SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 11, 2012, 01:18 PM
slopaholic
United States, AZ, Oracle
Joined Feb 2007
603 Posts
That's really too bad, I hope it works out and they allow full acess again. There are way too few slopes to be losing some. That's a real shame.

Good luck with it,
Dan
jnjloo is offline Find More Posts by jnjloo
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 12, 2012, 02:39 PM
United States, MT, Belgrade
Joined Aug 2010
340 Posts
Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnjloo View Post
That's really too bad, I hope it works out and they allow full acess again. There are way too few slopes to be losing some. That's a real shame.

Good luck with it,
Dan
Dan,
I spent some time at the Clerk and Recorder's Office the day before yesterday. With some assistance from the staff, I was able to verify that my own research was correct. I did also discover a couple other facts that my be helpful down the road. I'll keep us posted as things develop.

All,

Haven't been flying lately. PMT has been busy with getting his new living quarters in order and preparing for grandkid visits later this month, so I don't anticipate flying with him until into August. (Although his unavailability hasn't stopped me from going out solo before.) The heat is also a factor: the indoor AC is hard to stay away from. Other projects--including a three-day septic tank hand dig for my father-in-law--have contributed to the absence from the air.

I was able to finish the Ridge Runner revision (which actually works much better than I had anticipated) and all the hangar repairs needed from the Williston trip. Now I've got to clean the work bench!

Hope all is well with you all.

BTID,

TIO
GuiotsBaby is offline Find More Posts by GuiotsBaby
Old Jul 12, 2012, 02:45 PM
Red Merle ALES
United States, Mt, Helena
Joined Apr 2002
5,806 Posts
Table Top:
Have you shown the land owner what the AMA insurance policy covers in the case of an incident/accident?

Thanks for all you do.
Curtis
Curtis Suter is online now Find More Posts by Curtis Suter
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 12, 2012, 03:50 PM
Joined Aug 2010
340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudyIFR View Post
Table Top:
Have you shown the land owner what the AMA insurance policy covers in the case of an incident/accident?

Thanks for all you do.
Curtis
CloudyIFR,

Didn't show or talk about the AMA insurance policy per se, but did attach a copy of the AMA safety code/rules to the responsible use agreement, and pointed up the fact that we have always adhered to the main safety concepts included in it. That is a good point, however. I'll need to reference it next time I talk with them.

Glad to do all I can, especially in an era of shrinking liberties.

TIO
Old Aug 01, 2012, 03:08 PM
Joined Aug 2010
340 Posts
General Summer Update

All,

Well, thought I'd put something here to keep the forum active.

It's the first of August already. Haven't flown since PMT and I left North Dakota in June. Sad day. Tried to go with manager of local hobby store yesterday but our schedules clashed.

PMT is away with his kids and grandkids at Clydehurst camp this week, so he's out of the loop until Saturday evening.

FF is doing a marathon session in ND and won't be back in Gallatin Valley until end of next week. He hasn't been home since about July 7.

Saw over a dozen emergency vehicles yesterday rush to a fire on property just adjacent to a slope I occasionally fly on north of our place. Wow. It threatened several crops of standing wheat and barley just to the east. I was thankful they were able to extinguish it before it spread too far.

Headed to Kalispell tomorrow for Montana High School Business Challenge Awards at the Governors' Cup. Should be back Saturday.

Take care all.

BTID,

TIO
Old Aug 05, 2012, 04:12 PM
Joined Aug 2010
340 Posts
Alice wins?

Looks like all the slope interest has gone to the ALES site. Hope to see them back here someday.

TIO
Old Aug 05, 2012, 05:59 PM
Surf's up!!
United States, Mt, East Helena
Joined Oct 2005
1,476 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuiotsBaby View Post
Looks like all the slope interest has gone to the ALES site. Hope to see them back here someday.

TIO
Hope to be able to fly again someday

Chip
sixty9mustang is online now Find More Posts by sixty9mustang
Old Aug 05, 2012, 06:12 PM
Red Merle ALES
Joined Apr 2002
5,806 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixty9mustang View Post
Hope to be able to fly again someday

Chip
Me too!
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 15, 2012, 06:59 PM
Joined Aug 2010
340 Posts
Solo at TT

Hey, Everyone,

Having not flown since PMT and I returned from Williston in early June, I was able to take advantage of the front that moved in last night and drive down to TT for some flying--much to PMT's chagrin. He had some plans and wasn't able to participate, so I went alone.

As I passed a few flags blowing the wrong direction on the way down, I doubted my decision to go. When I passed Logan, however, I observed the wind sock pointing directly to the southeast--a northwesterly!

The dry conditions concerned me as I headed south on Bench Road: I didn't want my catalytic converter or muffler frying any grass when I drove up the hill. Fortunately, on my truck they are both well above any of the grass that inhabits the center of the roads to the top.

I parked on the NW slope and put four planes together. Long story short: I was able to fly all of them in beautiful wind--averaging approximately 15 to 20 MPH with some periods of faster breezes (and all solidly from the bottom to the top of the hill).

Except for slightly catching a wingtip on landing the Ninja during my first "night" flight with the nav lights, all planes are back in the hangar ready for their next outing. What a great evening. I left about 9:30 P.M.

Gotta run to a rehearsal. Hope to fly with you all soon.

ABTID,

TIO
Old Aug 15, 2012, 07:56 PM
Red Merle ALES
Joined Apr 2002
5,806 Posts
Awesome! Wish I could have joined you, is it open for business yet?

Curtis
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 15, 2012, 10:53 PM
Joined Aug 2010
340 Posts
Business Yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudyIFR View Post
Awesome! Wish I could have joined you, is it open for business yet?

Curtis
CloudyIFR,

You would have loved it. The Tinamou (sp?) would have flown very well!

Nothing has changed yet from what I wrote in Post #1695. They gave the three brothers permission and to take limited numbers of guests. I should have called earlier to see if you and 69Mustang could have come down together. We could have met at the bottom and driven up top together.

(I'm sure the locals will still charge up there to do whatever it is that the locals do, including making it difficult for the slopers who have been friends to the place for years.) I can call you or send you a PM to help fill in the gaps if you would like.

My schedule opportunities to fly during the week are almost over. School begins the 29th, and I have been at the school nearly three days a week for the past two weeks with added responsibilities this year. All that to say that solo is better than "no go."

Well, it's nearly 9 P.M. and I have to go home and eat!

Take care, Sir!

BTID,

TIO
Old Aug 16, 2012, 01:03 PM
.....till the wind drops.
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Joined Oct 2006
3,665 Posts
Pretty pictures!!.......as always!.....thanx for posting!!
Sean Oelofse is offline Find More Posts by Sean Oelofse
Old Aug 20, 2012, 10:01 PM
United States, Mt, Belgrade
Joined Feb 2010
548 Posts
Picture Comparison

Greetings Fellow Slopers,

Based on the "almost always wrong weather and wind report," my brother TIO and I decided to spend a few hours sloping at Table Top today. Winds were forecast from the NNE at 5 to 6 knots, very doable for the side we most enjoy flying. So, after a few delays, we took off on this last minute trip.

Imagine our "surprise" and disappointment with the forecast winds that never materialized, and what little did come up, turned off and on, and from every which direction It was HOT, basically windless, and we got very little flying in. On top of that, when we arrived, we found ourselves picking up several discarded beer cans left behind by some obviously foolish and careless people

We also found ourselves amazed and concerned with how EXTREMELY DRY everything is around our flying site. I am posting a couple of picture comparisons for those who are interested. Oh, by the way, the day was not a total loss....TIO and I stopped in Three Forks for a couple of large milkshakes to cool off with on our drive back to Belgrade
Praying for rain!
Arlen
Paradise MT is offline Find More Posts by Paradise MT
Old Aug 26, 2012, 04:03 PM
United States, Mt, Belgrade
Joined Feb 2010
548 Posts
Thoughts

To all my Sloping Friends,
However you express your thoughts and care, they would be much appreciated on behalf of my brother, TIO, who frequents the slopes and this site as often as possible. TIO is a high school teacher in Bozeman, and the school he teaches in had a major fire last night Details can be found here:

http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com...a4bcf887a.html

My thanks in advance
Blessings,
Arlen
Paradise MT is offline Find More Posts by Paradise MT
Old Aug 27, 2012, 10:02 PM
slopaholic
United States, AZ, Oracle
Joined Feb 2007
603 Posts
Ouch, hope there wasn't anyone in there, and everyone's safe.
jnjloo is offline Find More Posts by jnjloo