Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Closed Thread
Old Jan 02, 2008, 04:18 PM
Permanently Banned
Joined Jul 2007
800 Posts
Discussion
Kong Power Packs Info And General Discussion

I have started this thread to talk about the kong power pack and the Evo ones as I am quite interested in getting more info,
nitroshark is offline Find More Posts by nitroshark
Last edited by nitroshark; Jan 03, 2008 at 03:03 PM. Reason: would rather focus on packs than title
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2008, 04:28 PM
Permanently Banned
Joined Jul 2007
800 Posts
how cool is that!!

that fancy title works
Old Jan 02, 2008, 04:29 PM
Reading, UK
Joined Sep 2007
6,371 Posts
Looks silly IMO. Isn't there all ready a Kong power pack thread?...
LaurenceGough is offline Find More Posts by LaurenceGough
Old Jan 02, 2008, 04:33 PM
Permanently Banned
Joined Jul 2007
800 Posts
show me

where it is mate the other one I saw was closed http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=784942
Old Jan 02, 2008, 04:34 PM
Sippin' on Kool Aid
Long Island NY, USA
Joined Dec 2005
2,783 Posts
i closed the thread as people seemed to be discussing other packs and trolling or spamming. I didnt want that to happen, i just wanted to discuss KP packs
heligrom is offline Find More Posts by heligrom
Old Jan 02, 2008, 04:37 PM
Permanently Banned
Joined Jul 2007
800 Posts
heligrom I appreciate that this thread hopefully wont go there, if you look in the complaints section I have asked it to be watched and perhaps privately moderated, being in NZ I guess you could say I'm totally unbiased towards the KP gear I am just interested in buying some in the next few months.... works out to a bit of an investment with the need for about 8 packs.. so i need to make the correct choice based on how other flyers have found them
Old Jan 02, 2008, 04:43 PM
Santa Cruz, California
Joined Oct 2007
177 Posts
My Kong power Lipo has worked well even when I drained it way down by accident.....

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=793831

I'll buy more for sure
bug splat is offline Find More Posts by bug splat
Old Jan 02, 2008, 04:45 PM
Permanently Banned
Joined Jul 2007
800 Posts
yeah I think I will be getting some in a month or so as I have noticed my packs I have now sagging a little when pulling loops they talk about a fuse on the board well as a sparky im all for that! as long as its rated for short circiut current, the other thing is the charging leads would be the most likley place for a fault imo as with all the movement plugging the plug in ect it can fail are they protected as well? I would thing a fusible link of 5-10 amps on the charge plug and perhaps 4--50 amp on the main leads depending on pack?
Last edited by nitroshark; Jan 02, 2008 at 04:51 PM.
Old Jan 02, 2008, 06:10 PM
United States, GA, Roswell
Joined Mar 2007
1,237 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroshark
I have started this thread to talk about the kong power pack and the Evo ones as I am quite interested in getting more info,
Vague title at best... how bout a specific question with info about your intended use... i.e. heli setup.
hurleybt is offline Find More Posts by hurleybt
Old Jan 02, 2008, 06:14 PM
Progress not Perfection
Palmdale, Ca.
Joined Dec 2005
438 Posts
Are they going to have any 2s packs?
wilscor41 is offline Find More Posts by wilscor41
Old Jan 02, 2008, 07:00 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,181 Posts
there's already a thread about Kong Power Packs... http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=784942

...all should just post in there rather than starting a new thread, and certainly prevent starting a thread with a lame title similar in fashion to some losers posting as eBay feedback. If a thread is not interesting enough to be visited or even noticed on its own merits, it doesn't deserve to be visited or noticed.

theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Last edited by theKM; Jan 02, 2008 at 07:44 PM.
Old Jan 02, 2008, 07:04 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Jan 2006
9,801 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM
there's already a thread about Kong Power Packs... http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=784942

...all should just post in there rather than starting a new thread, and certainly prevent starting a thread with a lame title like some loser posting eBay feedback. If a thread is not interesting enough to be visited or even noticed on its own merits, it doesn't deserve to be visited or noticed.

agree!
blade strike is online now Find More Posts by blade strike
Site Sponsor
Last edited by blade strike; Jan 02, 2008 at 07:19 PM.
Old Jan 02, 2008, 07:20 PM
So Cal
Joined Jun 2006
336 Posts
Well I have a few Kong Power packs, and I like them; although they are a bit heavier than the FP's or TP's (yes, enough to make a little difference in flight). I'm still interested in seeing comparisons of discharge curves for all of the current front runners (Kong, Air Thunder, FP, and TP). I have no bias towards any manufacturer, I just want to see fair (non marketing type hype) comparisons. So, I think this thread would be a good place to take up where the other relevant threads have left off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroshark
heligrom I appreciate that this thread hopefully wont go there, if you look in the complaints section I have asked it to be watched and perhaps privately moderated, being in NZ I guess you could say I'm totally unbiased towards the KP gear I am just interested in buying some in the next few months.... works out to a bit of an investment with the need for about 8 packs.. so i need to make the correct choice based on how other flyers have found them
dwelch is offline Find More Posts by dwelch
Old Jan 02, 2008, 07:22 PM
So Cal
Joined Jun 2006
336 Posts
As noted previously, that thread has been closed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM

...all should just post in there rather than starting a new thread, and certainly prevent starting a thread with a lame title like some loser posting eBay feedback. If a thread is not interesting enough to be visited or even noticed on its own merits, it doesn't deserve to be visited or noticed.
dwelch is offline Find More Posts by dwelch
Old Jan 02, 2008, 07:27 PM View Post
theKM
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Obnoxious behavior). Show it to me anyway.
Closed Thread