SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 13, 2013, 03:22 PM
dammachines
United States, DC, Washington
Joined Feb 2004
1,400 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
Now ricky works sweet, but I just stripped the plasitc sprocket mounts on the rear wheel. Luckily I had a spare rear wheel. Ricky just aint made for high power but he is still an awesome bike!

Yeah, somewhere on here in one of the Ricky threads is a discussion of filling in the area around those sprocket mounting standoffs to make things stronger. Use something like epoxy or JB Weld maybe... You can also drill those holes completely through the plastic and then use longer 3mm bolts with nuts to hold the sprocket on.

Dave
dmincin is offline Find More Posts by dmincin
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2013, 04:32 PM
Santa Monica, Ca.
Joined Mar 2006
166 Posts
Watching these videos again reminds me of how much fun I had with my Ricky's.... Anyone still into these Bikes? I think it is still the most realistic bike out there!

I recently met a toy designer who was part of making the Ricky bikes back in the day... random.
jloc is offline Find More Posts by jloc
Old Sep 19, 2013, 04:46 PM
At peace with his albatross
United States, CA, Vacaville
Joined Oct 2003
2,290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jloc View Post
Watching these videos again reminds me of how much fun I had with my Ricky's.... Anyone still into these Bikes? I think it is still the most realistic bike out there!

I recently met a toy designer who was part of making the Ricky bikes back in the day... random.
I'm selling all the aluminum upgrades for the ricky as well as about 2 full bikes.

LMK if your interested.
wannabe is offline Find More Posts by wannabe
Old Sep 19, 2013, 06:57 PM
Santa Monica, Ca.
Joined Mar 2006
166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
I'm selling all the aluminum upgrades for the ricky as well as about 2 full bikes.

LMK if your interested.
Thanks.... I am also selling my tricked Ricky to fund some new projects.
jloc is offline Find More Posts by jloc
Last edited by jloc; Sep 19, 2013 at 07:03 PM.