HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 06, 2008, 09:20 AM
United States, IL, Carbondale
Joined Jun 2005
443 Posts
Discussion
BCP: Can a crash cause sticky collective?

Hi y'all,

I got a BCP a while ago but gave up on it because of getting frustrated trying to learn to fly it. At xmas I bought my son a lama v3 and that got me thinking about flying the BCP again.

So rebalance/level everything + RADD + 1 week of playing in the basement (6x10' space) and I'm hovering! Happy Happy Joy Joy ...

I changed the blades with some new JCS plasti-blades and was practicing hovering last night when I hit the TV stand and it came down.

Nothing seems to have broken but now even on a fresh battery the heli won't lift off with the plasti-blades. I switched back to the woodies and it's now behaving as if there is the sticky collective problem (never had that happen before).

Could the crash have caused the sticky collective problem to happen?

Could I have broken something else in the crash that is the real problem? Everything seems fine (pitch, swashplate, etc ...).

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Berardino
baratta930 is offline Find More Posts by baratta930
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 06, 2008, 09:33 AM
No Dear its not a new one
Joined Nov 2001
2,505 Posts
Maybe a bent feathering shaft causing pitch to pop up and down. Other chance is a stripped servo gear. The plastiblades are great for preventing blade damage, but if there's a hard strike it just moves the damage somewhere else.
hotairflyer is offline Find More Posts by hotairflyer
Old Jan 06, 2008, 09:34 AM
Tennesee
Joined Feb 2007
504 Posts
Yes. I had a minor crash with my KV2 which siezed a bearing in the blade grip. You might look there. Just my $.02.
Gary
vanman2004b is offline Find More Posts by vanman2004b
Old Jan 06, 2008, 06:22 PM
Southeast PA
Joined Oct 2005
2,803 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by baratta930
Could the crash have caused the sticky collective problem to happen?
The sticky fix was to flip the 2 metal washers at the outer points as I remember. Did you take it apart to see if they're on right? Check the bearings? Bent mainshaft and swash movement????

So many parts to break!!
Vario3 is offline Find More Posts by Vario3
Old Jan 06, 2008, 11:04 PM
United States, IL, Carbondale
Joined Jun 2005
443 Posts
ok thanks everyone. I'll tear it down and take a look. Sucks, I was just starting to get better at hovering and small flying in my basement ...

Thnx

Berardino
baratta930 is offline Find More Posts by baratta930