HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 08, 2008, 04:42 AM
Georgetown Ont. Canada
Joined Oct 2007
144 Posts
Discussion
Ricky Carmichael Video

Hello everyone: Just thought I would post my Ricky Video from youtube.

dave...

Radio Shack Ricky Carmichael Big Jump (1 min 42 sec)
davcat is offline Find More Posts by davcat
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 08, 2008, 06:20 AM
Warwick - UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,151 Posts
Love the action footage, cool drive by wave he's got going there!

Jumping cones is one thing, but here's me getting jumped!
Ricky solo and quad jump (0 min 18 sec)

and of course the crazy ARX540 Vid we did a while back
ARX 540 Review video (1 min 24 sec)
Dez82 is offline Find More Posts by Dez82
Old Jan 08, 2008, 04:56 PM
Joined Dec 2006
13 Posts
LOL....that last crash just had to hurt
arghsee is offline Find More Posts by arghsee
Old Jan 08, 2008, 06:27 PM
The Great White North
Joined Apr 2007
80 Posts
Great video , That face plant at the end is awesome.Hope Ricky lived to ride again
zenmasterzoso is offline Find More Posts by zenmasterzoso
Old Jan 08, 2008, 06:47 PM
Joined Jul 2007
116 Posts
that cool vid loved it
duke 34677 is offline Find More Posts by duke 34677
Old Jan 08, 2008, 08:21 PM
Joined Nov 2007
50 Posts
where did you get the usd forks?
gogglespaesano is offline Find More Posts by gogglespaesano
Old Jan 08, 2008, 09:54 PM
Georgetown Ont. Canada
Joined Oct 2007
144 Posts
Ricky Video

Hello everyone

Thanks for the input! The forks are from Antonio. ARX-540 builder. I have 8 Ricky's, the one you saw jumping is stock with just a radio update, bearings, usd forks. He clears 16.5 feet over the cones.

I have a 7 cell gp4200 Ricky with a 19 turn Epic, chain drive (Dave from Dam machines) and full bearings. He jumps over 25'. He was out of commision the day we did the filming. The master link on the chain came apart and I didn't have a spare. He is VERY fast...... almost too fast to control in a small area.

A friend of mine did the filming and video editing. He has just purchased 3 digital video cameras and wants to go out and film more Ricky. Look for Radio Shack Ricky's Big Jump II coming soon. My 7 cell Ricky will be doing the jumping.

Not to worry Zenmaster.......Ricky lived to ride again!LOL

Dez82. I will post some still pics that I have of him jumping over me.

Thanks dave...
Old Jan 08, 2008, 10:01 PM
Santa Monica, Ca.
Joined Mar 2006
166 Posts
Very kewl...!!!!
jloc is offline Find More Posts by jloc
Old Jan 08, 2008, 10:36 PM
Joined Nov 2007
50 Posts
ricky rules!

are you running stock gearing? how long have you been running the 19t epic and any problems with the gyro?

definitely wanna see big jump II!!!!
Old Jan 08, 2008, 10:44 PM
Georgetown Ont. Canada
Joined Oct 2007
144 Posts
Ricky Carmichael Hop up parts

Hey Guy's: I forgot to mention. If you are looking for great deals on bearings for your RC vehicles look this guy up on e**y.

Bob Hill. Bearing bargains. He has every size you could ever want...and then some! Super guy to deal with. Tell him davcatsat sent ya!

Dave from dam machines is a great guy too if you need any Ricky hop ups.

dave...
Old Jan 09, 2008, 12:19 AM
Georgetown Ont. Canada
Joined Oct 2007
144 Posts
Ricky Carmichael

gogglespeasano: Stock gearing, Chain drive from Dam machines.(very nice kit, A must have with stronger motor, metal swingarm he makes is a good idea too)

I have at least 10, 7 cell packs through Ricky by now. Tore up the big gear in the gyro that has the main shaft/small pin through it. (second battery) I took out the pin, slotted the shaft with my dremel and cut a small piece out of a stainless breadknife blade. No problems since. I think it is very important to change the bushings to bearings in the gyro. I also lightened up the shoes in the gyro by drilling a hole in the web of the shoe. He will pull a wheelie if you let off the throttle then pin it again. It is very cool to see the 7 cell Ricky rip around but the stock motor Ricky is more fun. Easier to control, more reliable, longer runtimes. Jumps higher but not longer than the 7 cell. It is one of those things where you can go to far.

A stock motor Ricky with a good radio, esc ,fullbearings, chain drive ,steering mod, Revo shock is a lot of fun....the gyro will last longer too. I think untill someone comes up with a gyro kit, the brushless motors, 7 cells and Lipo's are just going to tear Ricky up. He then becomes a shelf queen. He is no fun then. I think that was Antonio's thinking when he built the ARX-540. He took the Ricky's as far as he could but the gyro was the weak link. That ARX looks very well built. No problem with big power. You got to give Antonio a big hand for designing, manufacturing and marketing the ARX, that was quite the undertaking.

dave...
Old Jan 09, 2008, 11:49 AM
The Great White North
Joined Apr 2007
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davcat
gogglespeasano: Stock gearing, Chain drive from Dam machines.(very nice kit, A must have with stronger motor, metal swingarm he makes is a good idea too)

I have at least 10, 7 cell packs through Ricky by now. Tore up the big gear in the gyro that has the main shaft/small pin through it. (second battery) I took out the pin, slotted the shaft with my dremel and cut a small piece out of a stainless breadknife blade. No problems since. I think it is very important to change the bushings to bearings in the gyro. I also lightened up the shoes in the gyro by drilling a hole in the web of the shoe. He will pull a wheelie if you let off the throttle then pin it again. It is very cool to see the 7 cell Ricky rip around but the stock motor Ricky is more fun. Easier to control, more reliable, longer runtimes. Jumps higher but not longer than the 7 cell. It is one of those things where you can go to far.

A stock motor Ricky with a good radio, esc ,fullbearings, chain drive ,steering mod, Revo shock is a lot of fun....the gyro will last longer too. I think untill someone comes up with a gyro kit, the brushless motors, 7 cells and Lipo's are just going to tear Ricky up. He then becomes a shelf queen. He is no fun then. I think that was Antonio's thinking when he built the ARX-540. He took the Ricky's as far as he could but the gyro was the weak link. That ARX looks very well built. No problem with big power. You got to give Antonio a big hand for designing, manufacturing and marketing the ARX, that was quite the undertaking.

dave...
So then adding the changes you mentioned and then say the ARX rear wheel you would have a "reckless ricky" ride , cool .
zenmasterzoso is offline Find More Posts by zenmasterzoso
Old Jan 09, 2008, 01:20 PM
Georgetown Ont. Canada
Joined Oct 2007
144 Posts
Ricky Carmichael

Hello everyone. Here are a couple of pics of my Ricky's in action. That is my son Ben, he is the driver in the video.

dave...
Old Jan 09, 2008, 01:27 PM
Georgetown Ont. Canada
Joined Oct 2007
144 Posts
For some reason the pics did not show. Here is another try.
Old Jan 09, 2008, 02:06 PM
Joined Nov 2007
50 Posts
nice lineup davcat. i'm jealous! i only have 1 and i don't think the boss will let me get any more.

I've done the bearing switch and revo shock mod and definitely planning on upgrading to aluminum swingarm and chain drive.

what do you think of the usd fork vs. stock? I took my stock forks apart and added a stiffer spring which seems to be an improvement.

hopefully dave at dammachines can come up with a rear wheel design soon, antonio's rear wheel is a little spendy for me at the current exchange rates.

thanks for the info.