HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 17, 2008, 05:09 PM
Chesapeake Bay RC Club
USA, MD, Annapolis
Joined Feb 2005
4,828 Posts
I would not worry about some extra ounces on the Beaver. Its a big plane with plenty of wing area. You'll never notice 2.2 ounces in weight!
Gary
Gary Hoorn is online now Find More Posts by Gary Hoorn
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 17, 2008, 05:28 PM
Ustabee supported Unabomber
Ustabee supported Unabomber
Joined Sep 2006
1,192 Posts
That's why I'm going standard sized servos on the wings. John said no, but they appear to fit and it will save me about $100.
countrygentleman is offline Find More Posts by countrygentleman
Old Mar 17, 2008, 06:07 PM
Chesapeake Bay RC Club
USA, MD, Annapolis
Joined Feb 2005
4,828 Posts
Elevator Control Horn

Before installing the stabilizer check the elevator control horn and make sure the clevis will fit. Mine required drilling out. Easier to do before installing the stab.
Gary
Gary Hoorn is online now Find More Posts by Gary Hoorn
Old Mar 17, 2008, 06:07 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygentleman
That's why I'm going standard sized servos on the wings. John said no, but they appear to fit and it will save me about $100.
Amen Brother!
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
Old Mar 17, 2008, 06:08 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Hoorn
Before installing the stabilizer check the elevator control horn and make sure the clevis will fit. Mine required drilling out. Easier to do before installing the stab.
Gary
Thanks for the tip!!!
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
Old Mar 17, 2008, 06:23 PM
Ham Call Sign: KK4KGJ
United States, GA, Stone Mountain
Joined May 2006
2,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naval Warfare
Hey Joe! That extra 300 you sold me is a screamer! Great build man!
You're workmanship is awesome.
I almost bought the farm w/it cuz I'd forgotten my trv adj was at 150%.Whew! Had to tone those down.
BTW the ESC did the trick. Without it, the cc esc was smokin hot and would just shut down. Now, works great.Just fyi.
Thanks again, and I will definitely come out to your club.
Cool, glad that worked. Enjoy the Extra!

Joe
Buzz Bomb is offline Find More Posts by Buzz Bomb
Old Mar 17, 2008, 06:54 PM
United States, AR, Lavaca
Joined Aug 2002
68 Posts
where to buy Beavers

Modeltronics Hobby Traders in Van Buren AR 479-410-2863 has two of them in stock and does a big mail order business.
tlrascal is offline Find More Posts by tlrascal
Old Mar 17, 2008, 07:20 PM
Tree Hater
Howland, Ohio
Joined Jun 2004
729 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dora Nine
Wings aren't glued yet because I don't have servos. The floats are just smooth fiberglass.

And actually as a suggestion to Mr. Redman, It'd be nice to have small piece of each of the colors of Ultra Coat with each kit. I'd like some of the red to cover the gear plugs. But I'm not going to buy an entire roll of trim when I only need about three square inches. My Beaver is going to be a float plane only.

I have a couple of ARF's from Pacific Aeromodel (GB Y and Tigermoth) and they both came with a bit of matching covering material. NICE TOUCH! I haven't needed it yet (knock on wood) but it sure is nice having it. I think the kits are produced by Greenmodel RC.

Rick
zeuglodon is offline Find More Posts by zeuglodon
Old Mar 17, 2008, 08:28 PM
United States, TX, Kerrville
Joined Oct 2003
2,196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guapoman2000
Amen Brother!
Hay Everybody,

I toldya last week that Servo City had the HS225s on sale for ~$17.

CR
Charley38 is offline Find More Posts by Charley38
Old Mar 17, 2008, 09:05 PM
United States, TX, Kerrville
Joined Oct 2003
2,196 Posts
Warped wing panel!

Boy, am I ever glad I started on the wing! Got my servos mounted on the covers and was going to start on installing them in the wing panels. Got out the right panel out of the bag and laid it on my building table for some trial fitting. Decided to see if the control surfaces lined up at neutral. Nope! The flap is ~3/8" below the aileron where they meet, when each is aligned with the TE of the wing at root and tip respectively. It turns out after measurements were made that the wing panel is twisted; more than can be taken out by reheating the covering and twisting it back the other way. Checked the left panel and it's OK. Flap and aileron line up within a 32nd" or so.

I'll be on the 'phone to Horizon CS in the morning. Sure hope they have some replacement wing panels.

Suggest everyone check this out on their Beaver before they do a bunch of work on the wing.

Meanwhile, reckon I'll start on the tail.

CR
Charley38 is offline Find More Posts by Charley38
Old Mar 17, 2008, 09:11 PM
Screw the wind, let's fly!
Lawrenceville, Ga
Joined Feb 2008
2,722 Posts
Beaver tails

Just don't cut thru a spar with your dremel Charlie.
Naval Warfare is offline Find More Posts by Naval Warfare
Old Mar 17, 2008, 09:26 PM
Ohio
Joined May 2003
2,083 Posts
Now that would be a "hack", but we all know Charlie is no "hack". Bossy maybe, but certainly not a hack.

Has everyone found the 3mm set screw for the brass pushrod connector for the tail wheel? On page 38 in the manual is says your kit will use a 3mm set screw instead of the machine screw shown in the photo. Mine came with the machine screw and if used it will interfere with the rear cockpit floor. I scarfed a 3mm set screw from my MPJet wheel collars.

Ed
no stick is offline Find More Posts by no stick
Old Mar 17, 2008, 09:28 PM
Joined Jun 2006
153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary G
I don't have a lot of experience with different motors. Why did you choose this one over the E-flite 32? How does it differ?

Thanks, Gary
It does'nt differ except for the price 30.00 instead of 90.00
moogly is offline Find More Posts by moogly
Old Mar 17, 2008, 11:57 PM
Ohio
Joined May 2003
2,083 Posts
Hello John Redman. So when is this famous video you shot on the way to the Jet show going to be up on the Horizon site.

Ed
no stick is offline Find More Posts by no stick
Old Mar 18, 2008, 12:39 AM
Joined Sep 2006
502 Posts
Is anybody thinking of making this into a glow conversion?
DaveInLA is offline Find More Posts by DaveInLA