HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 21, 2010, 08:39 AM
Check your six
New Jersey
Joined Sep 2002
1,241 Posts
It works

I guarantee you will like them! I use them extensively on all of my models (well almost all!). Marty
martys is offline Find More Posts by martys
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 21, 2010, 08:51 AM
scunthorpe/england
Joined Jan 2008
847 Posts
ive tried these hinges and they work nice with just the plastic packaging type stuff, not tried the floppy disk version yet as i lobbed em out a long time ago, the only downside to them is if you need to re hinge for some reason, i have 3 types of hinge now on my f22, blenderm tape, cellotape and the plastic hinge.

those 850 batts should get you a good long flight my 800mah gets 10 odd and when i first got them was getting 15+ out of them EZ flying half to full power the whole flight. i love my 5c charge rate ones they are done in almost 15mins i just need one of those trailer things for my pushbike and load it up with car batts and a dynamo or 6 lol and just sit at the field all day.
foxy29 is offline Find More Posts by foxy29
Old Sep 22, 2010, 03:51 PM
Jee
Germany, BW, Ulm
Joined Jun 2010
46 Posts
Hi there,

And one more time some feedback from germany:

I'm flying on 3s (500mah) now - without chaning anything else. And it's really more fun

F22 Mini Depron - Now on 3S (4 min 26 sec)

Before on 2s i was flying full throttle most of the time - now it's somewhere a little more then half throttle and full throttle only for steep climbs and so on.

Again (and again) thanks for this great plane.
Jee is offline Find More Posts by Jee
Old Sep 22, 2010, 05:35 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,679 Posts
Nice flying Jee! Yes, it does really come alive on 3S, right? That's the only way I fly!

But you may need to check your prop, it sounds out of balance. That was some weird noise coming from the plane.

MfG,

Pat
crxmanpat is online now Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Sep 23, 2010, 10:36 AM
Shut up and talk to me!!
Manila
Joined Aug 2006
286 Posts
Nice Jee....

What motor and prop did you use?

I burned my 1811-3800 last weekend while experimenting with different props. Anyways I already have the recommended motor but I'm having second thoughts if I have to put on my F22 or on my F15
deanc338 is offline Find More Posts by deanc338
Old Sep 23, 2010, 11:47 AM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,679 Posts
Dean,

Put it on the F-22, it's more fun to fly than the F-15.

Pat
Old Sep 23, 2010, 03:17 PM
Paderborn DE
Joined Oct 2004
1,230 Posts
Read the small print!!!

Got my sexy 30C 5C charge 800 mAh 3 cell packs today
Now I can burn up the sky, well, I could if they fitted
The are nearly cube shaped (I didn't bother looking at the size) and the height is exactly to the top of the opening when the hatch is opened
Pretty much exactly 3mm too high (when Velcro band is fitted)!!!
However, looking at the original it has an ordinance bay (weapons or bombs) so mine is going to get a slightly raised (bet U didn't guess, 3mm) ordinance bay built up onto the hatch
PaulB is offline Find More Posts by PaulB
Old Sep 23, 2010, 08:15 PM
Shut up and talk to me!!
Manila
Joined Aug 2006
286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crxmanpat View Post
Dean,

Put it on the F-22, it's more fun to fly than the F-15.

Pat
Yhea, been thinking about it, I should have ordered two.

I'll maiden the F15 this weekend and transfer the motor to the new F22 airframe built around some 3mm foam. My original F22 is made from 5mm and I managed to bring the AUW to 150g but it still feels heavy. Maybe because the 1811 it has is on its way out. Anyways, I'll give the old one to my nephew who's been asking for it since day 1.

I think the F22 with the 2500 motor, 5x3 or 4.2.5 prop and 3s will scoot like Jee's. It flies fine on 2s with the 1811 though.
deanc338 is offline Find More Posts by deanc338
Old Sep 24, 2010, 11:51 AM
scunthorpe/england
Joined Jan 2008
847 Posts
i gave my old f22 to my nephew as well, we had a right good time lobbing it and shooting it with water guns, he played with it till there was nothing left of it
Old Sep 24, 2010, 01:46 PM
Check your six
New Jersey
Joined Sep 2002
1,241 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxy29 View Post
i gave my old f22 to my nephew as well, we had a right good time lobbing it and shooting it with water guns, he played with it till there was nothing left of it
A sad way to die. Marty
martys is offline Find More Posts by martys
Old Sep 25, 2010, 01:00 PM
scunthorpe/england
Joined Jan 2008
847 Posts
i dont know, he had a good time, it was batterd any how and all the gear went in a new one out of all the planes ive built so far its the only one ive made 2 of and i think i will make many more as it just flies so nice fast or slo,and as long as i fly plan on having one.

still wanna make his big bro tho, looks to fly just as good as the mini, i never thought an f22 which i dont like at all would be my fave plan lol.

deanc338, if you want an insane motor try a 3000kv blue wonder on a 4.5x4.5 pulls about 18amp and took my 9oz wing upto 80 odd mph, ive been dying to put it on mine but bottled it, i think i will do a 6mm one for it as i dont think 3mm will cut it.

o make sure you have 30c capable batts as it killed my 20c 25 burst batts, well one cell anyway, tis now a 2s batt and still as good as new.
Last edited by foxy29; Sep 25, 2010 at 01:05 PM.
Old Sep 25, 2010, 01:12 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,679 Posts
The biggest difference between the mini and his big brother is that the mini is more "agile". Sometimes it throws me off when I fly the bigger one as I expect it to turn around as quick as the mini, but since it's bigger it takes another half second.

But the big one is better in the high alpha as it has more weight to it and can handle the wind better without getting tossed around as much.

Pat
Old Sep 26, 2010, 04:34 PM
Paderborn DE
Joined Oct 2004
1,230 Posts
I'm in love!!

Don't tell the wife but I am in love with my F22!!!!!!
Put the new packs in today (after I made a new hatch 'cos they are 3 mm too tall!!!) 3 cell 800 mAh 30C fast charge and she rocked
From around 3/4 throttle to full does not make her any faster until you pull the nose up to vertical and open the tap, I swear she accelerates going vertically up-wards to faster than she goes straight and level!! Half throttle, pull full up punching the throttle for-wards and she flips on the spot. 3/4 throttle, chop to zero, full up and watch her just stop in the air sitting vertical, open the tap, push the nose down and accelerate like a rocket, now that is what I call a Cobra!!
We have the same guy in our club that ever club has, full of and talks . When he tipped up today I was hammering around doing some low high speed passed and rolling climb outs and trying to see how big I could get my loops ( HUGE). I heard him mention that he knew my model because he had thought of ordering one from China (????) he even knew the manufacturer but he had not ordered one because he preferred to build kits and not buy ready built stuff
No one corrected him because no one listens to him (you know the guy, right??) anyway, he took off with his foam RTF Extra (small and light) and there were then 4 of us flying so to be polite and for safety I said 'so, I am going to slowly come in to land' he said 'slowly, that is relative, make sure that you keep out so that you don't overshoot and hit us (the wind was coming slightly toward us) because I need to land too'. Now, I had called a landing so etiquette dictates that I come in first, right?? So, I set up the approach, got the nose up and squeezed the power back on to float down the patch and was about 4 feet up when head comes in over the top, going faster than I was to stall and cartwheel between the pilots!!! My Baby gently dropped onto the grass right in front of my feet with virtually no forward speed. One of the guys flying said 'you need a slow reliable model to learn to land, ask Paul if he will build you one the same as he is flying'
He did explain (to everyone several times) that he had turbulence when he came in
Thing is how many other designs have the speed envelope that this one does and mine is a bit heavy at 174 Grams??
Once again, THANK YOU for a great design, LOVIN' IT!!
Old Sep 26, 2010, 04:42 PM
Paderborn DE
Joined Oct 2004
1,230 Posts
Decals.

@ Pat, could you do me a favor and find out how much a decal sheet would cost to Germany???
The ones that I printed are on a foil that is poor quality, at least the adhesive is and they won't stick down properly to the painted foam and I don't want to start coating the areas with contact glue 'cos you always see it.
Cheers.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 07:36 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,679 Posts
Paul,

PM me your mailing details.

Pat