SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 04, 2013, 09:14 PM
Planecrazy
Bozeman Area
Joined Apr 2008
431 Posts
Yeah,
Not sure what time though, depends on when my relief gets here in the A.M.
The guy I share my shift with, (Robert) is good about coming in and relieving me early when I work the day shift, usually 2-3 hours, we kind of reciprocate, he doesn't a 7.5 hour drive like I do. He seems pretty sensitive to that and gets me down the road 2-3 hours before my shift ends, pretty nice. The guys on the opposite rotation don't like being here as it is, so they show up late into the evening an aren't so willing to come in early in the A.M. So I'll head out at least by 6. FF
Freedom Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Freedom Flyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2013, 02:49 PM
Planecrazy
Bozeman Area
Joined Apr 2008
431 Posts
No!!!! Sisters!!!!!!

Not those 2 sisters!!!!! You 2 sisters! I am surprised you girls didn't get your nylons in a bunch and actually got some planes in the air
Old Feb 05, 2013, 03:13 PM
United States, MT, Belgrade
Joined Aug 2010
340 Posts
GuiotsBaby is offline Find More Posts by GuiotsBaby
Last edited by GuiotsBaby; Mar 26, 2013 at 02:15 PM.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 05:13 PM
Planecrazy
Bozeman Area
Joined Apr 2008
431 Posts
Got home at 12:15. Foot was a bit Heavy this morning. Took a nap, heading to Matthews BB game at churchill.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 12:51 PM
United States, Mt, Belgrade
Joined Feb 2010
541 Posts
Project Time

One of my favorite slope soaring gliders is the Art Hobby Hyper 1.5M. As you can see by the attached pictures I've flown it hard and put it to bed wet way too many times. I've broken the fuse off (literally) at least three times, and broke the tail boom off at least once (maybe twice). I've repaired them every time, (as you can see...not very pretty repair), and kept on flying. I've been wanting to replace the entire fuse, tail boom, and tail feathers for a couple years now, and finally got enough $$$ to do so. I contacted Andre` at Art Hobby and the new parts are on the way. I'm thinking the "new look" will be considerably different than the old. Stay tuned
Blessings,
Arlen
Paradise MT is offline Find More Posts by Paradise MT
Old Feb 11, 2013, 01:38 PM
Surf's up!!
United States, Mt, East Helena
Joined Oct 2005
1,473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom Flyer View Post
Got home at 12:15. Foot was a bit Heavy this morning. Took a nap, heading to Matthews BB game at churchill.
Hey Tracy,
and TIO, PMT, Curtis and everyone else

Just a quick note, I got to messing around with the Monkey, simply because I wanted to change it's flight characteristics. As you know it was a bit sensitive on the control input.

I dialed down the ailerons and took the snap flap out and didn't change the throw on the elevator. I think I took half of the throw out of the ailerons Then this last Saturday, Rod and I flew a hill South of us here in where EPP is definately the prefered material of glider to fly there. Winds were 15-20 and lift was average I would say. The changes sure made a difference, now when I launch it resembles a normal launch, stead of squirrel chasing rabbit on a roller coaster, LOL! I still think it could use another 1/4 oz of nose weight, as it just doesn't want to pull out of a dive. But overall a much better and easier plane to fly

Hope to see you all soon on a slope,
Chip
sixty9mustang is online now Find More Posts by sixty9mustang
Old Feb 11, 2013, 02:34 PM
Surf's up!!
Joined Oct 2005
1,473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise MT View Post
One of my favorite slope soaring gliders is the Art Hobby Hyper 1.5M. As you can see by the attached pictures I've flown it hard and put it to bed wet way too many times. I've broken the fuse off (literally) at least three times, and broke the tail boom off at least once (maybe twice). I've repaired them every time, (as you can see...not very pretty repair), and kept on flying. I've been wanting to replace the entire fuse, tail boom, and tail feathers for a couple years now, and finally got enough $$$ to do so. I contacted Andre` at Art Hobby and the new parts are on the way. I'm thinking the "new look" will be considerably different than the old. Stay tuned
Blessings,
Arlen
Hey Arlen,

When you get the new fuse for Hyper, you might want to run some carbon tow or an extra layer of glass inside the fuse, that would sure help keep that fuse in nice shape. I have heard that those fuses are a bit on the thin side. Plus you can trade up for extra strength versus nose weight, that is always a good thing

Hope to see it in the air soon!
Chip
Old Feb 11, 2013, 03:54 PM
United States, MT, Belgrade
Joined Aug 2010
340 Posts
GuiotsBaby is offline Find More Posts by GuiotsBaby
Last edited by GuiotsBaby; Mar 26, 2013 at 02:17 PM.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 04:53 PM
Gone Flyin'
United States, MT, East Helena
Joined Nov 2010
386 Posts
Well my Weasel flew very pitchey to say the least...LOL I'm going to move the balance point forward a bit. I may have too much throw in the elevator...not sure. Here's a video I took, hard to see much though.

GOPR0013 (2 min 24 sec)
Speed37 is online now Find More Posts by Speed37
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 12, 2013, 04:16 PM
United States, Mt, Belgrade
Joined Feb 2010
541 Posts
Suggestions Welcome

Curtis,
I'm sure you've "inspected" the Art Hobby planes and know their small and fragile
fuse structure. I have a brand new fuse and tailboom coming. As you've probably
read, Chip made a couple suggestions for beefing up the fuse a bit. Do you have
any other suggestions for me when I assemble my new components? Any other
suggestions you might have would be welcomed.
Blessings,
Arlen
Paradise MT is offline Find More Posts by Paradise MT
Old Feb 12, 2013, 04:55 PM
United States, Mt, Anaconda
Joined Sep 2006
175 Posts
Hi Arlen,

I'm new to the MT sloper forum, but I have a suggestion for you to beef up the fuse...have you ever tried a carbon fiber sleeve?
I've used Soller composite's CF sleeve and special heat-shrink tubing before with great success. You might want to look into it. Really easy to do.

Good luck!
Jim
jjonas is offline Find More Posts by jjonas
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:20 PM
Red Merle ALES
United States, Mt, Helena
Joined Apr 2002
5,658 Posts
Arlen,
Check out my DVD movie for the carbon sock/sleeve. This may be overkill for your model, it all depends on what your final flying goal is for it and what weight gain you are willing to accept.

Chips idea is a good one too.

Curtis
sent from 76 degrees
Curtis Suter is online now Find More Posts by Curtis Suter
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 13, 2013, 01:34 AM
Surf's up!!
Joined Oct 2005
1,473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed37 View Post
Well my Weasel flew very pitchey to say the least...LOL I'm going to move the balance point forward a bit. I may have too much throw in the elevator...not sure. Here's a video I took, hard to see much though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxZoOlG9WTw
Hey you need one of these, LOL! It's not so pitch sensitive

3,8 M Giga Wiesel sloping. (2 min 5 sec)
Old Feb 13, 2013, 01:36 AM
Surf's up!!
Joined Oct 2005
1,473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjonas View Post
Hi Arlen,

I'm new to the MT sloper forum, but I have a suggestion for you to beef up the fuse...have you ever tried a carbon fiber sleeve?
I've used Soller composite's CF sleeve and special heat-shrink tubing before with great success. You might want to look into it. Really easy to do.

Good luck!
Jim
Hey Jim,

Have you found a good place to fly over there in Anaconda? I still need to get over there, visit dad and go flying with you.

Take care,
Chip
Old Feb 13, 2013, 08:02 AM
Gone Flyin'
United States, MT, East Helena
Joined Nov 2010
386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixty9mustang View Post
Hey you need one of these, LOL! It's not so pitch sensitive
I saw that the other day, it's maiden video was put up the same day we flew. Awesome.

After doing some checking I had about double the throw they are using in the elevator..oops ...
Speed37 is online now Find More Posts by Speed37
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Speed37; Feb 13, 2013 at 08:12 AM.