HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by justerik, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 07, 2008, 07:45 PM
USA, VA, Central
Joined Oct 2006
412 Posts
Trader Rating: 35
Sold
Laser Cut Clancy Speedy Bee Short Kit With Full Plans - $88 shipped (CONUS)

This is a short kit (just laser cut pieces, no sticks or sheets) for the Clancy Aviation Speedy Bee. A bit of searching here on RCG turned up this pic from SKYPILEIT. Beautiful job, Sir. I love that pilot!

The specs per RCM:
40" span, 475 sq. in., .09-.26 glow/turbo 10 electric motor, 4 ch., built-up balsa and plywood. Three sheets 22-1/2" x 40-5/8", 22-1/2" x 42-5/8", 22-1/2" x 46-5/8",
Issue: RCM 7-96

Iíve been sitting on this thing for over a year now, and Iím not sure Iíll ever get to it. I bought the plans from RCM for about $28 and the short kit cost me about $60 after paying for shipping both ways. Iím just looking to get back what Iíve got into it.

Hereís the kit and plans.

And here is the receipt from the laser cutter attached to the parts exactly as I unpacked them over a year ago.

For anyone unfamiliar with the plane, Andy Clancy's series of ďBeesĒ are highly regarded as nimble yet gentle and just quirky enough to turn heads and cause spontaneous grins from onlookers. Sadly, the kits have been out of production for several years and the ARFS that replaced them never quite lived up to the reputation of the kits.

I realize $88 is a lot for a kit this size, and if no one is interested, Iíll be happy to keep it in my stash. But if someone happens to be looking for this particular bird, this is a pretty rare opportunity to snatch one up.

Thanks for looking!

Erik
justerik is offline Find More Posts by justerik
Last edited by justerik; Jan 08, 2008 at 07:22 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2008, 09:08 AM
martinsville indiana
Joined Dec 2007
530 Posts
Trader Rating: 25
hi

what your very low price on this speedy bee kit and shipping to 46151
thechannelmast is offline Find More Posts by thechannelmast
Old Feb 03, 2008, 10:47 AM
USA, VA, Central
Joined Oct 2006
412 Posts
Trader Rating: 35
Sorry thechannelmast, but I ended up selling this on another site and forgot to close this thread.
justerik is offline Find More Posts by justerik
Closed Thread