HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 26, 2008, 03:34 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,045 Posts
Oh John,
I don't go to bars any more. Women are way too fast for me, besides I have been married far too long to start looking again. I have been dry since 1988 and each and ever day is another step down a long road. The Dr. said I was going to die in 88 and so I have proven him wrong and the people I have met in this hobby are some of the best people I have ever met.

So John, keep bringing out the planes, I love to make choices, now and then they are difficult, to say the least, but since choices are always necessary, I love to have the problem of deciding.

I also think the new trainer you pointed out in this thread will make a great plane of a fellow who wants to learn to fly. Then he can get a rec for the plane he built and be all set to go.

Thanks for the life lesson. It is a great time to be alive.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Honor, MI.
Conehead is online now Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TRAMPS Air Show, 28-June 2014
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 27, 2008, 09:33 PM
Mahomet, IL
Joined Oct 2005
1,114 Posts
I totally understand your statements Orrin. Women and alcohol is way to fast and hard on me to even consider any more. Good to see you are writing the new medical book and showing the doctors that we are here to live and fly.

I'll keep pumping them out and you kepp pushing me to give you one at the events. Who knows, maybe one day my van will be full and you'll have to take one home.

John
John Redman is offline Find More Posts by John Redman
Old Jan 29, 2008, 08:54 PM
Joined Oct 2007
230 Posts
905JR,

Hmm... I have also been craving a scale civilian aircraft but the Beaver isn't it. I really would love to see a Cessna 172 or 182 in this size... after all, virtually every civilian pilot trained on a 172 or is currently flying or own a 182 variant. : ) How about it JR? Flaps too would be good, and an E-flite first: an optional lighting system including a landing light controlled by an AUX channel. I know you guys can do it. I even got a full featured and super light weight lighting system in my HZ Super Cub:

Super Cub Night Life - HZ Super Cub with LiGlow lights (3 min 29 sec)

- K
Khatsalano is offline Find More Posts by Khatsalano
Last edited by Khatsalano; Jan 29, 2008 at 09:12 PM.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 09:28 PM
Joined Oct 2007
230 Posts
Here John, I even found you the color scheme for the E-flite Cessna 172 25e you'll be making for my enjoyment this Spring 2008. : )

http://www.nywg.cap.gov/seg/N9828Llowbest.jpg

- K
Khatsalano is offline Find More Posts by Khatsalano
Old Jan 30, 2008, 12:43 AM
Fly it like you stole it..
Florence, Al
Joined Oct 2000
29,301 Posts
Ugh.. A CAP Scheme.. I really hope they don't do that..

I'd like to see a nice C-180..
Tram is offline Find More Posts by Tram
Old Jan 30, 2008, 07:15 AM
Is it summer yet?
Flight Level 46 X 92
Joined Feb 2002
2,000 Posts
Just take the big Hanger 9 Cessna and scale it down a bit. Include a interior kit and lighting...wow. About a 60-62 inch span...Here's my wallet...<<<, my 401K and my kids inheritance.
gouda is offline Find More Posts by gouda
Old Jan 30, 2008, 07:46 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,045 Posts
I am not sure if they will do any Cessna plane. Somewhere I read that John said, the royalties for Cessna were way too much if I remember right. I don't know if it was way back in this thread, or over in the Parkfliers thread on the Taylorcraft 450. So who knows.

I know John checks this thread and others that have their products on them and I am sure that he will reply at some point.

I am sure that they are getting ready for E-Fest which is only a hop skip and a jump from the Armory, but to get the whole thing organized takes more than a day to do.

Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Honor, MI.
Conehead is online now Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Conehead; Jan 30, 2008 at 07:47 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Jan 30, 2008, 08:44 PM
Ustabee supported Unabomber
Ustabee supported Unabomber
Joined Sep 2006
1,192 Posts
There's just nothing special about a Cessna. The only thing it has going for it is that it is the most commonly used airplane. Other than that, nothing. Not good looks.
countrygentleman is offline Find More Posts by countrygentleman
Old Jan 31, 2008, 06:36 AM
Reserved Parking
Joined Jun 2004
926 Posts
If they do a cessna they should make it yellow...so it can look like yet another cub.
P-51C is offline Find More Posts by P-51C
Old Jan 31, 2008, 07:24 AM
Is it summer yet?
Flight Level 46 X 92
Joined Feb 2002
2,000 Posts
We all have different tastes.... I like modern era Cessnas and classic Cubs, but dislike Pipers and other low wing civil types. I'd like a Cirrus or other modern civil types. That's why we're individuals..
gouda is offline Find More Posts by gouda
Old Jan 31, 2008, 10:43 AM
Zzzt! Buzz! Click!
State of Confusion
Joined Jan 2004
1,616 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conehead
Somewhere I read that John said, the royalties for Cessna were way too much if I remember right.
It's more likely that the royalties are steep, rather than too much. If they were "too much", then I don't think Parkzone would have done the Micro Cessna . The box is printed with the official Cessna logo and everything.
squidbait is offline Find More Posts by squidbait
Old Jan 31, 2008, 10:58 AM
Chesapeake Bay RC Club
USA, MD, Annapolis
Joined Feb 2005
4,886 Posts
Are there Beaver videos available?
Gary
Gary Hoorn is online now Find More Posts by Gary Hoorn
Old Jan 31, 2008, 07:40 PM
Norman, OK
Joined Jan 2005
695 Posts
Don't forget, E-flite has already done a licensed Cessna 182 parkflyer. That particular ARF got a lot of bad reviews in terms of quality, and I'm not sure it sold very well... I'm sure E-flite could do much better this time around.
JustinG is offline Find More Posts by JustinG
Old Jan 31, 2008, 07:51 PM
Yes, "that" Karl...
Canada, BC, Burnaby
Joined Mar 2007
1,680 Posts
Quote:
Are there Beaver videos available?
Of the plane?

Sorry.

Karl
karl k is offline Find More Posts by karl k
Last edited by karl k; Jan 31, 2008 at 08:03 PM.
Old Feb 01, 2008, 08:05 AM
Mahomet, IL
Joined Oct 2005
1,114 Posts
We are still under 14 inches of snow. When the weather is conducive to getting video, we will get it up for you guys.

Also the royalties for Cessna are staggering. These do play a part because it cost you the consumer a higher price tag on the model.

John
John Redman is offline Find More Posts by John Redman