HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 16, 2008, 03:39 PM
Ham Call Sign: KK4KGJ
United States, GA, Stone Mountain
Joined May 2006
2,254 Posts
Got my 2nd Beaver today after my LHS's swap meet. So more pics to come soon.

Joe
Buzz Bomb is offline Find More Posts by Buzz Bomb
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 16, 2008, 05:28 PM
Arlington, TN
Joined May 2007
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milandrah

Joe
Can't wait to see it. I like seeing the builds...gives a lot of insight.
Millsdo is offline Find More Posts by Millsdo
Old Mar 16, 2008, 08:16 PM
Ohio
Joined May 2003
2,083 Posts
Finally got around to mounting the landing gear. They would just get in the way up until now. I stripped the threads using the short 3/8 inch 6-32 socket head screw. I re-tapped the threads and it worked because the bottom portion of the blind nut was ok. I suggest using 6-32 1/2 inch socket head screws as they go deeper into the blind nuts.

First effort on these larger planes. Looks like I will have to stock up on some hardware. Oh the fun.

Ed
no stick is offline Find More Posts by no stick
Old Mar 17, 2008, 08:29 AM
Screw the wind, let's fly!
Lawrenceville, Ga
Joined Feb 2008
2,722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milandrah

Joe
Hey Joe! That extra 300 you sold me is a screamer! Great build man!
You're workmanship is awesome.
I almost bought the farm w/it cuz I'd forgotten my trv adj was at 150%.Whew! Had to tone those down.
BTW the ESC did the trick. Without it, the cc esc was smokin hot and would just shut down. Now, works great.Just fyi.
Thanks again, and I will definitely come out to your club.
Naval Warfare is offline Find More Posts by Naval Warfare
Old Mar 17, 2008, 09:52 AM
Flirtin With Disaster !!
United States, OR, Mt Angel
Joined Jan 2008
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dora Nine
I hear yeah I have to drive about an hour to a good LHS myself. I have couple small ones near me that'll order pretty much whatever I want. As for things in stock, yeah not so much. Good luck with your plane. I'm pretty certain you are going to like it. I know I like mine.
Went in yesterday to my LHS to get some thread lock.... NO STOCK!
I can't do anything without it! It's the first thing you need! I'll never go back
You would think a town of over 200,000 people would have a decent hobby shop but nooooo... I have to drive 50 miles to get thread lock???
I'm having second thoughts I can put this model together
Glen
D.B. Hooper is offline Find More Posts by D.B. Hooper
Old Mar 17, 2008, 09:56 AM
Zzzt! Buzz! Click!
State of Confusion
Joined Jan 2004
1,616 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1Crash Tester
I can't do anything without it! It's the first thing you need! I'll never go back
You would think a town of over 200,000 people would have a decent hobby shop but nooooo... I have to drive 50 miles to get thread lock???
Glen
It may or may not be your LHS's fault. Distributors run out of stock, or are backordered from the manufactuer. I know in one instance, a particular plastic cement that I like has been backordered from the manufacturer for nearly a year (Ambroid liquid).

That said, you don't have an auto-supply store in your city of 200,000? Loktite blue is my thread-locker of choice, and it's cheap.
squidbait is offline Find More Posts by squidbait
Old Mar 17, 2008, 09:58 AM
Chesapeake Bay RC Club
USA, MD, Annapolis
Joined Feb 2005
4,892 Posts
Glen,
Any hardware store, Home Depot, Lowes etc. should have Blue Loctite. Often times less expensive than the LHS.
Gary
Gary Hoorn is online now Find More Posts by Gary Hoorn
Old Mar 17, 2008, 09:58 AM
Screw the wind, let's fly!
Lawrenceville, Ga
Joined Feb 2008
2,722 Posts
Quote:
Glen
Did you try an auto parts store? Wal mart?

You CAN do it!!! Nothing easy, is savored as much as a hard won challenge.
Naval Warfare is offline Find More Posts by Naval Warfare
Old Mar 17, 2008, 10:51 AM
Flirtin With Disaster !!
Joined Jan 2008
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidbait
It may or may not be your LHS's fault. Distributors run out of stock, or are backordered from the manufactuer. I know in one instance, a particular plastic cement that I like has been backordered from the manufacturer for nearly a year (Ambroid liquid).

That said, you don't have an auto-supply store in your city of 200,000? Loktite blue is my thread-locker of choice, and it's cheap.

In the last two months I've been in there at least 6 times for supplies this does not count the 10 times I called first before I went down there. I have left empty handed every time! No #64 rubber bands, no parts for a Super Cub, no batteries for Firebird commander 2 (uses the same batteries as SC, and many other park flyers) Deans connectors? nope, Plane stand? nope, battery charger? nope, 2 1/4 foam wheels? nope, Eflite Beaver ha ha ha nope! I won't go back! Besides all this the guy who runs the place is an Ahole.

I went to Lowe's to get thread lock last night and no one could find it! lol left without it.

Thanks to everyone for the help and encouraging words I shall press on!

off to the auto part store....
Glen
Old Mar 17, 2008, 11:24 AM
North Pole Ak
Joined Oct 2007
305 Posts
Got a wife/girlfriend or odd uncle? Finger nail polish works.
oewilson@acsal is offline Find More Posts by oewilson@acsal
Old Mar 17, 2008, 12:34 PM
Flirtin With Disaster !!
Joined Jan 2008
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oewilson@acsal
Got a wife/girlfriend or odd uncle? Finger nail polish works.

Have a wife/ girl friend/ they don't use it but my odd uncle does, he lives in SF and I don't like pink!

Got some at the local Auto store!

Glen
Old Mar 17, 2008, 01:05 PM
another MONSTER ?
Valencia, CA
Joined Jan 2008
3,733 Posts
Servos?

What HS servos are you folks using. 255bb?, 225mg? Anyone using Micro, instead of Mini? IE: HS82 (saves lots of weight x6)

Thanks, Gary
One Six Right is offline Find More Posts by One Six Right
Old Mar 17, 2008, 01:48 PM
Arlington, TN
Joined May 2007
20 Posts
Quote:
In the last two months I've been in there at least 6 times for supplies this does not count the 10 times I called first before I went down there. I have left empty handed every time! No #64 rubber bands, no parts for a Super Cub, no batteries for Firebird commander 2 (uses the same batteries as SC, and many other park flyers) Deans connectors? nope, Plane stand? nope, battery charger? nope, 2 1/4 foam wheels? nope, Eflite Beaver ha ha ha nope! I won't go back! Besides all this the guy who runs the place is an Ahole.

I went to Lowe's to get thread lock last night and no one could find it! lol left without it.

Thanks to everyone for the help and encouraging words I shall press on!

off to the auto part store....
Glen
I bought some at Lowe's...it was in Plumbing of all places. With the adhesives and glues. Go figure...
Millsdo is offline Find More Posts by Millsdo
Old Mar 17, 2008, 02:40 PM
Flirtin With Disaster !!
Joined Jan 2008
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millsdo
I bought some at Lowe's...it was in Plumbing of all places. With the adhesives and glues. Go figure...
They sent me to the paint section, when I got there the two kids working looked at like I was crazy
Anyway I have everything I need now, or do I I'll bet I can mount the wheels today now that I have my very own ball driver thingy.
Glen
Old Mar 17, 2008, 02:51 PM
Joined Nov 2005
1,918 Posts
Gary, I got the HS-225BB with 54 oz torque, but I notice the HS82 has about 42 oz torque, and would save 2.2 oz over six servos!
tclaridge is offline Find More Posts by tclaridge