HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 26, 2010, 08:45 PM
Check your six
New Jersey
Joined Sep 2002
1,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulB View Post
Don't tell the wife but I am in love with my F22!!!!!!
Put the new packs in today (after I made a new hatch 'cos they are 3 mm too tall!!!) 3 cell 800 mAh 30C fast charge and she rocked
From around 3/4 throttle to full does not make her any faster until you pull the nose up to vertical and open the tap, I swear she accelerates going vertically up-wards to faster than she goes straight and level!! Half throttle, pull full up punching the throttle for-wards and she flips on the spot. 3/4 throttle, chop to zero, full up and watch her just stop in the air sitting vertical, open the tap, push the nose down and accelerate like a rocket, now that is what I call a Cobra!!
We have the same guy in our club that ever club has, full of and talks . When he tipped up today I was hammering around doing some low high speed passed and rolling climb outs and trying to see how big I could get my loops ( HUGE). I heard him mention that he knew my model because he had thought of ordering one from China (????) he even knew the manufacturer but he had not ordered one because he preferred to build kits and not buy ready built stuff
No one corrected him because no one listens to him (you know the guy, right??) anyway, he took off with his foam RTF Extra (small and light) and there were then 4 of us flying so to be polite and for safety I said 'so, I am going to slowly come in to land' he said 'slowly, that is relative, make sure that you keep out so that you don't overshoot and hit us (the wind was coming slightly toward us) because I need to land too'. Now, I had called a landing so etiquette dictates that I come in first, right?? So, I set up the approach, got the nose up and squeezed the power back on to float down the patch and was about 4 feet up when head comes in over the top, going faster than I was to stall and cartwheel between the pilots!!! My Baby gently dropped onto the grass right in front of my feet with virtually no forward speed. One of the guys flying said 'you need a slow reliable model to learn to land, ask Paul if he will build you one the same as he is flying'
He did explain (to everyone several times) that he had turbulence when he came in
Thing is how many other designs have the speed envelope that this one does and mine is a bit heavy at 174 Grams??
Once again, THANK YOU for a great design, LOVIN' IT!!
That's the kinda Guy you watch out for. Excuse maker and backstabber. There's one in every club! His landings are more like controlled crashes. Turbulence my aching ! Marty
martys is offline Find More Posts by martys
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 27, 2010, 05:35 AM
scunthorpe/england
Joined Jan 2008
847 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulB View Post
@ Pat, could you do me a favor and find out how much a decal sheet would cost to Germany???
The ones that I printed are on a foil that is poor quality, at least the adhesive is and they won't stick down properly to the painted foam and I don't want to start coating the areas with contact glue 'cos you always see it.
Cheers.
there is some transfer stuff that is not water slide its rub on, ive been meaning to try it its by Papilio Canvas Transfer ink jet dry transfer sheets, i want to try some on my next 22, get a pic of a real f22 and scale to size and put it on it should look real nice. there is a guy who has used em and they look real good and best of all lighter than paint.

vid of a plane with em on, about the same size as the f22
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeyMwiEK

storys like that make me glad i fly on my own, i think every one knows some one like that tho
foxy29 is offline Find More Posts by foxy29
Old Sep 27, 2010, 03:04 PM
scunthorpe/england
Joined Jan 2008
847 Posts
i see a white screen in the vid, so i posted link again.
The Demise of the 30X-UAV-V1 & How to Make Another (7 min 7 sec)
foxy29 is offline Find More Posts by foxy29
Old Sep 27, 2010, 03:07 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
16,972 Posts
Nice calendar!

Here's a PDF of the decals I use.

Paul, yours are in the mail!

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Sep 28, 2010, 08:45 AM
Halifax, NS
Joined Sep 2009
404 Posts
I've got a couple of the 10g 1811-2000Kv motors and I was thinking of building a 16" WS F-22 (mostly for indoors). Do you think this would work ok on 2S 360/460 if I can keep the AUW at 4oz or less? Not sure which prop would be good?

Karl
karlpenney is offline Find More Posts by karlpenney
Old Sep 28, 2010, 09:23 AM
Hampton, VA
Joined Mar 2009
1,203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlpenney View Post
I've got a couple of the 10g 1811-2000Kv motors and I was thinking of building a 16" WS F-22 (mostly for indoors). Do you think this would work ok on 2S 360/460 if I can keep the AUW at 4oz or less? Not sure which prop would be good?

Karl
Go with a small (250-300) 3 cell and 4025/4030/4040 prop. She'll be docile for indoors and have vert for outdoors. Ask me how I know.

Ksqm
ksqm is offline Find More Posts by ksqm
Old Sep 29, 2010, 02:06 PM
Joined May 2007
30 Posts
Here's my mini F-22 in action. This plane is actually more fun to fly than my 28" version. She's flown in this video by 14 year old Lee, one of the best sailplane pilots in Kentucky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4np-uqU9rv8
llcoolg is offline Find More Posts by llcoolg
Old Sep 29, 2010, 02:18 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
16,972 Posts
Nice flying and great video! Thanks for sharing! Looks like he kept it at half throttle or less for most of the flight. I can't seem to get the stick out of WOT when I fly.

I just built something like plane #12. I'm getting good at it I guess, went from start to maiden (including cammo paint) in less than 4 hours. Wanted to make sure it flew right before adding decals. Just a couple clicks of up and right and it flies great!

A couple weeks ago a friend and I got a bunch of video of some of my kits. We also got some of what we will be calling Pocket Jets as well, which I will have for sale shortly.

Enjoy!

Nico Hobbies at the flying field (5 min 6 sec)

Pat
Old Sep 29, 2010, 07:07 PM
Check your six
New Jersey
Joined Sep 2002
1,240 Posts
You Devil! You went and ruined my night! I'm interested in the Pocket Jets. How many $? Your website has no info. marty
Old Sep 29, 2010, 07:15 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
16,972 Posts
Marty,

Still working on the details. These are basically smaller versions of Steve Shumate's (jetset44) designs using the same power setup as on my regular mini profiles.

I hope to have these for sell within the next month. Got a show all this weekend and then one next Saturday, then it's concentrating on these. Kit pricing will probably be just slightly higher than my current kits.

Pat
Old Sep 29, 2010, 07:55 PM
AMA 743519 Team Heliproz Pilot
United States, WA, Granite Falls
Joined Mar 2006
1,143 Posts
those look cool pat. any plans on a eurofighter? i love my flattie but a built up one would look even better.
drakonis is offline Find More Posts by drakonis
Old Sep 29, 2010, 08:45 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
16,972 Posts
Sorry, a Euro is not in the plans at the moment. But there will be an F-4 Phantom in addition to the F-15, F-18, F-5/T-38 and Saab Gripen.

Pat
Old Sep 29, 2010, 09:14 PM
Check your six
New Jersey
Joined Sep 2002
1,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crxmanpat View Post
Sorry, a Euro is not in the plans at the moment. But there will be an F-4 Phantom in addition to the F-15, F-18, F-5/T-38 and Saab Gripen.

Pat
Bring it on! Marty
Old Sep 29, 2010, 10:17 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
16,972 Posts
So I just pulled out the parts for the F-15. I'm getting excited about building this! Several years ago my wife got me the T-38 from 6mmFlyRC (they are local), and it was my first true foamy build. I did a real hack job on it, but it still flew well. But I was intimidated to do more of Steve's planes.

Now that we are doing the mini's, they should be almost as popular as the bigger ones. I think I'll do the F-15 first, then the F-18 and the F-5. I'll start new build threads for each as I get them done.

Pat
Old Sep 29, 2010, 10:21 PM
AMA 743519 Team Heliproz Pilot
United States, WA, Granite Falls
Joined Mar 2006
1,143 Posts
cool a gripen! anything with canards! cant wait to see.
drakonis is offline Find More Posts by drakonis