Joined Aug 2010
340 Posts
Glad to help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise MT View Post
FF.....

Right after I finish eating my first pumpkin pie
PMT,

FF is making the crust this week, and I've ordered a gallon of fresh pumpkin filling. It should be here in time for us to put the pie together before you leave for Haiti. I think we should invite 69M and CloudyIFR down to partake with us. I bet they won't mind bringing the whipped cream!

TIO
GuiotsBaby is offline Find More Posts by GuiotsBaby
Old Jan 02, 2013, 03:32 AM
Planecrazy
Bozeman Area
Joined Apr 2008
432 Posts
My Radian with LEDs, shows up great, I put them in my Gentle Lady also. Looking forward to some summer flying and watching TIO and Arlen put their planes away. Arlen because he has no lights Wayne because....... well, because Man been so long since I've posted almost forgot how to add photos.
Freedom Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Freedom Flyer
Old Jan 02, 2013, 08:23 AM
Red Merle ALES
United States, Mt, Helena
Joined Apr 2002
5,793 Posts
FF that's just way cool! That's past my bedtime in the summer months to find that kind of darkness. ha ha

Curtis
Curtis Suter is offline Find More Posts by Curtis Suter
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 02, 2013, 10:44 AM
Gone Flyin'
United States, MT, East Helena
Joined Nov 2010
390 Posts
Nice, we have had good luck flying the night vapor in the dark. What are your thoughts on the radian?4
Speed37 is offline Find More Posts by Speed37
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 02, 2013, 04:09 PM
United States, MT, Belgrade
Joined Aug 2010
340 Posts
Chicken

GuiotsBaby is offline Find More Posts by GuiotsBaby
Last edited by GuiotsBaby; Mar 26, 2013 at 03:10 PM. Reason: clean up
Old Jan 03, 2013, 02:37 AM
Surf's up!!
United States, Mt, East Helena
Joined Oct 2005
1,476 Posts
Dang I get the stomach flu for a few days and everyone decides to post, sure leave me out of the loop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom Flyer View Post
Arlen,
I would suggest that you replace the Battery in that Cobra, I certainly wouldn't trust it after sitting for 2 years.

Hey Chip, Thanks for the well wishing hope you're doing well, I'm hanging in there, have yet to find a decent slope out here. couple of possibilities but kind of afraid to throw a plane off, would be a heck of a walk down to retrieve if the lift is lost, especially in the summer might be some "Rattlers" on the way down, and up I suppose. Have been doing a bit of powered flight off of skis. Not much fun to do it by yourself. Talk at ya later FF
I was hoping you would find a slope near you, I will hold out hope for you, that one comes along. Best advice I can give about rattlers, is make noise, and listen/look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuiotsBaby View Post
PMT,

FF is making the crust this week, and I've ordered a gallon of fresh pumpkin filling. It should be here in time for us to put the pie together before you leave for Haiti. I think we should invite 69M and CloudyIFR down to partake with us. I bet they won't mind bringing the whipped cream!

TIO
Did I hear someone invite me for some fresh Pumpkin Pie or is it just the dehydration from the flu, causing delirium. Wellllllll, either way, I WIN!

I hope everyone had a more coherent New Year

Chip
P.S. we (Robbie and I) started working on his Christmas present a Mamba EPP flying wing for slope . I will post some pics here soon. Maybe we can sneak in a couple of other builds before spring hits.
sixty9mustang is offline Find More Posts by sixty9mustang
Last edited by sixty9mustang; Jan 03, 2013 at 02:39 AM. Reason: can't spell when I am sick, LOL!
Old Jan 03, 2013, 06:21 AM
Planecrazy
Bozeman Area
Joined Apr 2008
432 Posts
I have a night vapor as well pretty fun in a dark gym, I've flown the Radian multiple times since I've installed the lights, can see it just fine at all altitudes. problem has been the temp, right after I installed them I went out at 2AM (was working nights that rotation) and did a test flight, 4 degrees, my fingers didn't last too long. I actually had a car slow down on the highway and could hear voices yelling about it and what they thought it was, pretty funny! It does show up really well and seems to have enough light when I get close to the ground, of course if you catch it, you don't have to worry about hitting the ground TIO. lots of fun just not so much by yourself.
Freedom Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Freedom Flyer
Old Jan 03, 2013, 09:20 AM
Surf's up!!
Joined Oct 2005
1,476 Posts
Quote:
I have a night vapor as well pretty fun in a dark gym, I've flown the Radian multiple times since I've installed the lights, can see it just fine at all altitudes. problem has been the temp, right after I installed them I went out at 2AM (was working nights that rotation) and did a test flight, 4 degrees, my fingers didn't last too long. I actually had a car slow down on the highway and could hear voices yelling about it and what they thought it was, pretty funny! It does show up really well and seems to have enough light when I get close to the ground, of course if you catch it, you don't have to worry about hitting the ground TIO. lots of fun just not so much by yourself.
Hey Freedom,

Are they hiring where you are at? I could come work with ya, then we could go flying together

Chip
Old Jan 03, 2013, 10:19 AM
Gone Flyin'
Joined Nov 2010
390 Posts
Appreciate the reply,

All we have done is fly out in the yard after dark. I have been wanting to try lighting something larger, think I will.

LOL.... next thing you know there'll be UFO reports.

Take care, Rod.

Quote:
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Speed37; Jan 03, 2013 at 11:01 AM.
Old Jan 03, 2013, 10:37 AM
Gone Flyin'
Joined Nov 2010
390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixty9mustang View Post
Dang I get the stomach flu for a few days and everyone decides to post, sure leave me out of the loop

Chip
P.S. we (Robbie and I) started working on his Christmas present a Mamba EPP flying wing for slope . I will post some pics here soon. Maybe we can sneak in a couple of other builds before spring hits.
Hey sounds good, not about the sick part silly... I had that as well...yuck

I was wondering what combat wing you had gotten. I got the weasel done. Thanks for the help with the "new stuff" sure is the way to go. Decided to go with orange and blue for color. Can't wait to maiden it.

Hope you are feeling better,

Rod.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 03, 2013, 10:51 AM
Surf's up!!
Joined Oct 2005
1,476 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed37 View Post
Hey sounds good, not about the sick part silly... I had that as well...yuck

I was wondering what combat wing you had gotten. I got the weasel done. Thanks for the help with the "new stuff" sure is the way to go. Decided to go with orange and blue for color. Can't wait to maiden it.

Hope you are feeling better,

Rod.
Hey Rod,

Thanks, am doing better, except food still sounds gross. I guess that is my new diet, LOL!

Seriously though, what did you end using for color over the new stuff? Did you use Ultracote? We are trying to figure out a color scheme and what materials we are going to use for Robbie's.

Thanks,
Chip
Old Jan 03, 2013, 11:00 AM
Gone Flyin'
Joined Nov 2010
390 Posts
Yeah I went with the ultracoat. Be careful of your tape hinge. My tape put off some gasses or something when heated. The ultracoat refuses to stick to it.

Rod.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 03, 2013, 11:04 AM
Surf's up!!
Joined Oct 2005
1,476 Posts
Cool Thanks for the info. I think we will keep the scheme pretty minimal, as it is his first sloper Good to know about the tape though.

Chip
Old Jan 03, 2013, 11:14 AM
Gone Flyin'
Joined Nov 2010
390 Posts
Sounds good.
All I ended up doing is a blue stripe on the bottom, 2.5 in. wide and 1/3 of each wing on the top is orange, center white.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Speed37; Jan 03, 2013 at 11:24 AM.