HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by soholingo, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 07:36 AM
BANNED!!!
Laurel, MD
Joined May 2001
12,687 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuchuf View Post
Any F5B in the SE US area??

Terry
There used to be quite a few fliers in the SE US area. Where are you located?
soholingo is offline Find More Posts by soholingo
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 21, 2012, 01:02 PM
Joined Aug 2009
1,325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soholingo View Post
The Atlanta area.

Terry
Chuchuf is online now Find More Posts by Chuchuf
Old Aug 21, 2012, 07:51 PM
BANNED!!!
Laurel, MD
Joined May 2001
12,687 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuchuf View Post
The Atlanta area.

Terry
Do a search for Andy Willets and Yogi. I don't know if they are still flying F5B, but they can put you in contact with those that do...

Jay
Old Aug 22, 2012, 09:12 PM
United States, VA, Manassas
Joined Dec 2007
120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soholingo View Post
SOHO, I am in Manassas, new to hotliners but would like to play.

Brooks
bpbrinson is offline Find More Posts by bpbrinson
Old Aug 22, 2012, 11:13 PM
Greeley, Colorado, USA
Joined Feb 2000
2,864 Posts
Maybe it's time for someone to get an east coast group going again.

Lenny
Lenny970 is offline Find More Posts by Lenny970
Old Aug 23, 2012, 05:52 PM
BANNED!!!
Laurel, MD
Joined May 2001
12,687 Posts
Lenny, its been a few years, I am not even sure what's going on in the F5B world now. What's the hot planes/motors/etc... Well maybe its time for a new thread...
Old Mar 15, 2013, 11:59 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Dec 1999
7,353 Posts
We have the first "practice" for the 2013 for F5B this Sunday March 17 starting about noon at the SEFSD field. I would invite anyone interested to come down and watch and if you have a hotliner or F5B plane to give it a try. The course will be setup and we will have people to coach and assist new pilots.

Also if you have a F5D racer and want to run the course we can do that too.

Steve Neu
sneu is offline Find More Posts by sneu
Old Apr 17, 2013, 02:59 PM
Joined Dec 1999
7,353 Posts
Just a heads up for people that want to fly the F5B course--we have a practice at the SEFSD field this Sunday the 21st starting at noon. It is a good time to bring out the warm/hotliners as well as F5B planes.

The locals will be available to assist new fliers. In addition I will bring down a Avionik with a mild setup for those that want to get a taste of speed but don't have a suitable model.

Steve Neu
Old Apr 29, 2013, 04:17 PM
BiggerBetterFasterMORE!!!
Atlanta Hartsfield, Georgia, United States
Joined Apr 2002
1,046 Posts
Wow......its been a while. I just got back from SEFF, and I miss the speed. I used to be known at SEFF as "fast freddie", now I'm "just freddie". BUT I have vowed to go fast again. I haven't flown anything super fast since the Demon was damaged, and the Surprise got a little mangled. Both are fixable, but I just haven't had the time or inclination. My business is doing well, and that takes a lot of time, so there's been less time to fly. Watched Eric Meyers (owner at Horizon) fly his avionic, and viper at SEFF really got the blood pumping, and I have made a vow to get the Demon going, and maybe another F5D plane, and to address getting my rocketworm flying too. Looking at the forum today for the first time in I don't know how long. DARN....things have CHANGED a lot. I stopped flying a lot right as LIPOS were coming in, and now everything is different. Anyways.....Looking forward to getting back into it. The E-Trinity is first, as it's the closest to being built, and is new. Not really F5, but will be at least a big hotliner with tons of power.

As far as I know, Andy W is out of it even more than I as he wasn't even at SEFF this year. I saw him a couple of months ago at a mutual friends party, and we didn't even talk about F5.

A guy I met at SEFF lives in the Atlanta area, Dave or (Jaguar22 on rcgroups) is into F5B and D, and has a RW4. I'm hoping we might get together some time to fly. Terry, PM me if you like. I need motivation...to get some models going!

~~just freddie
Yogi is offline Find More Posts by Yogi
Old Apr 29, 2013, 04:58 PM
BANNED!!!
Laurel, MD
Joined May 2001
12,687 Posts
Hey Fred, hardly any of the ol' gang is flying F5x. Good to hear you getting the itch...
Old Apr 29, 2013, 05:04 PM
Joined Dec 1999
7,353 Posts
Update--the May practice will be the 19th---anything that resembles a warm liner, hot liner ,F5B or F5D plane is welcome to come play. We will have a BBQ at 11:30 before starting practice session a little after 12pm. Free food!

As before this practice will be at the SEFSD field.

Steve Neu
Old May 13, 2013, 09:57 PM
Joined Dec 1999
7,353 Posts
Less than a week to the next F5B practice at SEFSD in San Diego. Flying will start about noon on Sunday the 19th but get there earlier if you want some free food. Anyone who wants to see what F5B about is welcome----I will have the "rental" Avionik for sample trial flights. We will have the course setup and people to coach those that want some help. Hotliners,warmliners are all welcome to come play---even foam F5D racers are also welcome to come play--we will have people to time laps.

Free food and flying---what could be better??

Steve Neu
Old May 13, 2013, 10:29 PM
Joined May 2003
218 Posts
Sounds Awesome! I'm out of town but dont see why I cant make the next one! I miss you guys but if that isn't enough I have to make it out for the free food! ;o). I
davesieger is offline Find More Posts by davesieger
Old Jun 09, 2013, 07:42 PM
Joined Dec 1999
7,353 Posts
Mark you calendar for next Sunday the 23rd of June for the next in the popular "F5B/D day at the Bay" in San Diego's SEFSD field. As we did last time NeuMotors will provide SubWay sandwiches and drinks. Also there will be "rentals" available in both entry level speed( 1000 watts) as well as full power (6000+ watts). Food starts at 11:30 with flying starting around noon until everyone has had enough--usually 5:30 or so. Bring your Hotliners,F5B and F5D planes and get a taste of speed!

Steve Neu
Last edited by sneu; Jun 09, 2013 at 10:51 PM.
Old Jun 09, 2013, 07:59 PM
Joined Jul 2004
433 Posts
Sounds like a blast! You know that's Father's Day right?
I may have to tell my Dad to wait until dinner time.
drice is offline Find More Posts by drice