Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 03, 2010, 10:16 AM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
3,974 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Build View Post
I've had a coro/corflute/signboard versino of this on the shelf waiting for me to program mixing into my radio (HK TR6A).

On its maiden, I discovered that it was severly underpowered and that I'd forgotten the essential dot of superglue on the end of the control rods!

Here's some pics of the "landings". Fortunately, this material takes almost anything - I've since dropped it through some trees and performed a slighly more interesting flick/roll landing in a stiff breeze with no damage.
Those pix put a new slant on Lawn Dart You must have a nice soft field.
empeabee is online now Find More Posts by empeabee
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 03, 2010, 08:38 PM
Check your six
New Jersey
Joined Sep 2002
1,240 Posts
Battle weary

Mine's getting a little battle weary. maybe it's time to build another. Marty
martys is offline Find More Posts by martys
Old Jul 09, 2010, 05:48 PM
*GRAVITY* I hate it :(
USA, CA, Downey
Joined Jan 2010
433 Posts
any one have a link for cheep 5mm elmers foam board?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX208 View Post
Adam,

Here is "Build 2" using the 5mm foamboard. Hopefully it will take to the skies this weekend, weather permitting. I laminated the 5mm foam board with clear tape on both sides before airbrushing. The build used the first version of your plans, which called out for 3mm foam.

She is powered by a ELE C20 2900kv motor and a 3S1P 1200mah pack, both from TrueRC.com. For servos, I'm using a couple of 5gram units from Lazertoyz.com. A 4 channel Corona Rx with a Azzar antenna attached rounds it out.

I was going to go with a 5x5 APC prop, but didn't know that their props can only go on one way, so I used a GWS 5 x 4.3. Seems like it has plenty of power though!
===================
www.aatoolbox.no-ip.com
Hi just wondering if anyone has a link to the 5mm elmers foam board & how do you de paper it? as you can tell Im new.Thank you so much for any info & or links Ken F
Sparken57 is offline Find More Posts by Sparken57
Old Jul 09, 2010, 07:18 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,180 Posts
I have noticed that Hobby Lobby (the craft store, not the RC store) has been selling CellFoam88 lately. This stuff has no paper backing.

If you have stuff with paper, simply soak it in water for a while and peel off. I've heard it's a messy procedure though.

If you have to order foam anyway, may as well as get some actual depron from www.rcfoam.com.

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Jul 10, 2010, 10:50 AM
Houston, TX
Joined Aug 2004
48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crxmanpat View Post
I have noticed that Hobby Lobby (the craft store, not the RC store) has been selling CellFoam88 lately. This stuff has no paper backing.

If you have stuff with paper, simply soak it in water for a while and peel off. I've heard it's a messy procedure though.

If you have to order foam anyway, may as well as get some actual depron from www.rcfoam.com.

Pat
I'm actually planning on building one of these F22 using the dollar store readiboard. The elmer's foam board is a bit of a pain to get the paper off because of the thicker paper that they use. If you have a dollartree in your area I'd recommend some readiboard from there. All it takes to remove the paper is rubbing some rubbing alcohol on each side and letting it soak for a few min and the paper peels right off in 1 large sheet.
Demonhawk is offline Find More Posts by Demonhawk
Old Jul 12, 2010, 01:02 AM
Duarte, CA
Joined Jun 2008
218 Posts
Pat,

I finally put the F-22 and Mig-29 kits together that I purchased from you at the Western States E-fly. I've maidened both and they are fun airplanes. With the maiden out of the way I painted them and got some decals on this weekend. I really like the OVT scheme for the Mig but didn't want to recreate that scheme again. I just painted the top red and added some stripes for contrast. The red really pops against the sky.
triple_b is offline Find More Posts by triple_b
Old Jul 12, 2010, 10:04 AM
Joined Mar 2006
456 Posts
Triple b,
These are 2 magnificent models you made there, the paintjob is outstanding!
MartinT is offline Find More Posts by MartinT
Old Jul 12, 2010, 11:52 AM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,180 Posts
Ben,

Nice job on the planes! The Mig looks really good. Glad you're enjoying them!

Pat
Old Jul 12, 2010, 10:51 PM
Duarte, CA
Joined Jun 2008
218 Posts
Thanks guys.
triple_b is offline Find More Posts by triple_b
Old Jul 13, 2010, 07:42 PM
Joined Jul 2009
803 Posts
can someone post a list of the electronics i would need to get this thing flying(all from one site).I already have a radio.thx
TheTrashMan is offline Find More Posts by TheTrashMan
Old Jul 13, 2010, 09:00 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by planeflyer94 View Post
can someone post a list of the electronics i would need to get this thing flying(all from one site).I already have a radio.thx
Everything you need is right here:

www.nicohobbies.com

You need:

Motor (I use the 1806N 2500kv 19g outrunner)
10A ESC
2 5g servos
GWS 4530 prop
Prop saver (mine are specially made to fit the GWS prop hub)
450-600 3S lipo

I have a power pack with everything for $55.

Pat
Old Jul 13, 2010, 09:50 PM
Check your six
New Jersey
Joined Sep 2002
1,240 Posts
Quote:
Everything you need is right here:

www.nicohobbies.com

You need:

Motor (I use the 1806N 2500kv 19g outrunner)
10A ESC
2 5g servos
GWS 4530 prop
Prop saver (mine are specially made to fit the GWS prop hub)
450-600 3S lipo

I have a power pack with everything for $55.

Pat
A nice price Dave! BTW, you can't beat this plane! I have tons of flights on mine. It's one of my favorites. Marty
martys is offline Find More Posts by martys
Old Jul 16, 2010, 12:48 PM
Central Maryland
Joined Apr 2008
228 Posts
well here is some video of my F-22 that I said a long time ago that I would post. Finally put it together.

17.5" WS with modified fuselage built up to look better. Flies great! I was going to try to catch it at the end but it was coming in to fast on this flight.

F-22 Artboard_Foamcore_02.mp4 (3 min 17 sec)
VIDEOPRO is offline Find More Posts by VIDEOPRO
Old Jul 16, 2010, 12:55 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,180 Posts
Nice flying, loved the video! You fly a lot like I do, fast and furious with periods of slow high alpha and inverted flight.

Did you try to catch it on landing and abort? I catch mine all the time. Loads of fun!

Pat
Old Jul 16, 2010, 01:28 PM
Central Maryland
Joined Apr 2008
228 Posts
Quote:
Nice flying, loved the video! You fly a lot like I do, fast and furious with periods of slow high alpha and inverted flight.

Did you try to catch it on landing and abort? I catch mine all the time. Loads of fun!

Pat
Yes, I was going to catch it but this time it was a little to fast and high on aproach so I did abort.
VIDEOPRO is offline Find More Posts by VIDEOPRO