HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 12, 2012, 06:10 PM
Red Merle ALES
United States, Mt, Helena
Joined Apr 2002
4,949 Posts
Arlen,

I realize it's disheartening when it's not as you expected. But once you get her up and going you'll be so glad you did. Last I heard instructions are being written but aren't completed yet. Email Fred and he'll send you what he has I'm sure.

You beat me to asking for help but I was going to give you my cell number and ask you to call anytime, none of us never know when I'm available, so just call and I'll answer if I am. Work has been slow lately! I'll send you an email with my phone number. Since you have my email we can exchange photos with questions you have and that will help me explain what to do. It'll be easier than you think.

I know you don't want to hear this, but It sounds quite typical of a garage built glider. Actually, it sounds about exactly what the purchaser of my ALES eSupra will have to do.

The motor mount is easy. I have tips for that. The hinges are very easy, it's called tape. There is s specific kind I recommend. The servos in the wing should be easy, but I may need a photo from you. The servos for the rudder/elevator do they go in the tail or up in the nose behind the motor? Either way that's easy to.

We'll just break this down into one step at a time and next thing you know you'll be flying, sooner than you think too!

Curtis
Curtis Suter is online now Find More Posts by Curtis Suter
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 12, 2012, 06:10 PM
Surf's up!!
United States, Mt, East Helena
Joined Oct 2005
1,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise MT View Post
All,

Well, after unpacking my Oracle, I am sitting here extremely disappointed. For a glider that's supposed to be an ARF, it plainly is NOT. I not only did NOT receive ANY instructions, but whenever I get around to working on it, there will be a LOT of additional work needed, which in all honesty are things I simply don't know how to do. I "thought" it would come with the servo mounts already installed in the fuse and wings - they're not. I "thought" it would come with the motor mount installed - it's not. I "thought" it would come with the hinges installed - they're not (in fact no hinge material came with it). I "thought" a lot of other things would be completed - they are not. I can also see that I'm going to have to purchase quite a bit more "stuff" to complete the build, and in light of my current financial situation, that will also slow things up. Because my current living situation does not allow for a work bench or a sufficient work space that I'm going to need, that will further put things on hold. So, for now, I'll simply put it in storage, and plan on using my Radian for the first few ALES events this spring.

Curtis,
I may be e-mailing or calling, or even visiting you for some help with this. As you know, I'm am NOT an 'electric' guy, and so much of what I see that needs to be done on this is well beyond my personal experience or expertise. I hope you're willing to help when I get around to it. It may be awhile.
Blessings!

Arlen
Arlen,

I am sorry to hear you are not as pleased with plane as hoped. When and if you come over to visit Curtis, I can come by also and lend a hand with the finishing steps. We can tag team it and probably get it put together pretty quick. If Curtis is up for it. A little glue and large shake-n-bake bag should get most of it taken care of in a hurry, LOL!

I am sure when it is done you will be quite pleased with it.

Chip
sixty9mustang is offline Find More Posts by sixty9mustang
Last edited by sixty9mustang; Mar 12, 2012 at 06:13 PM. Reason: grammar
Old Mar 12, 2012, 06:13 PM
Red Merle ALES
Joined Apr 2002
4,949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuiotsBaby View Post
FF, Chip, Curtis, et al.,

As I stated in an earlier post, I decided on this from several designs I had thrown together in Photoshop. From there, it was a matter of photocopy, trace, cut, etc.
I hope to maiden it before too long.

BTID,

TIO
WOW! That's gorgeous!

I'd like more detail on how you did the graphics, please...?

Curtis "In Awe" Suter
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 13, 2012, 03:41 PM
United States, Mt, Belgrade
Joined Feb 2010
518 Posts
Hmmm?

Guys (and Gals?),

Just a very short update on my currently delayed project. A couple of my Helena friends have been extremely kind in offering to get my Oracle project off the ground, and I may just take them up on their offer. Thank you so much!

Anyhow, I've attached a few pictures of what I'm facing with this project. I know that I've built and assembled things more difficult than this, but as I told Curtis, my biggest frustration is having no space or workbench to attack this thing, as well as zero instructions sent with this ARF. Hope you find these pix interesting at the very least. Enjoy!
Blessings,

Arlen
Paradise MT is offline Find More Posts by Paradise MT
Old Mar 13, 2012, 04:13 PM
Joined Aug 2010
336 Posts
GuiotsBaby is offline Find More Posts by GuiotsBaby
Last edited by GuiotsBaby; Apr 13, 2012 at 10:07 AM.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 06:00 PM
Surf's up!!
Joined Oct 2005
1,445 Posts
Quote:
Guys (and Gals?),

Just a very short update on my currently delayed project. A couple of my Helena friends have been extremely kind in offering to get my Oracle project off the ground, and I may just take them up on their offer. Thank you so much!

Anyhow, I've attached a few pictures of what I'm facing with this project. I know that I've built and assembled things more difficult than this, but as I told Curtis, my biggest frustration is having no space or workbench to attack this thing, as well as zero instructions sent with this ARF. Hope you find these pix interesting at the very least. Enjoy!
Blessings,

Arlen
Hey Arlen,

From what I can tell, the horizontal mounts on top of the boom (above the slot) with the control arm extending down into the boom attaching to the pushrod. But really not sure how the rudder pushrod will mount, since the pushrod comes out the side and the rudder is above the horizontal. Other than that, it looks like a pretty straight forward build. Oh and that roll of tape is the hinge tape for your surfaces.

I can completely relate to limited work space, a lot of times I use the dining room table, but that is not the best situation. Can lead to clutter and less than excited better half, HAHA! I do think we should have build day here in Helena. If someone can volunteer some workspace I need to get going on my project also. Need some gear for it though.

Well, I hope all is
Chip
Old Mar 13, 2012, 06:02 PM
Surf's up!!
Joined Oct 2005
1,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom Flyer View Post
Well,
Here I am in wonderful south west North Dakota, The wind is blowing a constant 25mph straight out of the west, too bad there isn't a west slope around the job site. If it ever comes directly out of the south west I'll be set. I'll keep you posted. FF
Freedom Flyer,

It sure would make time away from the family go faster if you could find a place to fly. I hope the job is all it's cracked up to be and you are making big bucks.

Post some pictures if you can,

Take care and best of luck to you.
Chip
Old Mar 15, 2012, 09:16 PM
Joined Aug 2010
336 Posts
Last edited by GuiotsBaby; Apr 13, 2012 at 10:11 AM.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 01:48 PM
Joined Feb 2010
518 Posts
Nope

TIO,

Nope - in fact, as I type, it is still sitting on the floor behind the couch where you last saw it There are, however, some plans being made by our friends over in our state capital to get it airborne sooner than I personally planned. Sooooo, you can just sit back and watch it come to fruition

(I'm sure that wasn't me yelling at the refs in Ashville. Although I'm trying to keep in touch with most of the games as they unfold, I'm also trying to keep my mouth shut and not holler at the tv during the games.)

Excited about my 'Alice' plane!!!

PMT
Last edited by Paradise MT; Mar 16, 2012 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Grammar
Old Mar 17, 2012, 08:13 AM
Red Merle ALES
Joined Apr 2002
4,949 Posts
Quote:

There are, however, some plans being made by our friends over in our state capital to get it airborne sooner than I personally planned.

PMT
I heard something about some kind of party coming up soon. I guess we'll have to separate the house by party.

Curtis
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 19, 2012, 12:36 PM
Joined Feb 2010
518 Posts
Sorry and Happy

To all my Helena Slope Soaring and ALES friends,

First of all, I want to apologize for not making it over today. I truly feel bad about having all of you set the whole day aside to help me with my Oracle project, and then not make it over. Truth be known, I was on my way down the interstate toward Helena @7:30 this morning, in the middle of that horrible snow storm, when a phone call caused me to turn around and head back to Bozeman. My daughter, who was not due until next week, gave birth to her first child, (and our new granddaughter), at 9:11 am this morning. Of course I needed to be there............so, I think I have a good excuse - at least this time around

Anyhow, if you are still willing, my schedule is sorta flexible, and I'd like to re-schedule when Curtis can be there. I much appreciate all of your expertise in those areas that I don't have a clue. Let me know if that is doable. Thank you!
Blessings,
Arlen
Old Mar 19, 2012, 12:55 PM
Surf's up!!
Joined Oct 2005
1,445 Posts
Quote:
To all my Helena Slope Soaring and ALES friends,

First of all, I want to apologize for not making it over today. I truly feel bad about having all of you set the whole day aside to help me with my Oracle project, and then not make it over. Truth be known, I was on my way down the interstate toward Helena @7:30 this morning, in the middle of that horrible snow storm, when a phone call caused me to turn around and head back to Bozeman. My daughter, who was not due until next week, gave birth to her first child, (and our new granddaughter), at 9:11 am this morning. Of course I needed to be there............so, I think I have a good excuse - at least this time around

Anyhow, if you are still willing, my schedule is sorta flexible, and I'd like to re-schedule when Curtis can be there. I much appreciate all of your expertise in those areas that I don't have a clue. Let me know if that is doable. Thank you!
Blessings,
Arlen
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well Congratulations to your daughter and her new family and to you and your wife as well!!!! That is awesome news! May I assume that baby and mom are both doing well

Absolutely no apologies necessary, I am surprised you were willing to attempt the drive here this morning. Roads were less than desirable here in East Helena for sure.

I am free to help out whenever you are free to come over Arlen, just let me know and I will be there.

For now have a joyful Monday!
Chip
Old Mar 19, 2012, 10:48 PM
Surf's up!!
Joined Oct 2005
1,445 Posts
Tis that time of year again

Well,

My daughter Mikalae has finished her bridge project for school. Her sister did this last year and her bridge held 57lbs of pressure before it exploded. So we are hoping of course to best that weight. Fun working with balsa and kids

I hope all is well with everyone,
Chip
Old Mar 20, 2012, 01:04 PM
Joined Feb 2010
518 Posts
Granddaughter

Guys (and Gals),

Attached is a picture of why I couldn't make it over to Helena on Monday. It was well worth the detour.
Blessings!

Arlen
Old Mar 20, 2012, 01:49 PM
Joined Aug 2010
336 Posts
Last edited by GuiotsBaby; Apr 13, 2012 at 10:07 AM.