HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 20, 2010, 01:43 PM
Oakhurst, CA
Joined May 2006
355 Posts
HK is still out of the AX 1806N 2500kv Brushless Micro Motor. I found this:
http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...ushless/Detail
They are USA (Florida), fast response, cheap US shipping($2) And the motor is just a few cents more than HK. Has anyone had any experience with this company or the EMAX motors?
ronaldf is offline Find More Posts by ronaldf
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2010, 02:22 PM
"plane don't hurt"
Mountain Home Village, CA
Joined Aug 2005
442 Posts
Yes, they are a great online company to deal with.. fast shipping and i have had no problems returning defective items.

i also have that motor.

if you search on rcgroups you will find many people telling you not to run this on 3S. I think its the same motor that they use on one of the Superfly models. It draws too many amps on 3S. I have run this motor with 2S and it seemed too slow on my 19" WS Dekan F22. So i put a 5x4 on 3S and it performs much better. But i have not put many flights on it yet. Just a word of warning..
eruji is offline Find More Posts by eruji
Old Jan 20, 2010, 06:09 PM
Check your six
New Jersey
Joined Sep 2002
1,240 Posts
Heads up

I have purchased many items from heads up RC and had no problems at all. He does a great job testing them (real world testing I might add) and posts his recommendations on his site. I don't think you'll find that level of customer service on very many other sites. The information supplied on the site has helped me make many informed decisions and also taught me a thing or two. If you e-mail him with a question he always gets back to you. You won't deal with a better company. I highly recommend them too. Marty
martys is offline Find More Posts by martys
Old Jan 20, 2010, 10:22 PM
Massachusetts
Joined Jun 2008
1,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldf View Post
HK is still out of the AX 1806N 2500kv Brushless Micro Motor. I found this:
http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...ushless/Detail
They are USA (Florida), fast response, cheap US shipping($2) And the motor is just a few cents more than HK. Has anyone had any experience with this company or the EMAX motors?

The AX 1806N 2500kv just came back in stock
ForceFedDSM is offline Find More Posts by ForceFedDSM
Old Jan 20, 2010, 11:39 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,182 Posts
Get some fast. They seem to disappear quickly!

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Jan 21, 2010, 01:26 AM
Oakhurst, CA
Joined May 2006
355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceFedDSM View Post
The AX 1806N 2500kv just came back in stock
I'm ready to give up on HK and other China dealers. Shipping just takes too long. Lately it has been taking several days to get notice of shipping. Then it takes a week or more for items to get to the Hong Kong post office. HK states that items may take up to 45 days to arrive. I rather support US dealers that offer fair prices, good quick service and fair shipping prices. I live 50 miles from the nearest hobby shop, so mail order is my best option.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 07:14 AM
Massachusetts
Joined Jun 2008
1,715 Posts
Quote:
I'm ready to give up on HK and other China dealers. Shipping just takes too long. Lately it has been taking several days to get notice of shipping. Then it takes a week or more for items to get to the Hong Kong post office. HK states that items may take up to 45 days to arrive. I rather support US dealers that offer fair prices, good quick service and fair shipping prices. I live 50 miles from the nearest hobby shop, so mail order is my best option.
I always use EMS, get my orders in a few days. It usually only costs me $10 more than the standard slow shipping, that always takes forever to get here. I just placed an order the day for the 2100kv and now the 2500kv is in I added the 2500kv to my shopping cart, only 2.99 via standard shipping
I might just pick up one of each.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 07:38 AM
Joined Mar 2007
778 Posts
Yes EMS is the way to go, its a few dollars more, but your order gets priority treatment in the warehouse.
adbradley is offline Find More Posts by adbradley
Old Jan 21, 2010, 12:46 PM
Oakhurst, CA
Joined May 2006
355 Posts
Once you factor in EMS shipping costs, there is usually no financial advantage to buying from China dealers. Paying more for shipping than the cost of the item goes against my financial nature. If you need to return an item, then there is a big disadvantage to buying foreign. Just my opinion. I have purchased most of my hobby supplies from foreign dealers. I'm starting to rethink that philosophy. If I can find US dealers that offer fair item pricing with good service and low shipping costs, I will use them instead of foreign dealers.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 12:51 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,182 Posts
One of our local clubs usually does a Hobby City group buy once in a while. It's all sent EMS, and eveyone divides shipping by the weight of their items. Works out cheaper that way.

Pat
Old Jan 21, 2010, 02:04 PM
Massachusetts
Joined Jun 2008
1,715 Posts
Quote:
Once you factor in EMS shipping costs, there is usually no financial advantage to buying from China dealers. Paying more for shipping than the cost of the item goes against my financial nature. If you need to return an item, then there is a big disadvantage to buying foreign. Just my opinion. I have purchased most of my hobby supplies from foreign dealers. I'm starting to rethink that philosophy. If I can find US dealers that offer fair item pricing with good service and low shipping costs, I will use them instead of foreign dealers.
I placed a $200+ dollar order and shipped it all for $27 EMS, now if I bought something small and used EMS it would raise the cost, but the way I do it hardly at all.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 10:50 PM
Oakhurst, CA
Joined May 2006
355 Posts
Is anyone running thrust tabs on the elevons? Do they make much difference? Recommended - not recommended?
Last edited by ronaldf; Jan 23, 2010 at 08:50 PM.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 04:56 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,182 Posts
Not needed on this smaller model. It'll flip right over on itself without them.

Pat
Old Jan 23, 2010, 08:51 PM
Oakhurst, CA
Joined May 2006
355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crxmanpat View Post
Not needed on this smaller model. It'll flip right over on itself without them.

Pat
Thanks for the input. I think I'll leave them off.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 01:24 PM
Oakhurst, CA
Joined May 2006
355 Posts
Just an update concerning shipping and HK purchase. I ordered 2 AX1806-2100 motors on Jan 16th. They were shipped on Jan 18th registered. They left Hong Kong on Jan 23rd. I'm waiting for them to arrive. I also ordered 2 EMAX 2805 motors from Heads Up RC on Jan 19th. They arrived on Jan 23rd.
I had also ordered items from Dealextreme on Jan 7th. The order left Hong Kong on Jan 14th. The ordered arrived Jan 23rd. Now I now the meaning of a "Slow boat from China"!

Now I need to decide on which motor to use on my F22.