HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 24, 2008, 08:14 AM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,023 Posts
Will you have the Beaver at E-Fest in Feb on display?

I know why everyone wanted John to come south to take video of the Beaver on floats. They were hoping that John would "forget" to take the Beaver back to IL with him and then they could be the First to have one in their area. Great Idea, but as I found out at the JR-Indoor Festival, John always has room for the plane when going home. I tried and tried to get him to leave the Taylorcraft there, but no luck, so I doubt that he would "forget" to take the Beaver back.

I wonder what is next for John and his group to bring out. How about some hints so we can either get a bigger hanger, mine is 16 feet long, 7 feet wide, tandem axel, taller than I am and needs a pickup to pull it. I just don't want to have to conversation with the wife that "I need a bigger hanger" because it will never happen. I might have to end up living in my "hanger". I will have to get rid of some planes first. Would be nice to know what is in store for us in the future.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Honor, MI
Conehead is online now Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TRAMPS Air Show, 28-June 2014
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 24, 2008, 10:05 PM
Mahomet, IL
Joined Oct 2005
1,114 Posts
Hey Orrin, it is hard to let go of these great flying models.

We just went live with a new one that I have been working on pretty hard for the last few months.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=EFL4800

Check it out. Great flying first trainer, or take off the NACA droops and add a flap servo and this plane rocks the house. Of course you need to like the T-34, but overall we love this plane.

John
John Redman is offline Find More Posts by John Redman
Old Jan 24, 2008, 10:37 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Redman
Hey Orrin, it is hard to let go of these great flying models.

We just went live with a new one that I have been working on pretty hard for the last few months.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=EFL4800

Check it out. Great flying first trainer, or take off the NACA droops and add a flap servo and this plane rocks the house. Of course you need to like the T-34, but overall we love this plane.

John
John,

You have no Mercy on our wallets.......placing more RC Models on sale at eBay to raise more funds to buy this upcoming model and support your company.
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
Old Jan 25, 2008, 06:12 AM
Mahomet, IL
Joined Oct 2005
1,114 Posts
Sorry, but as I tell the kids I coach in little league softball and baseball - "Show no mercy, take no prisoners, and play the best you can". Same applies here.

Enjoy guys!!

John
Old Jan 25, 2008, 09:18 AM
Joined Nov 2006
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Redman
Sorry, but as I tell the kids I coach in little league softball and baseball - "Show no mercy, take no prisoners, and play the best you can". Same applies here.

Enjoy guys!!

John

John, any chance this plane comes in a PnP version in the future? Is this an update of the Hangar 9 T-34. I know E-flite and Hangar 9 belongs to a family of companies so I though I ask.
cat24825 is offline Find More Posts by cat24825
Old Jan 25, 2008, 09:33 AM
Mahomet, IL
Joined Oct 2005
1,114 Posts
Time will tell. We routinely do not discuss our future plans but we do listen.

It is not an update from the Hangar 9 T-34, the entire structure is different. I started with a clean slate when I began the drawings for this model. We did have some concerns that people would think they were the same. Not one part interchanges between them. They are close in size and both fly very well.

John
Old Jan 25, 2008, 09:46 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
John,

Thank you for your replies!

Man...can't wait to fly and enjoy these larger sized "SCALE" RC ARF's!
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
Old Jan 25, 2008, 12:01 PM
The sky is my playground.
United States, NH
Joined May 2005
7,628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BARNESJONR
Did I miss somebody mentioning it here ... looks like there will be a cockpit kit for the Beaver!

Excellent!
Dora Nine is online now Find More Posts by Dora Nine
Old Jan 25, 2008, 08:56 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,023 Posts
Ok John,
oh no, my wallet is getting deleted quickly. It is not fair. So many good planes, so little time and money.

How about an twin float plane, like the Coast Guard big flying boat that flew here in Traverse City during the Cherry Festival. I will bring pictures of it to E-Fest.

Gosh John, you want me to work two or maybe three part time jobs to pay for my planes. I can only fly one plane at a time. I still have to get my Taylorcraft together, been building some foam profile Wildcats indoor flyers and outdoors when the wind dies in the evening.
I guess it is like this, you can't have too many planes.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Honor, MI
Conehead is online now Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TRAMPS Air Show, 28-June 2014
Old Jan 26, 2008, 07:30 AM
Mahomet, IL
Joined Oct 2005
1,114 Posts
Even though you might need to get a part time job or two to pay for allof the new E-flite planes that ar coming out, it is still cheaper than if you are chasing women around the bars. And as far as I am concerned, a little easier.

John
Old Jan 26, 2008, 07:32 AM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,580 Posts
Though our Mrs. may get a little angry at our spending habits on this stuff, I think most of them probably prefer us to be passionate about this hobby than "that" one?
Bajora is online now Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Vaterra Ford Raptor with AVC
Old Jan 26, 2008, 07:36 AM
Zzzt! Buzz! Click!
State of Confusion
Joined Jan 2004
1,616 Posts
... and they're still cheaper than golf!
squidbait is offline Find More Posts by squidbait
Old Jan 26, 2008, 08:41 AM
Yes, "that" Karl...
Canada, BC, Burnaby
Joined Mar 2007
1,680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidbait
... and they're still cheaper than golf!
I came to that conclusion real quick!

My Bro-in-law still golfs. I started with him, but soon decided it is nice to go to the pitch and putt the odd time. I can't get over having to spend upwards of $50 to play a full size course.

Most of my outings to the field cost nothing!!

I just have the initial investment of planes ($undisclosed, but you understand), the yearly cost of insurance ($75) and my club fees ($45).

Unless I pile in a plane, I'll get years of fun out of it with just the yearly fees to contend with.

Karl
karl k is offline Find More Posts by karl k
Old Jan 26, 2008, 09:01 AM
Joined Nov 2005
1,812 Posts
John, that Mentor looks great! I love the size and detail. Now that we have the trainers out of the way, how about some Battle of Britain classics: Hurricane and Me-109?
tclaridge is offline Find More Posts by tclaridge
Old Jan 26, 2008, 09:11 AM
Joined Sep 2004
33 Posts
Where can I buy this model beaver in europe?

thanks
cosimo is offline Find More Posts by cosimo