SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 14, 2011, 01:39 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,362 Posts
Paul,

I don't miss the German winters. And just to rub it in, it's sunny and 68 right now, and forecasted to be sunny and 71 all weekend!

As for the video, my original intention was to edit out the bad landings and just have the one with the hand catch. But after looking at the video, I thought it would be funny to leave it in. And that nutball was what made me miss the second one!

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2011, 09:25 PM
J31
Joined Apr 2009
7 Posts
Great little aircraft. I am building one out of 5mm foam board but am finding all the cutting tedious. Need to buy the laser cut ones!

PM for you Pat.
J31 is offline Find More Posts by J31
Old Jan 14, 2011, 09:30 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,362 Posts
Frank,

Check your PM and email.

Pat
Old Jan 15, 2011, 05:03 AM
Check your six
New Jersey
Joined Sep 2002
1,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crxmanpat View Post
Paul,

I don't miss the German winters. And just to rub it in, it's sunny and 68 right now, and forecasted to be sunny and 71 all weekend!

As for the video, my original intention was to edit out the bad landings and just have the one with the hand catch. But after looking at the video, I thought it would be funny to leave it in. And that nutball was what made me miss the second one!

Pat
You are an evil man Pat! I'm in the Northeast freezing my tail off and you're talking about nice balmy weather! Well I never! Marty
martys is offline Find More Posts by martys
Old Jan 15, 2011, 08:20 AM
Philippines, NCR, Makati City
Joined Dec 2004
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by martys View Post
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Feel better now? Confession is good for the soul you know! marty
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulB View Post
Reading the recent comments on props with interest. My motor looks identical to the 1806N but I got it under the label ECE20 and it came with no KV rating. Anyway I think that it is an 1806N but probably the 2100K version because it was before the 2500K came out (I think). The point is....... I fitted a GWS 5 X 4.3 (5043) 'cos it looked about right, it fitted the slot and it is bendy to stop me having to buy a new one every flight
My Baby tips the scales at 184 Grams 'wet' (with fuel ) and it goes like on that (un-matched???) prop!!!!
If you guys are using APC props U do you need a licence, 'cos here in Germany you have to have one for a deadly weapon
Hi! I'm using GWS 5043 on my ax1806n 2500v motor eversince (I only have a 2s and another 3s before and was too lazy to switch props), Im not sure how many amps it uses with 3s 610mah lipo but I dont stay more than 5secs on full throttle. Im not getting satified whenever I switch back to 5030. Im using 7g servos, HK 15-18amps esc (16g?) on my 5mm foamboard airframe which makes my setup a little heavier than yours.

Could somebody please post your amp results using 5x4.3 props for I dont have a watt meter to measure it? Thanks!
belabs is offline Find More Posts by belabs
Last edited by belabs; Jan 15, 2011 at 08:34 AM.
Old Jan 16, 2011, 10:01 AM
United States, SC, Greer
Joined May 2006
614 Posts
10mph gusts but still fun!

http://aprilkelleyphotography.smugmu...58284613_Cdy6f
superinstaller is offline Find More Posts by superinstaller
Old Jan 16, 2011, 10:24 AM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,362 Posts
Very nice! I love flying mine with a bit on wind on. Makes hovering much easier. My favorite thing is to hover with the top of the plane to the wind and just let the wind carry it down the field.

Pat
Old Jan 16, 2011, 11:15 AM
Novato, CA
Joined Dec 2008
693 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by superinstaller View Post
Looks to me you could be a tad tail heavy, it could be the wind, but it seems even when you turn away from the head wind, it still flies tail heavy. I could be wrong. My wife has told me once or twice I was wrong
AirmanAirhead is offline Find More Posts by AirmanAirhead
Old Jan 16, 2011, 01:13 PM
Check your six
New Jersey
Joined Sep 2002
1,240 Posts
!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirmanAirhead View Post
Looks to me you could be a tad tail heavy, it could be the wind, but it seems even when you turn away from the head wind, it still flies tail heavy. I could be wrong. My wife has told me once or twice I was wrong
Yeah my wife told me I was wrong once too. I told her I thought I was mistaken, but I was mistaken about being mistaken. You can do that when you are the King. As a matter of fact Boys, when I get up in the morning, I look into the mirror and say these words to myself: I am the King and I can do no wrong! I suggest you Guys practice that! Marty
Old Jan 16, 2011, 05:53 PM
United States, SC, Greer
Joined May 2006
614 Posts
It is set on the boarder of tail for hovering but flies straight as an arrow when cruising, turned out near perfect i guess. The wind was also giving her a workout!
superinstaller is offline Find More Posts by superinstaller
Old Jan 19, 2011, 08:39 PM
Hampton, VA
Joined Mar 2009
1,285 Posts
Retirement

Okay Gents,

Here's the retirement flight of my Micro F-22 airframe. She's had at least 3 new noses, popped control horns, and a complete new front end. It's time has come. Need the electronic for another project. Specs:

14.2" WS at 81g AUW
HK 1811 2000Kv 10g motor
Turnigy Plush 6A ESC
TP 250mAh 3S 20C bat
BA 3.6g Servos
GWS 4025 prop

Here's the video. It's a bit long, but I'll posted an edited version later tonight. Lots of High AOA.

Retirement Flight.MOV (7 min 45 sec)

Crxmanpat,

Yes, I'm at it again, it's the best time to fly. My vision at dusk just seems to be exceptional. Next '22 will be 16"-17" WS, with an 1806N motor. Enjoy

Ksqm
ksqm is offline Find More Posts by ksqm
Old Jan 19, 2011, 08:53 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,362 Posts
No wonder she's taken a beating. Look at all those obstacles! Trees, houses, lightpoles, people with garbage cans!

Nice flying. I do a lot of flying around dusk too, so I know how it is.

Pat
Old Jan 19, 2011, 09:15 PM
Hampton, VA
Joined Mar 2009
1,285 Posts
What can I say. I fly when and where I can. Temps have been BRUTAL here, too cold to fly. Today it was in the 50's with almost no breeze, I just had to go for it. By the way, how do you learn to fly around obstacles, without flying around obstacles?

Ksqm
ksqm is offline Find More Posts by ksqm
Old Jan 29, 2011, 08:08 PM
MultiCopterPilot & Film Maker
United States, CA, San Ramon
Joined Oct 2002
2,545 Posts
I can't believe I haven't posted / shared my Mini F-22's videos:
Tomhe 65% F-22 Raptor - Fun with Thrust Vectoring (4 min 11 sec)

First Flight: Tomhe F-22 Raptor 65% Scale (4 min 39 sec)
crazyj is offline Find More Posts by crazyj
Old Jan 29, 2011, 11:18 PM
Check your six
New Jersey
Joined Sep 2002
1,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyj View Post
I can't believe I haven't posted / shared my Mini F-22's videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVCMCmYwIMM&hd=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=su2mD8T2NdM
That is one butt kicking, awesome demonstration of crazy flying! What a video! Just reinforces the fact that this is a great design and very versatile. PS I think your pilot threw up several times! Marty