HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 25, 2009, 05:01 PM
hass-alfed and bass-ackwards
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Jun 2008
5,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adbradley
FYI i will soon be offering a light weight 25c to 45c burst 450mah pack that can be charged at 5c, that means you can have a packed charged in less than 15 minutes! These batteries will sell for 15.99 and weigh in at 42 grams, it will be the lightest and most powerful pack we will have to offer.
Any news on these packs?
carlsoti is offline Find More Posts by carlsoti
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 25, 2009, 05:49 PM
Joined Mar 2007
753 Posts
They are still on the slow boat from china from what i understand, i will keep you posted.. i do have some 500mah 20-30c packs on my site right now for $14 http://www.nicohobbies.com/store/ind...2543b081e1b0b4
adbradley is offline Find More Posts by adbradley
Old Jun 26, 2009, 12:40 PM
Joined Mar 2007
753 Posts
Great news the 450mah packs that can be charged at 5c are here!!! i will have them listed on my site by this weekend
Old Jun 26, 2009, 01:01 PM
hass-alfed and bass-ackwards
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Jun 2008
5,240 Posts
Mark me down for two! Maybe, if you're not too busy, we can meet up somewhere. Do you plan on flying at any of the local fields saturday night, or anytime sunday?
carlsoti is offline Find More Posts by carlsoti
Old Jun 26, 2009, 02:36 PM
Joined Mar 2007
753 Posts
I dont get to do much flying these days, but i may be able to meet up with you somewhere, im located at signal butte and southern, and i drive to tempe every day down the 60 for work, so maybe monday morning?
Old Jun 27, 2009, 02:30 PM
Joined Mar 2007
753 Posts
I have a few new battery options avilable on my site now, as well as the new Hyperion G3 Packs that can be charged at 5C!!
Last edited by adbradley; Jun 27, 2009 at 07:43 PM.
Old Jul 02, 2009, 06:37 PM
Sarasota, FL
Joined May 2009
1,029 Posts
I am a noob to this type of kit... how do I assemble it? I know the electronics side of it.. I am retired ASE master mechanic.. but I never liked puzzles..
the worst puzzle I did while working was a lexus head rebuild .. probably
thousands of parts... but ... I would think some kind of manual would tell me how to put this puppy together.. screws for the motor mount or is everything glued?
going to pick up the CA and accelerant tomorrow...
bsfixit is offline Find More Posts by bsfixit
Old Jul 04, 2009, 10:38 PM
Build - Fly - Crash - Repeat
Arlington, TX
Joined Sep 2007
144 Posts
If you look at the pictures people posted, its pretty easy to figure out. For the motor mount, I used a 1" x 1" 1/8" thick ply to mount the motor with screws or tiny nut and bolt. Then I epoxy the whole thing to the styrofoam with 6 minute epoxy. I thought it was going to be hard to line it up properly, but if you keep adjusting it until it gets hard, it seems to work out. Going through the early posts in this forum helped me alot. Its worth the effort, this has been a great plane. I am building a new one right now, the old one was looking pretty beat up. I got a cheap airbrush kit at the hobby shop yesterday. Hopefully this one will look better than the last.

Keith
keithdubya is offline Find More Posts by keithdubya
Last edited by keithdubya; Jul 04, 2009 at 10:46 PM.
Old Jul 05, 2009, 01:15 AM
Joined Mar 2007
753 Posts
Id love to see some pics when u get it all painted up Keith, Thanx for being a great customer

Adam
Old Jul 05, 2009, 01:25 AM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
16,979 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsfixit
I am a noob to this type of kit... how do I assemble it? I know the electronics side of it.. I am retired ASE master mechanic.. but I never liked puzzles..
the worst puzzle I did while working was a lexus head rebuild .. probably
thousands of parts... but ... I would think some kind of manual would tell me how to put this puppy together.. screws for the motor mount or is everything glued?
going to pick up the CA and accelerant tomorrow...
What you can do is check out the assembly of my F-15 starting at post 32 on this thread:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1033244

It's pretty much identical to the F-22. Also, check out my thread on general park jet construction techniques:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1052464

This will give you some tips and pointers as well. One thing I recommend NOT doing is using foam safe CA and accelerant. CA tends to get brittle and shatter. One of the foam glues I mention in that thread work much better.

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Jul 05, 2009, 08:43 AM
Sarasota, FL
Joined May 2009
1,029 Posts
Thanks Everyone, When I got the kit I didn't realize there were so many other similar builds I could follow. Now I know which glues to use.. I am almost done with assembly. Thanks Adam for a great kit and Customer support.....
Old Jul 05, 2009, 09:51 AM
NYC
Joined Jun 2008
329 Posts
Hey guys, i busted my gws prop i got from nicohobbies. My friend has a 4.5x4.5e, i tried it and it works but motor seems a little warm. Not sure if that is bad, what do you guys think?
profilefan is offline Find More Posts by profilefan
Old Jul 05, 2009, 10:10 AM
Sarasota, FL
Joined May 2009
1,029 Posts
I am going to try to add some landing gear to protect the prop and be able to land.. well see if I can do it .. I saw a thread where it was done.. somewhere on here..
did you use a prop saver?
Old Jul 05, 2009, 11:34 AM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
16,979 Posts
I highly recommend a prop saver so that it protects your props as well as your motor mount on landings. Adam has two kinds available, one for regular APC type props, and one specially machined for the GWS props.

profilefan, yes that higher pitch will get your motor warmer, but as long as it's not overly hot after flight, you should be OK. Also a good idea to check your amp draw and make sure you're not taxing your lipo or ESC.

I had the lower 2200kv version of this motor on my F-22 and flew it with an APC 4.7X4.1E no problem.

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Jul 11, 2009, 11:08 PM
Build - Fly - Crash - Repeat
Arlington, TX
Joined Sep 2007
144 Posts
Adam,
I Finally got it finished. I think this is the third mini F-22 I have built of yours. Each time it gets a little easier. Here is a picture of it. I hope to Maiden it tomorrow if the wind isn't too bad. Thanks again for the plans Adam. This was the first scratchbuilt foamie I ever built. It is a great plane to learn on. It runs fast or slow, and handles the wind well too. Now I have built around 8 foamies, 3 of them were the mini F-22. Its a great plane, I keep going back to it. The first one went down hard about the 15th flight. Pilot error of course The second one I retired after almost 50 flights. It was looking pretty beat up.

Keith
keithdubya is offline Find More Posts by keithdubya
Last edited by keithdubya; Jul 11, 2009 at 11:22 PM.