HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:59 PM
United States, MT, Belgrade
Joined Aug 2010
340 Posts
PMT and Ma V

Hey, Arlene:

When did the PE guys learn your true name?

TIO
GuiotsBaby is offline Find More Posts by GuiotsBaby
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:35 PM
United States, Mt, Belgrade
Joined Feb 2010
542 Posts
:-)

TIO,

It looks like one them got it right.
By the way, did you find your new high speed sloper I left on your door step?
All it needs is a receiver

PMT
Paradise MT is offline Find More Posts by Paradise MT
Old Oct 15, 2012, 05:12 PM
Joined Aug 2010
340 Posts
New Sloper

Hey, PMT!

Yes, I did. Thank you very much. It will look good screamin' past your DLG at TT.

BTID,

TIO
Old Oct 15, 2012, 05:58 PM
Red Merle ALES
United States, Mt, Helena
Joined Apr 2002
5,719 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuiotsBaby View Post
Hey, PMT!

Yes, I did. Thank you very much. It will look good screamin' past your DLG at TT.

BTID,

TIO
Perhaps replace screamin' with "slicing through"
Curtis Suter is offline Find More Posts by Curtis Suter
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 15, 2012, 06:05 PM
Surf's up!!
United States, Mt, East Helena
Joined Oct 2005
1,475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise MT View Post
TIO,

It looks like one them got it right.
By the way, did you find your new high speed sloper I left on your door step?
All it needs is a receiver

PMT
Quote:
Hey, PMT!

BTID,

TIO
HAHA! All this secrecy, you would think TT was an airbase for the government, maybe Area 52? Or maybe not

You guys experimenting with alien technology over there in Belgrade?

patiently waiting for wikileaks to expose the Secrets of TT, haha!

Chip
sixty9mustang is offline Find More Posts by sixty9mustang
Old Oct 16, 2012, 03:11 PM
Joined Feb 2010
542 Posts
Laughing!

Curtis, Chip, and TIO

Your "one liners" are cracking me up By way of 'secrecy,' the high speed sloper I referred to is actually that little Kelly that I bought from you Chip. After a hair-raising attempt to launch it with a high start, I decided to pass it on to TIO. He doesn't have any T-tails anyhow I'm actually hoping to slice through it with the DLG I bought from Curtis

Don't know when we'll be able to get back up to TT. We just had a massive rain come through here, and I'm sure the road up to TT is impassable at the moment. We'll wait and watch.
Blessings,
Arlen

P.S. - Perhaps my slicing through that Kelly might look like this:

RC PLANES - HUGE MIDAIR COLLISION ! (0 min 21 sec)
Old Oct 16, 2012, 06:16 PM
Surf's up!!
Joined Oct 2005
1,475 Posts
Snailworks

Quote:
Curtis, Chip, and TIO

Your "one liners" are cracking me up By way of 'secrecy,' the high speed sloper I referred to is actually that little Kelly that I bought from you Chip. After a hair-raising attempt to launch it with a high start, I decided to pass it on to TIO. He doesn't have any T-tails anyhow I'm actually hoping to slice through it with the DLG I bought from Curtis

Don't know when we'll be able to get back up to TT. We just had a massive rain come through here, and I'm sure the road up to TT is impassable at the moment. We'll wait and watch.
Blessings,
Arlen

P.S. - Perhaps my slicing through that Kelly might look like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05CXmPv4ugw
Oh NO! What did I do? Who are these people that I sold my precious Kelly to? All this talk of slicing it up and using it in a aviation demoliltion derby, THE HORROR!! That poor Kelly!

HAHA!

What happened on your high start launch?

I imagine TIO will give it the love it deserves

Still a bit bummed about TT and so miss it, I have a stack of planes that need some good ole' slope loving and no real slopes around these parts.

SO I guess I will await to see what comes out the SNAILWORKS OF Belgrade Can't wait to see what TOP SECRET project one of the Brothers Three comes up with next! TO BE CONTINUED..............

Chip
Old Oct 17, 2012, 01:52 PM
Joined Feb 2010
542 Posts
No Worries!

(Quote) Oh NO! What did I do? Who are these people that I sold my precious Kelly to? All this talk of slicing it up and using it in a aviation demoliltion derby, THE HORROR!! That poor Kelly!
HAHA!
I imagine TIO will give it the love it deserves (Unquote)

No worries Chip!
Just a lot of bantering on this end. I don't remember the exact details, but here's the jest of my Kelly high start launching experience. After I got that little Kelly balanced and ready to fly, I decided to test it's flying capability via a high-start. TIO and I stretched that rubber band out, (turns out way too far). After I let it go, it not only accelerated with great rapidity, but in the process it made several erratic left, then right, then left, then right maneuvers. It was literally all over the atmosphere before it slid off the ring at the apex of it's ascension. If I remember correctly, the G force against the wings was so strong it bent the center joining rod making the rest of this maiden flight even more difficult. By the time the poor little Kelly hit the ground, my quadruple by-pass repaired heart was getting a real workout at about 160 beats-per-minute TIO and I did some field repair, put it back in the box, and I took it home. That was my first and last attempt to fly it.

I have since removed the receiver and put it in the DLG I got from Curtis. Then, one day not too long ago, while TIO was still at work, under the cover of the setting sun, I placed it on his doorstep, and drove away quickly. BTW, based on a previous discussion, he had agreed to receive it as a gift from me So, little Miss Kelly is now in his hangar, and I have taken up a prayer vigil for TIO So, there ya go!
Blessings,
Arlen
Old Oct 17, 2012, 04:07 PM
Joined Aug 2010
340 Posts
Kelly

69M, CLIFR, et al.,

Yeah, I couldn't convince PMT to try it again with a little less tension on the cord. What's up with that? So what if it slams into the ground at 40 MPH or flings itself into the nearest car? It's an "easy fix" either way, right? Either way, you get to practice two things: building/repair skills and pulling $20 bills out of your wallet!

BTID,

TIO
Old Oct 17, 2012, 05:11 PM
Surf's up!!
Joined Oct 2005
1,475 Posts
Quote:
(Quote) Oh NO! What did I do? Who are these people that I sold my precious Kelly to? All this talk of slicing it up and using it in a aviation demoliltion derby, THE HORROR!! That poor Kelly!
HAHA!
I imagine TIO will give it the love it deserves (Unquote)

No worries Chip!
Just a lot of bantering on this end. I don't remember the exact details, but here's the jest of my Kelly high start launching experience. After I got that little Kelly balanced and ready to fly, I decided to test it's flying capability via a high-start. TIO and I stretched that rubber band out, (turns out way too far). After I let it go, it not only accelerated with great rapidity, but in the process it made several erratic left, then right, then left, then right maneuvers. It was literally all over the atmosphere before it slid off the ring at the apex of it's ascension. If I remember correctly, the G force against the wings was so strong it bent the center joining rod making the rest of this maiden flight even more difficult. By the time the poor little Kelly hit the ground, my quadruple by-pass repaired heart was getting a real workout at about 160 beats-per-minute TIO and I did some field repair, put it back in the box, and I took it home. That was my first and last attempt to fly it.

I have since removed the receiver and put it in the DLG I got from Curtis. Then, one day not too long ago, while TIO was still at work, under the cover of the setting sun, I placed it on his doorstep, and drove away quickly. BTW, based on a previous discussion, he had agreed to receive it as a gift from me So, little Miss Kelly is now in his hangar, and I have taken up a prayer vigil for TIO So, there ya go!
Blessings,
Arlen
Quote:
69M, CLIFR, et al.,

Yeah, I couldn't convince PMT to try it again with a little less tension on the cord. What's up with that? So what if it slams into the ground at 40 MPH or flings itself into the nearest car? It's an "easy fix" either way, right? Either way, you get to practice two things: building/repair skills and pulling $20 bills out of your wallet!

BTID,

TIO
HAHA! TIO you crack me up

Arlen, Maybe you just didn't hold your mouth right I wonder how much washout was retained in the wing tips. When I built it, I had to put some washout in the wing tips as the wing was pretty flat. Another possibility is that I had it more nose heavy than you, with your set up it may need the tow hook moved forward a touch bit. Sounds like the way a rearward tow hook set up would act.

I do love your description of the events that happened though. It presented some very amusing mental images, HAHA! I know in real light slope lift, she is really fun to fly. If you guys have any questions on how I had it set up, please do ask.

At least it flew
Chip
Old Oct 18, 2012, 09:34 AM
Joined Aug 2010
340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixty9mustang View Post
HAHA! TIO you crack me up

Arlen, Maybe you just didn't hold your mouth right I wonder how much washout was retained in the wing tips. When I built it, I had to put some washout in the wing tips as the wing was pretty flat. Another possibility is that I had it more nose heavy than you, with your set up it may need the tow hook moved forward a touch bit. Sounds like the way a rearward tow hook set up would act.

I do love your description of the events that happened though. It presented some very amusing mental images, HAHA! I know in real light slope lift, she is really fun to fly. If you guys have any questions on how I had it set up, please do ask.

At least it flew
Chip

Chip,

Not sure if contorting one's facial muscles will help, but I have often observed some fascinating whole-body English try to accomplish what a simple movement of a gimbal stick should do. Whatever it was, it was entertaining for me. I didn't realize how funny PMT could be after such an ordeal with his sweaty face and weak-kneed walk to pick up the plane.

Still smilingly BTID,

TIO
Last edited by GuiotsBaby; Oct 18, 2012 at 09:41 AM.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:24 AM
Joined Feb 2010
542 Posts
Story Time

Greetings All

Now that our first snow has come, and stayed, the actual participation in slope soaring is probably behind us for awhile. So, as I reflect back on this past year and a ridiculously busy summer, it's time to relay a story. Earlier this year, my brother TIO and I took a trip to Williston, ND for the sole purpose of sloping above the Missouri at a particular site that our youngest sibling used to fly back in the 80's. We actually got to fly quite a bit, and pictures were posted earlier on this forum. Anyhow, near the end of our flying in ND, I was making a high speed pass and upward banking turn with my Coyote when the wing exploded in mid-air, dropping it into various pieces on the very steep slope below me. I managed to recover all the parts, and had intentions of salvaging the electronics and tossing the remainder in the round-file. TIO would have none of that kind of talk, so when we got home he totally repaired and rebuilt my Coyote....looking much nicer than before my wreck.

Well, the very first time back out to TT, I made the foolish choice of launching my rebuilt Coyote into the face of a hurricane equivalent wind. Happening faster than I could control, that wind threw my Coyote back over my head behind me, and slammed it into the ground and left rear wheel of TIO's pickup. Destroyed again Again, I was going to salvage and toss, but once again TIO would have none of that talk, and my Coyote went home with him in a bag.

Unbeknownst to me, in cahoots with my bride, TIO has once again repaired and rebuilt my Coyote. I think that thing is in reality a stinking CAT with nine lives!!! Anyhow, after returning from Bible study last night, my door bell rang and there stood TIO with my "brand new" Coyote in hand.....once again looking better than before. So, all of that to explain the attached pictures of TIO's fine craftsmanship, which will have to wait for dryer weather and more gentler winds. THANK YOU TIO for your sacrificial time and labor!
Blessings,
Arlen
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:29 AM
Dean
USA, CO, Littleton
Joined Apr 2005
3,898 Posts
What is TIO's address? I have some "kits" to send for repair!!!
Nice job!
A10FLYR is offline Find More Posts by A10FLYR
Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:27 PM
Surf's up!!
Joined Oct 2005
1,475 Posts
Quote:
Greetings All

Now that our first snow has come, and stayed, the actual participation in slope soaring is probably behind us for awhile. So, as I reflect back on this past year and a ridiculously busy summer, it's time to relay a story. Earlier this year, my brother TIO and I took a trip to Williston, ND for the sole purpose of sloping above the Missouri at a particular site that our youngest sibling used to fly back in the 80's. We actually got to fly quite a bit, and pictures were posted earlier on this forum. Anyhow, near the end of our flying in ND, I was making a high speed pass and upward banking turn with my Coyote when the wing exploded in mid-air, dropping it into various pieces on the very steep slope below me. I managed to recover all the parts, and had intentions of salvaging the electronics and tossing the remainder in the round-file. TIO would have none of that kind of talk, so when we got home he totally repaired and rebuilt my Coyote....looking much nicer than before my wreck.

Well, the very first time back out to TT, I made the foolish choice of launching my rebuilt Coyote into the face of a hurricane equivalent wind. Happening faster than I could control, that wind threw my Coyote back over my head behind me, and slammed it into the ground and left rear wheel of TIO's pickup. Destroyed again Again, I was going to salvage and toss, but once again TIO would have none of that talk, and my Coyote went home with him in a bag.

Unbeknownst to me, in cahoots with my bride, TIO has once again repaired and rebuilt my Coyote. I think that thing is in reality a stinking CAT with nine lives!!! Anyhow, after returning from Bible study last night, my door bell rang and there stood TIO with my "brand new" Coyote in hand.....once again looking better than before. So, all of that to explain the attached pictures of TIO's fine craftsmanship, which will have to wait for dryer weather and more gentler winds. THANK YOU TIO for your sacrificial time and labor!
Blessings,
Arlen
WOW! That turned out really nice! Beautiful job TIO!!!

hehe! I knew about this......It cracks me up that you guys keep these hobby secrets from each other. Even happier that you guys find so much time for each other. Hope to see it fly next spring

Chip
P.S. I hope Brother 3 is doing well
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:04 PM
Red Merle ALES
United States, Mt, Helena
Joined Apr 2002
5,719 Posts
TIO - very nice work! You do amazing things with iron on covering.

ALES - Arlen Loves Electric Soaring
Curtis Suter is offline Find More Posts by Curtis Suter
RCG Plus Member