HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 10, 2008, 08:48 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,596 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indy cv-62
Hey guys, I was snooping around on Ebay and found some interesting kits. I don't have the extra bucks right now or I would pick up at least one these. I thought I would pass these along just in case one of you are in the market for a cool vintage plane.

http://cgi.ebay.com/RC-AIRPLANE-KIT-...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/JADE-Shogun-RC-S...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/JADE-Impulse-RC-...QQcmdZViewItem

Mark
Someone got a SMOKIN' deal on the DCU Super Dragonfly ($66). Anyone we know? I should've sniped it.

Doubletap
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2008, 08:58 PM
Salida, CO.
Joined Oct 2004
715 Posts
Got an hour of semi-lightwind DS'ing today with my Bat here in Missoula. Conditions were so-so but man was that warm breeze nice (if you can call 45-50 warm). Had the Blade and Bird packed up for the move to Salida so never got really hauling on the hill. Stayed light until about 5:45 today YeaHaw!
Chris
chris country is offline Find More Posts by chris country
Old Feb 10, 2008, 09:43 PM
Laughs at his own jokes.
Missoula, Montana, United States
Joined Feb 2002
1,168 Posts
I went skiing today at Blacktail with my daughter.

Fast downhill skiing on an open well groomed hill is about as close to flying as you can get without wings.

The ski hill there faces north and there was a strong wind blowing fog in from the south at 25-30mph. You could see the shear layer at the top and feel it when the ski lift took you through it. The wind was blowing upslope on the backside at about 15. Too many trees to DS that particular hill but there's got to be someplace around here where we can blow up some planes.

Roy
IwantaJet is offline Find More Posts by IwantaJet
Old Feb 10, 2008, 10:06 PM
slopaholic
United States, AZ, Oracle
Joined Feb 2007
603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris country
Got an hour of semi-lightwind DS'ing today with my Bat here in Missoula. Conditions were so-so but man was that warm breeze nice (if you can call 45-50 warm). Had the Blade and Bird packed up for the move to Salida so never got really hauling on the hill. Stayed light until about 5:45 today YeaHaw!
Chris
Chris,
Good for you!! Sounds like you decided to keep the bird! I hope you have fun with it, and have a good time at your new location!

Was thinking of you when I maidened my fresh LJ60, as I hear they're kinda DS material, but I just know I'd blow it into pieces if I tried it

dan
jnjloo is offline Find More Posts by jnjloo
Old Feb 10, 2008, 11:43 PM
Surf's up!!
United States, Mt, East Helena
Joined Oct 2005
1,445 Posts
added pictures

Hey guys Looks likeeveryone else got to go out today. Still not warm here (probably inversion layer ) Anyway the wife is sick, so I just stayed home and did some scratch building. Have a wing from a 60 inch SOS that I got from a kid back in 1990. The fuselage that he built was not usable, but he did give me the plans, SOOOOO, I am building a new fuse fot it. Has been fun so far. Here are som pics.
Pictures are not posting , will try later. When I have gotten a little less frustrated.

OK, I got the pics up and will start a build thread later tonight. Enjoy

Happy Flying
Chip
sixty9mustang is offline Find More Posts by sixty9mustang
Last edited by sixty9mustang; Feb 11, 2008 at 09:24 PM.
Old Feb 11, 2008, 07:31 PM
Salida, CO.
Joined Oct 2004
715 Posts
Dan, your LJ looks sweet! If you ever get up this way, drop Roy (Iwantajet) a pm and have him show you the way to the shelf up on Mt. Sentinel...I can assure you your plane will survive the day. It's the friendliest DS spot ever...so friendly a caveman could fly it!
Chris
Old Feb 11, 2008, 07:44 PM
Salida, CO.
Joined Oct 2004
715 Posts
I've probably posted these before but here's Mt. Sentinel in all it's glory. Public land right in town and no, you can't drive up it despite the appearance of the jeep trail right up the middle. It's at least a 15 minute vigorous hike but not a single rock, tree, or bush to blow your landing. The backside is extremely smooth most of the time.
Chris
Old Feb 11, 2008, 08:07 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,596 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris country
I've probably posted these before but here's Mt. Sentinel in all it's glory. Public land right in town and no, you can't drive up it despite the appearance of the jeep trail right up the middle. It's at least a 15 minute vigorous hike but not a single rock, tree, or bush to blow your landing. The backside is extremely smooth most of the time.
Chris
...gawd.....that looks fabulous. But how the heck would you carry 10 planes and gear if you can't drive up?

Doubletap
Old Feb 11, 2008, 08:08 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,596 Posts
Chip, SNIPE that SOS...hurry!
Old Feb 11, 2008, 09:03 PM
Billings, Montana
Joined Dec 2006
400 Posts
Nnnoooooo!!!!

Oh the GUILT!
Chip i was sorry to see that you were not the winner of the SOS.
I really hope I didn't cause that to happen. I know these older birds get snapped up on Ebay, but still. I really wasn't exactly helpfull in keeping it hush hush. I spend far more time on Ebay than I should, so if I ever spot another one I will certainly PM you.
indy cv-62 is offline Find More Posts by indy cv-62
Old Feb 11, 2008, 09:38 PM
Surf's up!!
Joined Oct 2005
1,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indy cv-62
Oh the GUILT!
Chip i was sorry to see that you were not the winner of the SOS.
I really hope I didn't cause that to happen. I know these older birds get snapped up on Ebay, but still. I really wasn't exactly helpfull in keeping it hush hush. I spend far more time on Ebay than I should, so if I ever spot another one I will certainly PM you.
Hey Indy
Like I said before no worries. It always seems that other people have more money to spend than I do. I was kind of hoping that it being a wood fuse that it would not draw attention, as most want the fiberglass fuse. It would have been nice to get this one, for the simple reason that the fuse for the 50 and 42 are the same. I could have scratch built the 42 from the plans of the 50. Then I would have had all 3 versions . But some other time some other place.

Wasn't able to get the Quicksilver in the for sale forum either.

Quote:
Chip, SNIPE that SOS...hurry!
Hey DT
Wasn't able to do it . Maybe I will go to the for sale forum and see if anyone has plans for the SOS 42 or 50 and jsut scratch build one. or 2.

But hey everyone if you go back a few posts I was able to post some pics of the 60 inch fuse that I scratch built yesterday. Did more work on it today, but didn't take any pics today. I am going to start abuild thread in the slope forum(after work at about 4:00 am), so look for it. Maybe it will keep me motivated enough to get it done sooner.

Happy FLying
Chip
Old Feb 12, 2008, 04:54 AM
slopaholic
United States, AZ, Oracle
Joined Feb 2007
603 Posts
Chip,
that's alot of work!! You should post a wanted thread in the for sale forum, I get some action that way. Could be that someone has one in thier house they don't think is worth anything. worth a try.

nice looking spot chris, I'll give him a holler when I get up there. We go up for doctor's visits fairly freq, but don't usually have time to mess around much....

after a whopping 5 months on the LJ, now I have to decide whether to finish the boomer or the mini JW, both are about 1/2 done.

will check out your build thread chip, you're leaving me in the dust, alot of fine building going on there

dan
jnjloo is offline Find More Posts by jnjloo
Old Feb 12, 2008, 05:00 AM
Surf's up!!
Joined Oct 2005
1,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnjloo
Chip,
that's alot of work!! You should post a wanted thread in the for sale forum, I get some action that way. Could be that someone has one in thier house they don't think is worth anything. worth a try.

nice looking spot chris, I'll give him a holler when I get up there. We go up for doctor's visits fairly freq, but don't usually have time to mess around much....

after a whopping 5 months on the LJ, now I have to decide whether to finish the boomer or the mini JW, both are about 1/2 done.

will check out your build thread chip, you're leaving me in the dust, alot of fine building going on there

dan
Thanks Dan

Happy flying/building
Chip
Old Feb 12, 2008, 08:39 AM
Great Falls, MT.
Joined Jun 2006
77 Posts
Another weasel Pic

All right Dan, bust out the trainer cord. Will finish up tonight. Maybe it took so long because of the margarita mix bucket in the background.
marlowe is offline Find More Posts by marlowe
Old Feb 12, 2008, 02:30 PM
Surf's up!!
Joined Oct 2005
1,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlowe
All right Dan, bust out the trainer cord. Will finish up tonight. Maybe it took so long because of the margarita mix bucket in the background.
Very Nice Marlowe . This is addicting, so be careful . Now Dan is going to have to take the pictures.LOL
Post pics of the maiden.
Happy FLying
Chip