HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 10, 2008, 06:18 PM
Ustabee supported Unabomber
Joined Sep 2006
1,192 Posts
My LHS bailed me out on this one. They had several in stock. Not claimed for may I add. Oh well, I got the Beaver and that's all that matters to me. Was the price on all yours $149.99 like mine was?

Chris
countrygentleman is offline Find More Posts by countrygentleman
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 10, 2008, 07:09 PM
Joined Sep 2006
1,192 Posts
Okay, question regarding mounding the Power 32, do those aluminum spacers come with the motor or the plane? Or will I need to be buy them? To me the plane feels some what hollow and very light. Should fly well. The landing gear doesn't fit real well but I'll live with it.
Old Mar 10, 2008, 07:34 PM
United States, TX, Kerrville
Joined Oct 2003
2,255 Posts
Sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Hoorn
On a plane the size of the Beaver a few more ounces should make little or no difference. The Benedini system is so tempting. Holding off on ordering one until I have the Beaver in hand and determine just where and how the system could be mounted.
Gary
Weighs 8 0z. They show the speaker right behind the motor in their example. You planning on float flying?

CR
Charley38 is offline Find More Posts by Charley38
Old Mar 10, 2008, 08:36 PM
Cumming Ga
Joined Apr 2002
2,896 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millsdo
Ordered mine from Atlanta Hobby a month or two ago...I hope they shipped it. Somehow it doesn't seem likely even though the website shows in stock.
Don't have data from my home computer but we shipped a big load today and will ship another load on Thursday this week.
Cliff
atlav8r is offline Find More Posts by atlav8r
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 10, 2008, 08:47 PM
Is it summer yet?
Flight Level 46 X 92
Joined Feb 2002
2,000 Posts
Ahh, CG. Went to Sky?? Going to have two?
gouda is offline Find More Posts by gouda
Old Mar 10, 2008, 09:04 PM
obey gravity, it's the law
USA, IL, Rockford
Joined Nov 2005
430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygentleman
Okay, question regarding mounding the Power 32, do those aluminum spacers come with the motor or the plane? Or will I need to be buy them? To me the plane feels some what hollow and very light. Should fly well. The landing gear doesn't fit real well but I'll live with it.

The spacers are in the spinner package, I believe with the 32 you will need the longer of the two sizes.
I have the same issue with the landing gear. I purchased some rubber strip designed for cockpit coaming (covering the edges) I am hoping this will clean it up a bit
Flying glass is offline Find More Posts by Flying glass
Old Mar 10, 2008, 09:06 PM
USA
Joined Dec 2004
1,305 Posts
Lhs

My LHS got my Beaver in today. I'll pick it up Friday. Can't wait to get started on it. It will be one of my main flyers for the next flying season.
Iflyrc_vic is offline Find More Posts by Iflyrc_vic
Old Mar 10, 2008, 09:11 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iflyrc_vic
My LHS got my Beaver in today. I'll pick it up Friday. Can't wait to get started on it. It will be one of my main flyers for the next flying season.
Excuse me???

Today is Monday...I live in Central Florida so, it's still Monday

I hope "your" Model will still be there on "Friday"!!
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
Old Mar 10, 2008, 09:23 PM
Joined Sep 2006
1,192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying glass
The spacers are in the spinner package, I believe with the 32 you will need the longer of the two sizes.
I have the same issue with the landing gear. I purchased some rubber strip designed for cockpit coaming (covering the edges) I am hoping this will clean it up a bit
Okay, so just to verify, spacers are in the spinner package in the DeHavilland Beaver box?
Old Mar 10, 2008, 09:41 PM
Arlington, TN
Joined May 2007
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlav8r
Don't have data from my home computer but we shipped a big load today and will ship another load on Thursday this week.
Cliff
Awesome Cliff...thanks for the info!
Millsdo is offline Find More Posts by Millsdo
Old Mar 10, 2008, 10:11 PM
Chesapeake Bay RC Club
USA, MD, Annapolis
Joined Feb 2005
4,886 Posts
CR,
My Beaver will be land based unless I can hook up with some friends who own a boat. I would need a retrieval vehicle if something goes wrong. The bay and the rivers around here are very large.
Gary
Gary Hoorn is offline Find More Posts by Gary Hoorn
Old Mar 10, 2008, 10:14 PM
Ohio
Joined May 2003
2,083 Posts
I decided to install my 60 amp BP Products ESC on the firewall above the motor mounts using vecro to hold it. See pic. There is not enough room due to the heat sink to install it on the battery bay extending into the cowl. It is still in line with cooling. Can anyone forsee a problem? I can move it no problem. Going to paint the firewall black and the inside of the cowl black to hide everything.

Ed
no stick is offline Find More Posts by no stick
Last edited by no stick; Mar 21, 2008 at 07:50 AM.
Old Mar 10, 2008, 11:39 PM
Every flight is a maiden!
USA, CA, Fairfield
Joined Jul 2007
880 Posts
Yes, my E-flite Beaver has 2 sets of aluminum spacers in the box with the spinner.

I'm building mine with an eflite power 32, CC 60 Amp ESC, UBEC, and 6 Hitec 225 Metal Gear Servos. The free cockpit was a nice touch. I wasn't aware of the spinner option until I read the manual, it looks kind of nice and will provide much better cooling so I plan to go with the Spinner option and not use the dummy motor.

I havent decided on a battery yet, I have an Evo 30 4500 mAh 4S battery, I haven't checked to see if it fits in the battery compartment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygentleman
Okay, so just to verify, spacers are in the spinner package in the DeHavilland Beaver box?
johnm15141 is offline Find More Posts by johnm15141
Old Mar 11, 2008, 06:41 AM
Screw the wind, let's fly!
Lawrenceville, Ga
Joined Feb 2008
2,722 Posts
cowling

How'd you all go about getting the cowl on. What a pitb! I cant get a hex straight enough to get the bolts to line in right.I'm having to angle in due to the lip on the cowl, and it aint doing so hot. Help!I still dont have it right. Any suggestions??
Naval Warfare is offline Find More Posts by Naval Warfare
Old Mar 11, 2008, 08:33 AM
Ohio
Joined May 2003
2,083 Posts
Instructions call for a ball driver. I use vasoline to keep the hex head cap screw on the ball driver.

Ed
no stick is offline Find More Posts by no stick