HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 11, 2009, 08:08 PM
Spain / Argentina
Joined Mar 2007
186 Posts
A night video from Camilo Aldao too
OSD644
35Mhz setup

CAMILO ALDAO XV FESTIVAL - VUELO NOCTURNO FPV 2009 (2 min 28 sec)
sergio00 is offline Find More Posts by sergio00
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 22, 2009, 09:10 PM
vau
UK
Joined Jan 2007
252 Posts
Tron,

Looking good - I had a few questions - I've read through the thread twice but forgive me if I ask questions that have already been answered.

868Mhz Downlink (air to ground)
========================
1) What is this downlink used for if all telemetry is currently passed back via the video overlay/OSD?
2) If we could get most of the telemetry back via the 868 downlink, how much would this affect our control uplink? I think the data link is only half-duplex so we could not be receiving telemetry and receiving controls from the base-station at the same time. Band utilisation would likely increase quite a bit too.

Autopilot/RTL
==========
1) You said that you are investigating IMU support - would this IMU be for providing attitude telemetry AND for flight stabilisation or just telemetry?
2) Will any autopilot/RTL function be built into the OSD product or the receiver? I see reference to a receiver model RXRCWM11 which appears to have a dedicated navigation CPU - is this receiver still planned?

I really like the look of what you're doing so well done! (so many good projects I stumble over on RCGROUPS)

Thanks for your efforts.
vau is offline Find More Posts by vau
Old Mar 24, 2009, 03:25 AM
Joined Mar 2009
11 Posts
Tron,
I have 3 questions?
Can you write which compenent you used in air plane? ( FPV+ rc controller tx and rx)
How did you use 868Mhz system with Futaba tx ?
I have a Futaba FF7 (T7CP) 2.4 GHz. How will I use Futaba FF7 Tx 2.4 GHz with 869MHz long range sysytem?
Excuse me for my English,
regards
QUANTUMIC is offline Find More Posts by QUANTUMIC
Old Mar 25, 2009, 12:13 PM
Valencia, Spain
Joined Jan 2008
157 Posts
Hello,

Excuses by not to answer.

I was very it occupied with equipment new and updating the system LRS 869-915Mhz.

We wait to have autopilot I complete before August of the 2009.

in the OSD644DMDG, we will will have of return pilot to house for freestanding airplanes

regards,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgis21
Good test! Thanks for info.
the only thing I miss in LRS 869 is autopilot.
Tron You were talking about coming soon and needs only firmware updates for it to became autopilot available in my own LRS? Thanks
tron is offline Find More Posts by tron
Old Mar 25, 2009, 12:23 PM
Valencia, Spain
Joined Jan 2008
157 Posts
Hello,

The idea in principle is good.

The problem is that does not operate well to receive and to transmit in 2.4Ghz. It is better to use 900Mhz or @@' 1300Mhz in the airplane and 2.4Ghz in the eyewear or 5.8Ghz in the airplane and 2.4Ghz in the eyewear.

I have accomplished tests with 2.4Ghz and it does not operate well when the airplane is far. Maybe separating what is possible maximum the channels to operate but it is outside of the regulation.

regards,

Quote:
Originally Posted by airgroove
Hi Tron: I am extremely excited about your DMD LRS system. I fly scale gliders in California and would love to purchase a system when it is available in the U.S. (I can't tell if it is available now).

I have two questions for you about using the DMD LRS with the Fat Shark Teleporter . The Teleporter looks like a very elegant wireless solution to the head tracking problem. I have used the Rvision-D goggles with the Track R2 and it is very cumbersome with multiple wires hanging off the goggles.

The problem for long range FPV is that the Teleporter's head tracking Tx and video Rx are very short range. So here are my two questions (I have attached a diagram of the possible system design, but I am not the most technical person, so please forgive any obvious errors in my thinking):

1. Is it possible to use the Teleporter head tracking with the DMD by sending the 2 channels from the 433Mhz head tracking on the Teleporter to the DMD base station (with a 433Mhz Rx)? Then the DMD LRS sends those two head tracking channels to the DMD Rx in the plane (in order to get long range). Those two channels in the DMD Rx would be connected to the Teleporter's pan/tilt servos.

2. Also, to make the Teleporter video Rx connect to the long range 2.4GHz 1W Lawmate video Tx, I would need to somehow relay the signal from the 14 dBi patch to the Teleporter's built-in 3 dBi dipole antenna. My thought was to connect the 14 dBi to a 2.4Ghz Rx and send that video signal to another 2.4Ghz Tx on the ground that would send the signal to the Teleporter's built-in 2.4Ghz Rx. Would this work, and even if it did would the video signal be significantly degraded in quality?

With this system (if it is possible), the Teleporter video goggles would be wireless and the only wire from the pilot would be from the trainer port from the radio to the DMD base station, if I am correct. Also, this would be a nice elegant solution to eliminating the need to install a second Trainer port on my Futaba 9C (which is what I believe Impulze did).

Tron, let me know if you think this is possible, and if anyone else has any thoughts that would be much appreciated as well. I am not very technical so I need all the help I can get .

Thanks very much and congratulations on such an outstanding system. I can't wait for my first 10 mile flight slope soaring the California coast with the DMD LRS!
Old Mar 25, 2009, 12:25 PM
Valencia, Spain
Joined Jan 2008
157 Posts
Hello,

Yes, RF channel selectivity of video receiver is not good.

Regards,

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmormota
Using a small microcontroller you can combine the ppm signal of the radio and the output servo pulses of the 433MHz receiver into a single ppm signal. This way no need to any modification on the DMD system.
In order to remove the last cable you can use a 72 MHz receiver at the base station, the uC composes a ppm signal using the receivers output pulses...

There is a possible problem with the two 2.4 GHz video channels. I am not sure that the video channel separation is good enough to avoid the disturbing signal at the goggles receiver if the plane is close, or the opposite, to avoid the disturbance of the 10mW transmitter on the base receiver when the plane is far away.
But it's a simple test, better to try instead of speculating.
Anyway, there is a 5.8GHz FatShark version under development.
Old Mar 25, 2009, 12:30 PM
Valencia, Spain
Joined Jan 2008
157 Posts
Hello,

Yes. There are many novelties.

We are updating the web www.dmd.es this week.

The shop web already it is in English. http://tienda.dmd.es

The system LRS to 915Mhz is correct for Australia

I go to inform in Rcgroups little by little

Regards,

Quote:
Originally Posted by airmcn_3
Is there any update for this product? Price? Avalibility? We are very interested.

Is this system legal in Australia?

Thank you,

Chris
Old Mar 25, 2009, 12:33 PM
Valencia, Spain
Joined Jan 2008
157 Posts
Hello,

Yes. There are many novelties.

I go to inform in Rcgroups little by little, throughout the week

Regards,

Quote:
Originally Posted by airgroove
Hi Tron: any update on your system in the U.S.?

Thanks.
Old Mar 25, 2009, 01:11 PM
Valencia, Spain
Joined Jan 2008
157 Posts
Hello vau,
1) What is this downlink used for if all telemetry is currently passed back via the video overlay/OSD?

Currently it has not been used telemetry in the downlink. It is decreased to land through the line hidden of the video with the OSD644DMDG.
In some weeks I will program telemetry in RXRC11L receiver for the descent channel of the LRS-869Mhz

2) If we could get most of the telemetry back via the 868 downlink, how much would this affect our control uplink? I think the data link is only half-duplex so we could not be receiving telemetry and receiving controls from the base-station at the same time. Band utilisation would likely increase quite a bit too.

Not problem. It is lack of time of the programmer.
The increase in the broad of band will be solved using frequency jump

Autopilot/RTL
==========
1) You said that you are investigating IMU support - would this IMU be for providing attitude telemetry AND for flight stabilisation or just telemetry?

The IMU will be used for autopilot, UAV mode and telemetry unrestricted .

2) Will any autopilot/RTL function be built into the OSD product or the receiver? I see reference to a receiver model RXRCWM11 which appears to have a dedicated navigation CPU - is this receiver still planned?

Yes, RXRC11L is normal receiver, similar to 35-72Mhz receivers.

RXRCWM11,There are quite novelties and this receiver is not sold much. Not we go it to withdraw by the moment.

regards,

Quote:
Originally Posted by vau
Tron,

Looking good - I had a few questions - I've read through the thread twice but forgive me if I ask questions that have already been answered.

868Mhz Downlink (air to ground)
========================

Autopilot/RTL
==========

I really like the look of what you're doing so well done! (so many good projects I stumble over on RCGROUPS)

Thanks for your efforts.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 03:57 PM
Joined Mar 2009
11 Posts
Tron,
I have 3 questions?
Can you write which compenent you used in air plane? ( FPV+ rc controller tx and rx)
I have a Futaba FF7 (T7CP) 2.4 GHz. How will I use Futaba FF7 Tx 2.4 GHz with 869MHz long range sysytem?
regards
QUANTUMIC is offline Find More Posts by QUANTUMIC
Old Mar 27, 2009, 07:45 PM
vau
UK
Joined Jan 2007
252 Posts
Thanks Tron

For taking the time to answer.

I'll be watching with interest as the downlink is used. Please keep us updated as to how it goes.

thanks again

vau

Quote:
Originally Posted by tron
Hello vau,

Currently it has not been used telemetry in the downlink. It is decreased to land through the line hidden of the video with the OSD644DMDG.
In some weeks I will program telemetry in RXRC11L receiver for the descent channel of the LRS-869Mhz

Not problem. It is lack of time of the programmer.
The increase in the broad of band will be solved using frequency jump

Autopilot/RTL
==========

The IMU will be used for autopilot, UAV mode and telemetry unrestricted .

Yes, RXRC11L is normal receiver, similar to 35-72Mhz receivers.

RXRCWM11,There are quite novelties and this receiver is not sold much. Not we go it to withdraw by the moment.

regards,
vau is offline Find More Posts by vau
Old Mar 31, 2009, 09:03 AM
Valencia, Spain
Joined Jan 2008
157 Posts
Hello,

Ok.

Transmitter: FF9 Futaba.

KITSTFPV. Complete FPV Kit LRS 869-915Mhz Long Range
Composed of long-range kit RC 869Mhz, with the new OSD644DMD + GPS 5Hz, video glasses and kit for audio and video standard.

KL1.Locator Kit 869-903Mhz

more information in:
http://tienda.dmd.es/epages/ea0697.s...jectID=1873520

The transmitter (BTS-1) LRS of 869Mhz is connected to the output PPM of the master pupil of the FF9.

Regards,

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUANTUMIC
Tron,
I have 3 questions?
regards
Old Mar 31, 2009, 10:22 AM
Valencia, Spain
Joined Jan 2008
157 Posts
new OSD644DMDG handbook in english

Hello,

new OSD644DMDG handbook in english with HUD F16

http://www.dmd.es/Pdf/Osd644%20handbook%20%20V1.2b.pdf

Regards
Old Mar 31, 2009, 10:36 AM
Valencia, Spain
Joined Jan 2008
157 Posts
New URLS Ultra Long Range System 869-915Mhz

News systems URLS 869-915Mhz:

URLS Ultra Long Range System 869-915Mhz

We have multiplied the range and the safety of the system LRS...

We have not increased the power of Transmission max. that it is of 500mW.

we have filtered the foreign frequencies until 100.000 times

there are 3 systems:

I accompany videos of test flights of makes some days.

ULRSLP (Low Power 10mW): Link Estimated Range: 115Km.

ULRS (A). Link Estimated Range: 230Km

URLS Ultra Long Range System A. Test 01 (12 min 13 sec)

In this flight to 10Km we obtained -62dBm...

ULRS (B). Link Estimated Range: 600Km

Test ULRS (B) 02. Ultra Long Range system FPV. 600Km range. (10 min 11 sec)

In this flight to 7Km we obtained -42dBm...

Evidently the use of these systems is for professionals...

Already I will go you informing.

regards,
Old Mar 31, 2009, 12:45 PM
Suspended Account
Netherlands, NH, Edam
Joined Jul 2004
5,535 Posts
Tron,

I don't mean to be nasty, but I have a friend that has one of your systems. He's a very experienced FPV pilot and knows how to properly set things up. With your system his range is less than from a PCM 35MHz based system. So I'm wondering what could be the cause? He contacted you about this, but he mentioned you didn't want to help him at all.

Would you care addressing the issue in this topic? If so I'll let him know that you're here to answer his questions.

Cheers,

Sander.
ssassen is offline Find More Posts by ssassen
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)