Old Jan 02, 2008, 08:39 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,189 Posts
Suggestion
Kong Power Packs

the thread here... http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=795093

...has an ASCII art forum title that many people do not like. I put forward my opinion and got reported for it. I did so in a manner that's not outside the bounds of forum conduct. I then put in a post that said I found that the reporting was humerous. This post was reported. I found that funny, and posted, and that post was reported. This happened seven times.

Not only was my original post within the bounds of acceptable forum conduct, but my following posts were acceptable by anyone who can regard themselves as an easy going individual.

Apparently this was all out of line.

Completely absurd.

Out of 3.7k posts since 2004, and plenty of arguments on this site, this racks up more points on me that I have ever received from the total time that I've spent on RCGroups. It's absurd.

Whoever it is needs to review other arguments on this site and gain some perspective, I didn't nothing outside the bounds of forum conduct, and even still, it doesn't warrant 5 points on my record.
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2008, 09:03 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,189 Posts
so... that thread and all this reporting business came out of a guy that couldn't handle a contrary opinion, which given the internet and RCGroups members all having a different opinion, was completely inevitable. And if you browse his post history, it's not like he doesn't object to the actions of other members also, even calling one directly a "foolish man".

I haven't said anything as direct or even half as blunt, I didn't do anything malicious, and if you asked just about anyone who's been on this site five minutes... nothing that warrants the 5 points.

so, can I request that I get my 5 points back?
Old Jan 02, 2008, 09:32 PM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,445 Posts
Your posts were intended to be obnoxious to the point of taunting the person that started the thread. I have said that we are doubling down on keeping posts on track in the heli forums. This thread has been moved to batteries but posts like your are a good example of purposefully distracting the user base.
Jim T. Graham is offline Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Old Jan 02, 2008, 10:20 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,189 Posts
can we also crack down on lame and useless ascii art in thread titles?...
maybe put up some thread recommendation notice someplace that will explain that the practice of this really is clutter for the forums?...

...if there was a was an option in post reporting feature that let us explain that the thread title is completely excessive, none of this would have even started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim T. Graham
Your posts were intended to be obnoxious to the point of taunting the person that started the thread. I have said that we are doubling down on keeping posts on track in the heli forums. This thread has been moved to batteries but posts like your are a good example of purposefully distracting the user base.
I didn't know heli forums had a problem (only just started flying heli's and playing in that forum), and I disagree with the "purposefully distracting the user base" comment as I was being excessively reported for simply finding humor in being reported for a post that really wasn't all that out of line... but anyways, I'll accept the ruling and consequence even though I think that a remaining 5 points for the infraction is excessive (especially when it all transpired before any moderator even saw it, which is a part of the reason why I feel that my posts were excessively reported). More points in one instance than all my other transgressions in this site combined, is excessive.

But anyways, having a way to report that a thread title is excessive would be handy though... ascii art in thread titles purposefully distracting the user base isn't unique either.

Cheers,
Arron.
Old Jan 02, 2008, 10:21 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,189 Posts
and now a 6th moderator assigned point for this post... http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8846095

...which really was intended to be helpful, linking to a better source of information. The "so much information it's spooky" not even sarcastic or anything... completely in jest.

this is nuts.
Old Jan 02, 2008, 10:22 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,189 Posts
----------
Last edited by theKM; Jan 02, 2008 at 10:35 PM.
Old Jan 02, 2008, 11:07 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,189 Posts
Quote:
I have said that we are doubling down on keeping posts on track in the heli forums
...I couldn't find this in any of the replies to the posts, no comments were entered. I can't find anywhere notice of this doubling down, so I'm just chalking this up to a hyperactive and overly sensitive user that couldn't bare to have a negative opinion cast about his thread title, and a cracking down of law enforcement in a particular area... you don't get much argument when the cop tells you that you're a victim of cracking down and even though you did nothing dangerous you're still getting a ticket and a fine for going 5 over.