HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 01, 2008, 02:34 PM
Salida, CO.
Joined Oct 2004
785 Posts
It's got HS-85mg's for ailerons and a single Futaba-3003 for v-tail. I could throw in a digi hitec 5245mg for you torque monsters. 1050mah NiMH battery and Hitec superslim RX. Ballast tube with ballast included. Hmm...what else? I can try to get some picks today.
Chris
chris country is offline Find More Posts by chris country
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2008, 03:16 PM
Laughs at his own jokes.
Missoula, Montana, United States
Joined Feb 2002
1,168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris country
It's got HS-85mg's for ailerons and a single Futaba-3003 for v-tail. I could throw in a digi hitec 5245mg for you torque monsters. 1050mah NiMH battery and Hitec superslim RX. Ballast tube with ballast included. Hmm...what else? I can try to get some picks today.
Chris
I've seen Chris fly this plane and it is a DS monster that flies great and sounds great on the back side. I want it too but just can't do it right now.

Roy
IwantaJet is offline Find More Posts by IwantaJet
Old Feb 01, 2008, 03:36 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
29,102 Posts
Ya know Chris, there's a DSable ridge with a very crunchie friendly LZ outside
of Como CO in South Park, only 65 miles from Salida, they call "King Mountain"
(although it's a bit small by mountain standards), and another one somewhere
nearby there called Mexican Ridge (which as I understand it
is better than King Mountain). King Mountain has drive up access
for most vehicles.

ian
Daemon is offline Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2008, 03:55 PM
Surf's up!!
United States, Mt, East Helena
Joined Oct 2005
1,476 Posts
Quote:
Fellow Montana Slopers,
I've taken a job in Salida,CO. and will be leaving in a few weeks. I flew in to check out the town and it's got flying spots but no landing areas...so, my point is, I'm putting my carbon Bird on the groups soon for sale for $400. I'm hoping to sell it locally and don't want to ship.The airframe alone at soaringusa sells for $429. It is the non-flapped version and will slow down with spoilerons but not as well as I need where I'm going. The fuse is a little rough but the wing is in good shape and this is easily the fastest plane I've ever had (faster than my Blade). If anyone is interested let me know otherwise I'll be putting it on the groups later this next week.
Chris
DON'T DO IT MAN!!! YOU WILL REGRET IT LATER. EVERY PLANE I HAVE SOLD I AM REPLACING NOW. EVEN SOME THAT I FLEW SOME 20 YEARS AGO.

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! THE HORROR OF IT ALL.

CHIP
Who actually wishes he had $400 dollars and a great slope
sixty9mustang is offline Find More Posts by sixty9mustang
Old Feb 01, 2008, 04:03 PM
slopaholic
United States, AZ, Oracle
Joined Feb 2007
603 Posts
I agree man, you should keep it! even if you fly it 2-3 times a year it would be worth keeping!!

dan
(who would settle for a great slope and a credit card )
jnjloo is offline Find More Posts by jnjloo
Old Feb 01, 2008, 05:27 PM
Salida, CO.
Joined Oct 2004
785 Posts
Well, I may keep it...I've found some inspiration in Ian's words. This past years flying has amounted to 2-3 times a week. Missoula has been awesome!
Chris
chris country is offline Find More Posts by chris country
Old Feb 01, 2008, 06:37 PM
Riley Winglow
Belt, Montana
Joined Feb 2007
289 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixty9mustang
Hey Gary
Thanks, I will have to check it out, I know where the ranch house is, will have to stop in there when it gets to be a little better weather. I will let you know what comes of it.

Chip

You bet, Chip. I get to Helena fairly often when the weather is good. Den whom I told you about has a friend that has gone hang glliding at Sieben since I have. He was trying to get ahold of him to see what the permission status has been lately. If I find out anything that way, I'll let you know. Really did like those hills, especially the main one East of the Interstate. The road does require 4WD, but is not far.

Gary
oneniner is offline Find More Posts by oneniner
Old Feb 01, 2008, 11:05 PM
slopaholic
Joined Feb 2007
603 Posts
Quote:
Well, I may keep it...I've found some inspiration in Ian's words. This past years flying has amounted to 2-3 times a week. Missoula has been awesome!
Chris

yeah, keep it for a year or so anyway. That way you can get down to your new location and look around for some slopes. If you can't find any THEN you can sell it if you have too. (or not)

dan
Old Feb 02, 2008, 02:02 AM
Surf's up!!
Joined Oct 2005
1,476 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnjloo
yeah, keep it for a year or so anyway. That way you can get down to your new location and look around for some slopes. If you can't find any THEN you can sell it if you have too. (or not)

dan
Chris
Yeah Keep it for a year or so, so Dan can save some money to buy it . I think he just wants to cuddle with it .

Keep Saving Dan, maybe you can get a new job by then. (Me Too)
Chip
Old Feb 02, 2008, 09:25 AM
slopaholic
Joined Feb 2007
603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixty9mustang
Chris
Yeah Keep it for a year or so, so Dan can save some money to buy it . I think he just wants to cuddle with it .

Keep Saving Dan, maybe you can get a new job by then. (Me Too)
Chip
lolol,
I'd argue, but it's all true
Old Feb 05, 2008, 05:07 PM
Surf's up!!
Joined Oct 2005
1,476 Posts
Getting Warmer!!??

Hey guys
It's fairly nice out today, No wind. I heard next week it is supposed to be in the 40's. Smelling like spring more and more. Besides what does that Puxatawney Phil know anyway..Sheesh 6 more weeks of winter .

Anybody flying??
Chip
Old Feb 05, 2008, 07:16 PM
Riley Winglow
Belt, Montana
Joined Feb 2007
289 Posts
No Wind?

Gee, Chip, No Wind? You must live in Helena! It is 17 gusting 21 here, with snow drifting on the highway.

I do like your optimisim. Spring on the way, the 5th of February.

Gary
Old Feb 06, 2008, 05:58 AM
Surf's up!!
Joined Oct 2005
1,476 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneniner
Gee, Chip, No Wind? You must live in Helena! It is 17 gusting 21 here, with snow drifting on the highway.

I do like your optimisim. Spring on the way, the 5th of February.

Gary
Well someone has got to be hoping for spring, I mean I am still wearing shorts and all . Just after that last post the wind started blowing , but too late to get to the slope . Tis' Helena in February.
Not really optimistic, more of a realist, (you know the glass contains half of it's potential volume/neither 1/2 empty nor 1/2 full) .

Chip
Old Feb 06, 2008, 10:13 AM
Riley Winglow
Belt, Montana
Joined Feb 2007
289 Posts
Warmer

Yeah, sounds like another shot of winter Friday and Saturday, but next week sounds much warmer. Let's hope. I am not ready for shorts yet but would sure like to get outside.

Gary
Old Feb 06, 2008, 11:11 AM
Laughs at his own jokes.
Missoula, Montana, United States
Joined Feb 2002
1,168 Posts
Predicting Montana Weather

In my experience local weather forecasters follow a pattern. On Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday they always forecast appropriate weather for the coming weekend. In winter sports season this nearly always means fresh snow. In hunting season it means cold and snow above 6000'. In summer it means clear and sunny. They nearly always forecast next week's weather to be nicer than this week's. I seriously think they are in collusion with the Tourism Board. As things get closer they get more accurate.

The only forecasts you can trust are the Forest Service Fire forecasts in the summer. They have to be right or people die. They are smart enough to only forecast 8hrs out.

For the best forecast go outside and look up.

Roy

BTW, my LEG Jart is coming along nicely
IwantaJet is offline Find More Posts by IwantaJet