HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 26, 2009, 12:42 AM
Joined Jan 2009
20 Posts
A123 batteries

please exuse my ignorance, Im not famliar with A123 batteries. What is the voltage of each cell? I thought they were the same as lipo's.
airelectric is offline Find More Posts by airelectric
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2009, 05:34 PM
United States, ME, Waterville
Joined Nov 2008
32 Posts
What are your flight times with the A123s? Is it with or without floats? Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1Crash Tester
Both 4SA123 and 5sA123 will work. The 5SA123 would be great with floats. You will need to modify the battery box as it's to narrow. I use both in mine with the 60amp E-flite ESC.
kman400 is offline Find More Posts by kman400
Old Jan 26, 2009, 07:27 PM
Flirtin With Disaster !!
United States, OR, Mt Angel
Joined Jan 2008
1,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman400
What are your flight times with the A123s? Is it with or without floats? Thanks!
I'm flying with wheels and getting around 15mins with the 5S not much less with the 4S. Full charge voltage is 3.6 on the A123. I also fly with a 4S 3200 lipo and get around the same flight times. The nice thing about the A123 is the 15min charge time.
D.B. Hooper is offline Find More Posts by D.B. Hooper
Old Jan 26, 2009, 09:15 PM
United States, ME, Waterville
Joined Nov 2008
32 Posts
That sounds just fine with me! I saw you A123 pack in some pics you had posted. Why did you put the 5 cell pointed back making the pack longer than it has too be? Would it work/fit if I added the 5 cell to one end with the 5 cell sideways? Thanks for the help!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1Crash Tester
I'm flying with wheels and getting around 15mins with the 5S not much less with the 4S. Full charge voltage is 3.6 on the A123. I also fly with a 4S 3200 lipo and get around the same flight times. The nice thing about the A123 is the 15min charge time.
kman400 is offline Find More Posts by kman400
Old Jan 27, 2009, 09:34 AM
What stalls falls
Joined Jul 2006
1,825 Posts
Warning-questionable quality clevises

FYI

I have replaced the critical control surface clevises with quality ones after 3 of my included clevises suddenly broke when trying to detach them from the control horn.
Ta152 is offline Find More Posts by Ta152
Old Jan 28, 2009, 08:18 AM
United States, TX, Kerrville
Joined Oct 2003
2,274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman400
That sounds just fine with me! I saw you A123 pack in some pics you had posted. Why did you put the 5 cell pointed back making the pack longer than it has too be? Would it work/fit if I added the 5 cell to one end with the 5 cell sideways? Thanks for the help!!!
Can you give me a link to the pics? I searched and didn't find them.

Thanks,

CR
Charley38 is offline Find More Posts by Charley38
Old Jan 28, 2009, 03:54 PM
Surrey, BC, Canada
Joined Feb 2007
457 Posts
I had replaced all of my clevises too. Good idea. Also rehinged the flaps so they would operate properly.
Gerry B is offline Find More Posts by Gerry B
Old Jan 28, 2009, 10:04 PM
What stalls falls
Joined Jul 2006
1,825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry B
I had replaced all of my clevises too. Good idea. Also re-hinged the flaps so they would operate properly.
I too have trouble with my left flap not going all the way up and need to work on that problem. How did you get hinges loose?
Larry
Ta152 is offline Find More Posts by Ta152
Old Feb 03, 2009, 09:02 AM
Joined Jun 2008
216 Posts
Real Flight Beaver

Hi,

I just got the expansion pack 5 for Real Flight and have been trying the Beaver in it.

Does the E-flite Beaver fly anything like the one in Real Flight? Because the one in Real Flight flies like a dream - it just floats and yet also feels like it is riding on rails. It is also one of the easiest float planes to land in water. I wonder if the Real Flight model is realistic.

Anybody with the E-flite Beaver try the Real Flight model?
capadotia is offline Find More Posts by capadotia
Old Feb 08, 2009, 02:45 PM
Grass Valley California
Joined Jun 2004
2,469 Posts
Resurected the Beaver yesterday.

flying on long grass and I had flipped and broke the rudder, got a new on from Horizon.
Needed the ESC for a new project and finally got a new one.

I reduced the throw on full flap, it was a bit pitch sensative and balooned when I flaired for landing.

so nice and the flaps worked perfectly, just a little throttle to flair and the wheels just kissed the grass, sweet,

Still a great looking model and fly's so nice, half flaps and low and slow fly by's hit the power loops,rolls and stall turns.

Dennis
Dennis C is offline Find More Posts by Dennis C
Old Feb 17, 2009, 07:13 AM
Weathers Good, Gotta Go Fly
Stevenage, Hertfordshire, UK
Joined Jul 2008
385 Posts
Hi guys, Great thread I hope to maiden mine today. But if you are a Beaver fan try this link to the aircraft e-flite based th model on http://www.dhc-2.com/id138.htm
The man behind this site is a certifyable Beaver nut but it'll give you all the scale detail info you'll need.

Richard
Richard Stokes is offline Find More Posts by Richard Stokes
Old Feb 17, 2009, 09:44 AM
Triple boxed goodness!
United Kingdom, Doncaster
Joined Sep 2008
1,552 Posts
so did you maiden her, how did it go?
simon737 is offline Find More Posts by simon737
Old Feb 17, 2009, 12:20 PM
Joined Jul 2008
385 Posts
Simon, I've had better days at the field
Pictures to follow.
I made that sound bad didn't I, well its not that bad.

Richard
Old Feb 17, 2009, 04:49 PM
Joined Jul 2008
385 Posts
Right, Simon, got the pics for you as you con see it's realy not that bad the other damage was one wing screw broken and one wing strut pulled off it's end. Oh well shouldn't take long to fix.
But the good news is this didn't happen untill the third flight and I can report that the first two flights were up to the high standards I expected.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 06:17 PM
United States, NY, Manlius
Joined Apr 2008
95 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Stokes
Right, Simon, got the pics for you as you con see it's realy not that bad the other damage was one wing screw broken and one wing strut pulled off it's end. Oh well shouldn't take long to fix.
But the good news is this didn't happen untill the third flight and I can report that the first two flights were up to the high standards I expected.

Richard;

Looks to have been an impact issue (light pole/landing?). You say it flys OK....Any surprises?...You seem to have done a nice job of preparing her for flight...I hope to maiden within a couple of weeks...Your insight is appreciated.

I hope your fixes are easy and quick!

Jerry
Sleddog is offline Find More Posts by Sleddog