Old Apr 28, 2010, 06:29 PM
Just fly it!
Cody, WY
Joined Nov 2007
6,915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixty9mustang View Post
Hey Adam,
I finally knocked that wing off of the Monkey, so now I can glue it on right side up, LOL !

Come on up and visit!
Chip
I think the wing just got warped while covering. I took a wing and put it on upside down and there is absolutely no way we put it on upside down. It absolutely will not come even close to fitting upside down.

Adam
wyowindworks is offline Find More Posts by wyowindworks
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 28, 2010, 11:09 PM
slopaholic
United States, AZ, Oracle
Joined Feb 2007
603 Posts
Chip I'm in!! Just pending there to be some kind of wind that day I guess, tho if not I spoze we could do some electric. I'll get with you about when to meet at your house. I'll get going early in the morning and have planes packed the night before. My topper won't be here for 2 weeks, so I'll have a limited arsenal

road trip ho!!
me
jnjloo is offline Find More Posts by jnjloo
Old Apr 29, 2010, 06:36 AM
Surf's up!!
United States, Mt, East Helena
Joined Oct 2005
1,453 Posts
Good employee needs new job!

Hey guys, I am in need of a new job, will do just about anything. If anyone knows of something in or around the Helena Area, please let me know.

I am still working, but I need out quick. Getting too much to bear anymore.

Thanks
Chip
sixty9mustang is online now Find More Posts by sixty9mustang
Old Apr 29, 2010, 10:20 PM
United States, Mt, Belgrade
Joined Feb 2010
534 Posts
Done......til the next time!

Chip.....Tracy,
Finally got my Lotus tail feather's repaired and rebalanced.....ready to fly again. Also replaced the stripped servo in my Saito wing, and it too is ready to fly. Hopefully sooner than later.
Chip, truly wish I could help you out with a job offer or suggestion, but I know little or nothing of the job market in the Helena area. Will certainly remember to pray for that need.
Was looking through my old photo album of past trips to Table Top, and thought I'd post a few scenic shot taken while on top. Hope all who take a look at them will enjoy them.
Blessings!
Arlen
Paradise MT is offline Find More Posts by Paradise MT
Old Apr 29, 2010, 10:24 PM
Just fly it!
Cody, WY
Joined Nov 2007
6,915 Posts
Quote:
Hey guys, I am in need of a new job, will do just about anything. If anyone knows of something in or around the Helena Area, please let me know.

I am still working, but I need out quick. Getting too much to bear anymore.

Thanks
Chip
Too bad you live so far away. I'd put you to work.

I hope and pray that you find something.

Adam
wyowindworks is offline Find More Posts by wyowindworks
Old Apr 30, 2010, 06:03 AM
Surf's up!!
Joined Oct 2005
1,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyowindworks View Post
Too bad you live so far away. I'd put you to work.

I hope and pray that you find something.

Adam
Thanks Adam, I think if would be fun to work with/for you.

Quote:
Chip, truly wish I could help you out with a job offer or suggestion, but I know little or nothing of the job market in the Helena area. Will certainly remember to pray for that need.
Was looking through my old photo album of past trips to Table Top, and thought I'd post a few scenic shot taken while on top. Hope all who take a look at them will enjoy them.
Blessings!
Arlen
Thank You also Arlen, I really appreciate all the thoughts and hope. Those pictures you posted are very nice, one thing I love about Montana are the beautiful sunrises and sunsets.

Thanks guys
Chip
Old Apr 30, 2010, 07:54 AM
slopaholic
Joined Feb 2007
603 Posts
Arlen, those are wonderful pictures!! Wow

Chip, I also wish I knew something of the job market in Helena (or great falls for that matter). I'm sorry things have gotten that bad. I sure hope you find something if that's the best course of action....... No doubt someone would certainly be losing/gaining a great employee.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 02:49 PM
Surf's up!!
Joined Oct 2005
1,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnjloo View Post
Arlen, those are wonderful pictures!! Wow

Chip, I also wish I knew something of the job market in Helena (or great falls for that matter). I'm sorry things have gotten that bad. I sure hope you find something if that's the best course of action....... No doubt someone would certainly be losing/gaining a great employee.
Thanks Dan, it sure means a lot to me. Have been thinking about going and applying McD's and flipping burgers, .......
Old May 02, 2010, 08:14 PM
slopaholic
Joined Feb 2007
603 Posts
Going flying up at 3 forks tomorrow? Anyone able to come with chip and myself? I plan on being at chip's (in helena) about 9am tomorrow (monday). proceed from there to the flying site (running on baber time most probably ) Not sure what time that puts us there, but we'll be there eventually.......
Old May 02, 2010, 09:18 PM
Surf's up!!
Joined Oct 2005
1,453 Posts
Quote:
Going flying up at 3 forks tomorrow? Anyone able to come with chip and myself? I plan on being at chip's (in helena) about 9am tomorrow (monday). proceed from there to the flying site (running on baber time most probably ) Not sure what time that puts us there, but we'll be there eventually.......
LOL! Baber time. not to be confused with metric time. We should be there between sunrise and sunset if that helps! I mean about 10:30-11:00 depending on how Grandpa Looby drives,! LOL!

Chip
Old May 02, 2010, 09:29 PM
Joined Feb 2010
534 Posts
Quote:
For what it's worth.....my "wind forecast website" is calling for pretty much S/SW winds at 10-12 knots, and lower 30's temperature most of the day for the 3 Forks area. As Chip knows, that will force you to fly on the least desirable site there. However, if the wind is from the ground up, it will provide some pretty decent flying.....if you don't freeze your face off....

Truly wish I could join you guys, but my Monday is already filled with busyness. Enjoy the day, and please drive safely, and remember "pack in / pack out."
Blessings to you guys!
Arlen
Old May 02, 2010, 10:46 PM
slopaholic
Joined Feb 2007
603 Posts
this is what I found for the three forks area, though it's actually for belgrade...... sounds like alot of wind. I'm bringing a range of planes just in case. Wish I could have met you, but will later I"m sure Arlen. Will surely keep things clean, no worries there. I'm bringing my winter coat, facemask, gloves, and my flying mitt (to put the tx in and your hands)...... which means Chip will have shorts and sandals no doubt

between Baber time and Looby driving we might not make it before sunset...... lolol

C'mon Marlowe and Gary, you guys are no doubt too "sick" for work tomorrow

Forecast
Monday
Mostly cloudy. A chance of rain and snow showers in the morning...then a chance of rain showers and a slight chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. Windy. Highs 50 to 60...40 to 50 in the mountains. Southwest winds 10 to 20 mph with gusts to 35 mph...increasing to 20 to 30 mph with gusts to 55 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation 50 percent.
Old May 03, 2010, 06:57 AM
Red Merle ALES
United States, Mt, Helena
Joined Apr 2002
5,337 Posts
Have a great time guys!

I think you could throw your car off the hill today!

Too bad I have a job and have to work today.

Chip, the Lost Foam pod is cured and I'll melt the foam out this morning, results soon but so far so good.

Curtis
Curtis Suter is online now Find More Posts by Curtis Suter
RCG Plus Member
Old May 03, 2010, 06:15 PM
Surf's up!!
Joined Oct 2005
1,453 Posts
Crazy winds @ 3forks!!!!!!!

Hey all,
Dan and I just got back from Table Top outside of Three Forks and OMG, the winds were just rippin. When we got there it was hard to tell direction at first, but settled on them coming from the South/South East. Dan threw his JW off and flew for a bit where I flew last weekend, but the lift was marginal at best, just lots of wind, even though it was hitting the bottom of the hill. So we ventured around the hill to a more south facing side. The lift was smoother, but that wind was howling. When we got there it was registering in the high 40's, on Dan's wind meter. On the South face it picked up to a constant 50+, gusting to 65 and just before we left he was flying in 60+, gusting to 76. Oh yes I got some pictures of it. He buddied up the JW and let me fly for bit, but not much you could do as any time you turned the thing it would blow backwards toward the hill. At one point Dan had the plane level facing into the wind and it was traveling backwards, fun stuff. I haven't done that in a long time. We didn't fly anything other than his JW, just didn't feel comfortable throwing my Spider off the hill in 60+ winds. I really don't have a way to ballast it. So I guess I will have to build the SR-7 or find a plane that I can ballast the crap out of, in case we encounter this again.

After that we headed into Three Forks and had a decent lunch at the 3-4ks restaurant. Nice little place. Can't wait to fly this hill with a north wind and well maybe not quite so much wind. I would really like to see this place on a 20-30 mph day.

Well not much else to tell, other than I had a great time, thanks Dan.

Chip
Old May 04, 2010, 01:24 PM
Joined Feb 2010
534 Posts
Been There....Done That!

Quote:
When we got there it was registering in the high 40's, on Dan's wind meter. On the South face it picked up to a constant 50+, gusting to 65 and just before we left he was flying in 60+, gusting to 76.
Chip
Chip and Dan,
I've lost count of how many times that very thing has happened to myself and my brothers. You'd think that we'd just pack up and leave right away, but there's something so special about being out slope soaring with good company that you're willing to stay there and take the brutal punishment those hurricane force winds are so willing to hand out. Even though the flying in those kinds of winds are minimal at best, I would say that all in all it's worth just being there! One thing's for sure, and that is that we can't complain about there being NO wind! Thanks for the report and sharing the pictures!
Blessings!
Arlen