigs dont fly is offline Find More Posts by Pigs dont fly
Old Jan 11, 2008, 05:20 AM
Heli Hooligan
London
Joined Dec 2006
6,062 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparx
I dunno Gino, I was hoping for better

Weight(without electronic parts):222g

That bothers me. Hurricane 200 is .... Flying weight: 230g ~ 250g (It may vary according to size of a battery pack and R/C gears.) .

You are looking at more then 350grams flying weight. I think that is going to be too much. Guess we will have to wait to see some videos from soneebee because that right there is enough for me to not buy it

SPaRX
The rotor disc diameter is 35mm wider than the EP200. My 3s Hurricane 200 fly weight is 270g. Comparing the disc loading:

Hurricane 200 (270g): 1.86 Kg per m sq
CopterX (350g): 2.07 Kg per m sq
mahbouni is offline Find More Posts by mahbouni
Old Jan 11, 2008, 05:22 AM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
Well, good to know we have that option.
Gino CP is offline Find More Posts by Gino CP
Old Jan 11, 2008, 05:52 AM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Nov 2006
1,693 Posts
Here are some rough numbers.

Length:430mm
Height:180mm
Main Rotor:465mm
Tail Rotor:120mm
Weight(without electronic parts):222g

Copter 200 - 222g
3 servos - 20g
3154 servo - 10g
TP 910mah - 65g
ESC - 20g
Motor - 30g
Receiver - 10g
Futaba 401 - 30g or 2100T 10g but it might not work very well with 3154 plus it's very picky on vibration with high head speed

Total 407g give it or take 10% (plugs, wires and other junk)

I hope plastic blades are better than horrible CopterX wood blades. What would happen after the crash with plastic blades? Iím just afraid plastic blades might destroy the head because they are almost unbreakable and running blades around 4000rpm will definitely put a big hit on the head. Damn I like the helicopter but parts availability is killing me. I was already thinking to sell my Belt CP to buy Copter 200 but in my head I know 200 will never be able to fly close to 450 size helicopter.
Almaz is offline Find More Posts by Almaz
Old Jan 11, 2008, 06:33 AM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
I'm pretty clear with what the CopterX's role will be with me should I get one. It will be my backyard heli. For the field I have my CopterX 450. Based on specs, it will be no Gaui or Maxir. But if it flies well upright and is as reliable as the 450, then it will do the job. I won't be throwing any speculations because it is useless to me. I'll just hook up with Soneebee and try the heli. Hopefully I will be back with good news.
Old Jan 11, 2008, 12:25 PM
www.insideheli.com
Joined Jun 2007
1,293 Posts
Looking at it compared to the hurricane, it looks like the extra 30mm is coming from the width of the head. So it maybe running 200mm blades as well. So you should be able to use any of the Hurrican 200s blades.

SPaRX
sparx is offline Find More Posts by sparx
Old Jan 11, 2008, 12:31 PM
www.insideheli.com
Joined Jun 2007
1,293 Posts
Gino,

Can you ask Soneebee to get us some more specific info on some dimensions. Specificially I am interested in......

1. Main Blade Length
2. Main Shaft Diam
3. Main Gear Tooth Count
4. Tail Boom Diam

The price is still very appealing on this one. If it has some common part sizes, this will be a workable heli.

SPaRX
Old Jan 11, 2008, 01:28 PM
Heli Hooligan
London
Joined Dec 2006
6,062 Posts
I'd also like to know the details of the motor; weight and distance between mounting holes. Also useful would be it's output power in Watts or the max current in Amps.
Old Jan 11, 2008, 01:33 PM
Heli Hooligan
London
Joined Dec 2006
6,062 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparx
Looking at it compared to the hurricane, it looks like the extra 30mm is coming from the width of the head. So it maybe running 200mm blades as well. So you should be able to use any of the Hurrican 200s blades.

SPaRX
The extra 30mm may come from the width of the head but it doesn't make a lot of difference, since the inner part of the rotor disc generates the least amount of lift. The center of lift lies about 80% of the way along the radius of the circle. In any case it sould be useful to be able to use the Hurricane 200 blades.
Old Jan 11, 2008, 07:01 PM
www.insideheli.com
Joined Jun 2007
1,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahbouni
The extra 30mm may come from the width of the head but it doesn't make a lot of difference, since the inner part of the rotor disc generates the least amount of lift. The center of lift lies about 80% of the way along the radius of the circle. In any case it sould be useful to be able to use the Hurricane 200 blades.
My thoughts exactly mahbouni.

I may end up getting one of these at some point. It was on the top of my purchase list, but it has been moved down a bit. The weight just bothers me.

SPaRX
Old Jan 11, 2008, 07:14 PM
Heli Hooligan
London
Joined Dec 2006
6,062 Posts
We now have 3 helicopters in this class; Hurricane 200, Wasp V3 and now the CopterX 200. Perhaps we might eventually see some nice carbon blades from SAB or Radix.
Old Jan 11, 2008, 07:49 PM
www.insideheli.com
Joined Jun 2007
1,293 Posts
Yes, and a good broad price range as well. You can get into this class heli for under ~$180 on the lowside and ~$400 on the highside.

Could prove to be an exciting class of helis.

SPaRX
Old Jan 11, 2008, 07:54 PM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
Oh I thought the Wasp was a 300.
Old Jan 11, 2008, 08:07 PM
Joined Sep 2006
1,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahbouni
It may not make a lof of difference, but your explanation is totally wrong. You're right, the inner part of the disc does not generate much lift, but that's not what we care about. The wider head makes the the blade reach further, so it's like you're running a longer set of blades. So if the hurricane 200 runs 200mm blades and you put them on the copterx, those blades instantly became 215mm blades in a sense.

A good example of this is the MiniTitan 325. While the blade length on them is the same as a trex 450. The MiniTitan's head is wider, and many have reported the MiniTitan having slower cyclic and more stable. That's exactly what happens when you switch to longer blades, or in this case, a wider head. I've ran 335mm blades on my 450 before, and I do feel the extra stability and reduced cyclic speed.

I was hoping CopterX would get a copy of ep100/200 like they did the 450. I'm disappointed to see this unexciting new addition.
rcboosted is online now Find More Posts by rcboosted