HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 07, 2008, 03:41 PM
Joined Dec 2007
297 Posts
Discussion
Belt CP Jesus Bolt size?

Anyone know the actual size of this "bolt"? The manual doesn't say. Whats the exact size hex driver that it takes?
surgicalCFe is offline Find More Posts by surgicalCFe
Last edited by surgicalCFe; Jan 07, 2008 at 04:25 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 08, 2008, 12:22 PM
Joined Jan 2008
16 Posts
5.5mm on main blades and 3.5 everywear else im possitive on main blades and pretty sure on others you will find the box spanner set from buzzflyer does both and there only 7.99
bad mr frosty is offline Find More Posts by bad mr frosty
Old Jan 08, 2008, 04:09 PM
Joined Dec 2007
297 Posts
There are quite a few nuts that use a 1.5mm hex driver actually, including the Jesus bolt. Thanks for the info though.
Old Jan 08, 2008, 05:21 PM
My planes have left thrust :s
United Kingdom, St Albans
Joined Sep 2005
1,849 Posts
is the jesus bolt the hex head one holding the shaft to the autorotation gear and holding the main bit of the rotor head on the shaft?
vanepico is offline Find More Posts by vanepico
Old Jan 09, 2008, 04:32 PM
Joined Dec 2007
297 Posts
Right, the one at the bottom actually has a nut on the opposite side which I used some needle nose pliers to hold onto while I unscrewed the bolt.

The other bolt that needs to be removed is the one on the collar that rides on the upper bearing (below the swash plate). This isn't really a bolt but a grub screw to hold the collar in place which also further stabilizes the main shaft.

Once the above has bee done you can pull out the shaft with the head intact and still attached. If you want to remove the head from the shaft simply remove the upper collar that has the small shafts hanging off of it. Remove the grub screw, slide the collar out of the way, and poke out the pin with your 1.5mm hex driver/allen wrench. Whatever you do, make sure to place the loose parts in a safe place, its not fun crawling around on the carpet looking for an almost microscopic grub screw, believe me.