HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 07, 2008, 05:23 PM
Ustabee supported Unabomber
Joined Sep 2006
1,192 Posts
What state do you work in John? I assume you work where E-Flite's headquarters is. Right?
countrygentleman is offline Find More Posts by countrygentleman
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2008, 06:59 PM
Mahomet, IL
Joined Oct 2005
1,114 Posts
I reside in Mahomet, Illinois. Work over in Champaign, about 8 miles from the house. I guess you could say I work at E-flite headquarters. We know it as Horizon Hobby.

Why do you ask?

John
John Redman is offline Find More Posts by John Redman
Old Jan 07, 2008, 07:12 PM
I think I can glue that..
Paris, Ontario, Canada EH
Joined Jul 2005
1,400 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidbait
John,

Give your boss a big raspberry from a Canadian!

Other than that, keep up the good work! The new birds are amazing... I just wish I had room for more in the hangar!

*edit* As an afterthought - why not offer the planes unlettered, with the registration letters as iron-on/stick on decals, so we can customize our birds a bit, so they don't look like everyone else's?

Ditto for me.... as I recall the last time I surfed around DHC-2.com there appeared a goodly sized chunk of em with Canadian registry..... its just plain wrong for a beaver's registry not to start with a C!... now letseee... if it was 48" wingspan AND I could easily remove the numbers I would buy 4!! ... and yes squid that was said while wearing my man pants!! oh well guess I wait and see whats next and just stock these ones in the store for others to buy. Just too durn big for me and my little field.
bob_suruncle is offline Find More Posts by bob_suruncle
Old Jan 07, 2008, 07:19 PM
Joined Sep 2006
1,192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Redman
I reside in Mahomet, Illinois. Work over in Champaign, about 8 miles from the house. I guess you could say I work at E-flite headquarters. We know it as Horizon Hobby.

Why do you ask?

John
Wondered what part of the Midwest you are in. I often become confused when I hear parts of the country like Oklahoma, or Kansas, as Midwest states. I always have thought of the Midwest being right in Chicago and the surrounding area.
Old Jan 08, 2008, 06:03 AM
Reserved Parking
Joined Jun 2004
926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygentleman
Wondered what part of the Midwest you are in. I often become confused when I hear parts of the country like Oklahoma, or Kansas, as Midwest states. I always have thought of the Midwest being right in Chicago and the surrounding area.

LOL.

Sorry, that just seemed pretty funny coming from someone who is listed as being in Minnesota...in the midwest....
P-51C is offline Find More Posts by P-51C
Old Jan 08, 2008, 07:14 AM
Joined Sep 2006
1,192 Posts
I have often wondered where Minnesota would be classified? In Yahoo we are the "Midwest Slammed with Snow", and that implies us and the surrounding states, Wisconsin, Iowa, Illinois... then as I said last post, Kansas and Oklahoma, is the "Midwest" . Eh, what are you going to do about it??? I guess I'll be content with "the north" .
Old Jan 08, 2008, 10:41 AM
Joined Mar 2006
26 Posts
John, we had decided to pass on the AMA Convention this year, but after seeing the new Beaver, we knew a trip to Ontario was worth it. We plan to be there on Friday, maybe pre-order one, we'll see. Looking forward to talking with you or whomever is there for E-flite. 2 more days and counting!
mrslancer31 is offline Find More Posts by mrslancer31
Old Jan 08, 2008, 12:13 PM
Is it summer yet?
Flight Level 46 X 92
Joined Feb 2002
2,000 Posts
How did I miss this thread for a week? Another one on the list and ordered. Good thing I already have the floats. Gees, that's like 4 in four months. Mama's not going to be happy.

FYI, that's "up Nort".

How many here ever broke a wing rib trying to push it out of the worse die-cutting job possible? These recent E-Flite planes are superb in comparsion to what we had to chose from only a very few years ago.
gouda is offline Find More Posts by gouda
Old Jan 08, 2008, 02:51 PM
Joined Nov 2005
1,924 Posts
John,
I would love to see a video on the Horizon site. One if by land, two if by sea.

If you need some help with that, just send me a pre-lease Beaver, and I'll have your video done in a couple of days. I found myself going to all the nearby lakes looking for a good "flying field" over water. I found one, so I'm ready for take off!
tclaridge is offline Find More Posts by tclaridge
Old Jan 08, 2008, 11:45 PM
Joined Sep 2006
1,192 Posts
Mr. Redman, this came up in another thread so I thought I would ask you, how/why did you all choose to do a DeHavilland Beaver?
Old Jan 09, 2008, 09:00 AM
Mahomet, IL
Joined Oct 2005
1,114 Posts
Answers to a few questions here.

For those of you hitting the AMA show I will not be there, but our marketing manager will. You saw her picture with the model. And no we are not releasing her anytime soon!!!

Pre-order on the web site or with your favorite dealer. I would venture to say do this fast.

Why did we choose a Beaver? Well we did not want to redo a J-3 Cub. We already had the Taylorcraft on the books as a Park Flyer so we felt it was a very doable subject with the flaps, could be outfitted to our 25 size floats (two different flying options), and I found a shceme we liked. There was a bit more to it than that, but that pretty much sums it up. I personaly was not in huge favor of the model, I had other choices above it, but the team decided it was a good choice. After working the project, I have to agree, it was the right answer. And when I flew it I knew we had a winner.

John
Old Jan 09, 2008, 09:22 AM
Braunschweig Germany
Joined Sep 2004
16 Posts
The Beaver in Euroe

Hi, does anyone know if this beatifully looking model can be bought anywhere in Europe - preferrably Germany?

Best regards
Max
Abildgaard is offline Find More Posts by Abildgaard
Old Jan 09, 2008, 07:49 PM
Mahomet, IL
Joined Oct 2005
1,114 Posts
I do know that Horizon Hobby UK has them on order and my guess is will be shipping to dealers across Europe. Check with your dealers over there and see if they can backorder you one.

John
Old Jan 15, 2008, 12:42 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Redman
Answers to a few questions here.

I personaly was not in huge favor of the model, I had other choices above it, but the team decided it was a good choice. After working the project, I have to agree, it was the right answer. And when I flew it I knew we had a winner.

John
John,

Sorry you do not see the potential on this model.....those that really enjoy "SCALE" appeal, looks and flying characteristics the Beaver is a winner hands down! Float plane, Tundra Tire setup...the possibilities are endless....one model that I would do without is that Crop Duster Spray RC Model....does not do anything for me....were you against that one as well?
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
Old Jan 15, 2008, 12:46 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
John Redman,

How about a legandary World War I trainer known as the Bucker Jungmeister....if E-Flite should announce the possibility of that one you will not be able to keep em on the shelves....an all time best for my Buddy and I and you can not get any in ARF.....Kits perhaps but, they are very expensive at least the 50 - 60 glow size.

Another one is the Bucker Jungmann comes a close 2nd.
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000