HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 08, 2008, 06:01 PM
Houston, TX
Joined Jan 2008
5,768 Posts
Discussion
Let me introduce myself...

Greetings everyone,

I'm a 40 yr old in Texas. I had always been into flight. I started with plastic model kits as a kid and after college got into rc planes. I wanted to do heli but 15 yrs ago, they were very expensive and difficult to learn so I stuck with airplanes. Flew for about a year before the plane met its demise. I next went to flying real planes and got a private pilot license. Got about 80 flight hours. Then came marriage, house, and kids and I was all the way back to plastic kits but with a vigor as forum websites such as Hyperscale helped me learn to use an airbrush to create beautiful works of arts.

This past Christmas, I got one of those micro 2 channel heli and was immediately hooked. Over the holidays I researched the web like crazy for my next heli and discovered this site. My readings here as well as having a Micro Center store in town so that I could get a Lama V3 for $60 made up my mind and I got one last weekend. I'm still nervous about flying a much more complex heli so still starring at it and learning about all of the pieces that make it work.

You all have been a big help and I'll be reading and asking questions in the near future as I set of learning this new hobby. My goal is to progress from co-axial to FP to CP so that I can put together a scale looking heli. I'm not interested in aerobatic maneuvers but just nice graceful flights around my house and yard.

Also, I'm realizing that $60 is just enough to get me involved but the heli came with cheaper made parts and contemplating the upgrade and replacement pieces are going to run me more than double what I paid for originally and that's where these manufacturers are making their money.

So...thank goodness for this site.
dude_109 is offline Find More Posts by dude_109
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 08, 2008, 06:05 PM
Joined Dec 2007
142 Posts
Welcome to RCG. You'll find a lot of helpful people here and some very intersting pointers for you on your journey. Good luck.........

Joe
Turnell is offline Find More Posts by Turnell
Old Jan 11, 2008, 06:19 PM
Dragonus II Plus
Outside Philly
Joined Jun 2007
786 Posts
Welcome and good luck....helis are addictive and challenging
Realmkaos is offline Find More Posts by Realmkaos
Old Jan 11, 2008, 07:00 PM
Oregon, USA
Joined Dec 2007
1,812 Posts
Welcome friend!

I'm new here (since Christmas) also and I can tell ya you have come to the right place to learn and hang-out with friendly, knowledgeable folks. You'll learn a ton about the most popular model coaxial helis in here, so start reading and enjoy!
RMG2 is offline Find More Posts by RMG2