HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 03, 2008, 10:42 PM
Never Stop Building
east tennessee
Joined Jan 2008
10 Posts
Discussion
Are there any rc bike events or tracks in the south east US

im new to rc bikes and was wondering if anyone is having any kind of meet or race in the S.E. US for 1/5 nitro bikes.i live near memphis tennessee.im a huge superbike and moto gp fan and also have a real sportbike collection.the rc motorcycle is both of my passions rolled in one..i would love to attend or compete in some kind of exhibition or race.
echohobbies is offline Find More Posts by echohobbies
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2008, 11:30 PM
I'm hooked on RC Moto
Berkeley
Joined Jun 2006
1,145 Posts
Dude this is the worst part about the bike scene in the states we are all so damn far apart.
But we gotta hang in there. There will be others someday.
stubbyphilips is offline Find More Posts by stubbyphilips
Old Jan 04, 2008, 02:36 AM
Never Stop Building
east tennessee
Joined Jan 2008
10 Posts
yea, im like you "hooked" also.. im selling every rc car and spare plane parts i have all for the cause.
Old Jan 04, 2008, 09:23 AM
Gainesville FL
Joined Dec 2007
25 Posts
I am in Jacksonville FL. Same as you though, not really anybody around to run with.
Scattman is offline Find More Posts by Scattman
Old Jan 04, 2008, 01:13 PM
Never Stop Building
east tennessee
Joined Jan 2008
10 Posts
as soon as some of my riding buddies see my nitro bike i think they will have to have one too.most of them fly rc planes and ride sport bikes as do i and have a general passion for rc..im going to try my best to get them hooked...
Old Jan 04, 2008, 01:29 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,735 Posts
That's the best thing... if you all live in an area that's light on RC bikes, but heavy on RC and /or motorcycles... take your bike to a track or a meet, and sse how many people come up to you and ask questions.... questions first.... purchases second... racing third....

I've always wanted to have an exhibition race at a motorcycle show... I think we may end up setting something up for one of the local shows... but that's always a good idea... or at least bring your bike to a show/ride etc....

That's why I like owning a OTO-Bike and/or a Kyosho HOR... you can take them/run them almost anywhere as long as the battery's charged and you have your radio with you
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
Old Jan 04, 2008, 05:19 PM
Never Stop Building
east tennessee
Joined Jan 2008
10 Posts
yea, i could take the rc bike to a 1/1 bike night..blow some minds and help the lhs get with the program too....
Old Jan 04, 2008, 05:23 PM
Gainesville FL
Joined Dec 2007
25 Posts
Yeah, I took mine to the local HobbyTown USA and a couple of the guys working there were very interested. Said they were gonna order one so we'll see.
Scattman is offline Find More Posts by Scattman
Old Jan 06, 2008, 11:24 PM
STeve B in NC
North Carolina, USA
Joined Sep 2003
7,756 Posts
We used to have a group of 6-7 of us who raced nitro bikes every other Sunday here in Fayetteville, NC. Boy, we always had a blast! But our group kinda fell apart slowly, as folks moved onto other interests. When I first got into r/c bikes I tried taking some of them to the hobby shop, a local r/c track, and the local MC shops, and everyone thought they were cool, but over the space of 3-4 years, only a handful of guys actually bought a bike and came out to our track. When new folks did come out to race, they ended up getting frustrated pretty quickly by the learning curve, even though we all tried to help them. None of them apparently were willing to stick it out long enough to get good at it.

I don't know what it is about r/c bikes. Everyone loves to watch them, but it's like pulling teeth to get anyone to join the club.
mollycbr123 is offline Find More Posts by mollycbr123