HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 03, 2008, 02:04 PM
"plane don't hurt"
Mountain Home Village, CA
Joined Aug 2005
442 Posts
Discussion
Possible use of bit char-g bits and Aerosoarer?

I was reading in the micro sticky above about the use of Bit Char g for planes. Is anyone still doing this?, the article is almost 4 years old!!

I came across an old bit char clone i bought a long time ago. Is it possible to still use this?

I would like to try the BUMP model. but before i get started i wanted to make sure this would still work since its a knockoff char g.
eruji is offline Find More Posts by eruji
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2008, 03:43 PM
Joined Aug 2003
2,566 Posts
You and I might be the only ones playing with these. This area is very trendy and whatever is hot at the moment gets the attention. I just printed out the BUMP and I havent yet found a prop for the M-20 motor I have. From what I have read, if you are not using the BitESC, then you need to add a mosfet to the Rx. They are all very similar in design. I got lucky and picked up a Rx, Tx, actuator, BitESC which already had some work done to it.
HELModels is online now Find More Posts by HELModels
Old Jan 03, 2008, 03:50 PM
"plane don't hurt"
Mountain Home Village, CA
Joined Aug 2005
442 Posts
Hi HEL, have you successfully built a Bit plane?

by BitESC you mean the RX from the car right? so the RX has an ESC built onto it?

I have an Aerosoarer, Picooz and AeroAce motors/gearboxes at my disposal, would those work with this?
eruji is offline Find More Posts by eruji
Old Jan 03, 2008, 03:58 PM
I forgot the transmitter!
Tucson Arizona
Joined Oct 2006
1,407 Posts
yup!
gguy is offline Find More Posts by gguy
Old Jan 03, 2008, 04:33 PM
It's a spiderweb of knit lines
Souderton Pa. USA
Joined Mar 2002
2,633 Posts
Hi,
I've built and flown several bit planes. Since low cost rc planes became available there isn't much use of the bit stuff anymore. I'd recommend doing a conversion of the x-twin/Aero Ace. They are cheap and work well.

If you really want ot do a bit try to find a Crazy Car or one of the other ones that uses a motor for the steering channel, much easier to deal with. You will need to use a lipo battery and I'd recommend the Bump, it's a great design.
Mike
mcross is offline Find More Posts by mcross
Old Jan 03, 2008, 04:56 PM
I broke it
USA, NC, Clayton
Joined Feb 2001
5,614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcross
If you really want ot do a bit try to find a Crazy Car or one of the other ones that uses a motor for the steering channel, much easier to deal with.
I've got a few of these type cars left 10.00 shipped or 3 for 20.00 shipped...pm me

thanks,
David
David Hogue is offline Find More Posts by David Hogue
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 04, 2008, 04:19 AM
Joined Aug 2003
2,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eruji
Hi HEL, have you successfully built a Bit plane?

by BitESC you mean the RX from the car right? so the RX has an ESC built onto it?
I printed out the BUMP plans and have some 1/16 balsa that I will use to build the airframe.

What I mean by BitESC is that there was an add-on ESC someone put together. It alleviates the need to modify the Rx to handle higher amps to a motor. More like 1 amp max With the BitESC. I have an M-20 motor which is typical for this, but need the right prop.

I tested the Tx and Rx with the motor and actuator tonight and it did some weird things. The actuator would flicker back and forth if throttle was not touched, but as long as throttle was hit once in a while it would settle right down. The throttle on ESC seemed totally unresponsive, maybe some effect, but without a prop I cant tell. It should atleast handle the current to the motor is my guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eruji
I have an Aerosoarer, Picooz and AeroAce motors/gearboxes at my disposal, would those work with this?
These have already been mentioned and I have no experience with them.
HELModels is online now Find More Posts by HELModels