SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 28, 2008, 01:50 PM
The sky is my playground.
United States, NH
Joined May 2005
7,713 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillPTC
Getting ready to put front floor and pilot into cockpit,had used Velcro so I can get it out to be able to have access to landing gear bolts. Put the setup on existing floor and found outfit is sitting too low. OPPS!!
If I use rails to attach floor to, then can not get the floor and pilot in and out.
Has someone found a solution yet
Thanks
Bill PTC

You could reinforce the floor with some balsa and use some rare earth magnets to hold in place?? For me, I won't be using the landing gear so I just tacked my floor in with a few drops of CA.
Dora Nine is online now Find More Posts by Dora Nine
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 29, 2008, 12:02 AM
Joined Nov 2005
1,946 Posts
Tail control Rod and Servos

Here is my servo installation using HS 225s. The servo arm lengths listed give the max throw per the manual, then dual rates will get the lower setting. Distance is measured from center of servo arm screw to center of hole at the end of the servo arm:

Elevator: 15 mm
Rudder: 19 mm
Tail Wheel: 13.5 mm

You can see the bend in the tail wheel control rod at the wheel end to get some clearance, and I did a little dremel work to help with binding too like some other posts mentioned.
tclaridge is online now Find More Posts by tclaridge
Old May 03, 2008, 11:40 AM
Peachtree City, GA
Joined Nov 2001
75 Posts
Dora Nine;
Thanks for input. I put in four post and velcro on the corners and velco on pilot ant it worked. Looks like I can getto the landing gear scewa with out removing the front floor. Trick will be getting them back in but magnets work
Thanks
Bill PTC
BillPTC is offline Find More Posts by BillPTC
Old May 03, 2008, 01:54 PM
United States, NH
Joined May 2005
7,713 Posts
POSSIBLE PLATINUM SERIES PLANE IS A TWIN OTTER.... See pics in SEEF photo thread. Looks pretty nice. Be sure to tell E-Flite if you like it.
Old May 03, 2008, 02:03 PM
Ustabee supported Unabomber
Joined Sep 2006
1,192 Posts
Looks really cool. I like it. Don't know where I should direct that statement for it to have any influence.
countrygentleman is offline Find More Posts by countrygentleman
Old May 03, 2008, 04:19 PM
Rsetiegerd Uesr
USA, AR, Cave Springs
Joined Apr 2005
3,082 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygentleman
Looks really cool. I like it. Don't know where I should direct that statement for it to have any influence.
I would imagine just let John see the post.. he reads this thread so that should do it. Personally I would REALLY like to have a twin otter and this one looks real nice. With two power 25s it will require a large investment for me in batteries. If it were smaller, I could say I would absolutely buy one. At the size that it is, I will seriously consider it.

-Jay
CyberJay is offline Find More Posts by CyberJay
Old May 03, 2008, 05:42 PM
United States, NH
Joined May 2005
7,713 Posts
I would also imagine that if you IM-ed him or called E-Flite--that could help.
Old May 03, 2008, 11:33 PM
Mahomet, IL
Joined Oct 2005
1,114 Posts
Hey guys,

it is 11:30 Saturday night in the hotel room. The Twin Otter is a nice bird. Just testing the waters with it to see what the response is. Can say either way at the moment.

John
John Redman is offline Find More Posts by John Redman
Old May 03, 2008, 11:50 PM
It actually Flies!
Salmon Arm, British Columbia, Canada
Joined Feb 2006
548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Redman
Hey guys,

it is 11:30 Saturday night in the hotel room. The Twin Otter is a nice bird. Just testing the waters with it to see what the response is. Can say either way at the moment.

John
Did some one say twin otter? I will prepay anything right now!

Float Flyer
Float Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Float Flyer
Old May 04, 2008, 12:20 AM
North Pole Ak
Joined Oct 2007
305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Redman
Hey guys,

John

Cat's out of the bag.If your dont someone else will.
oewilson@acsal is offline Find More Posts by oewilson@acsal
Old May 04, 2008, 10:26 AM
Joined Sep 2006
1,192 Posts
Hey guys, to help organize the support that this plane will undoubtedly bring I made a new thread for it so people can show their support in an organized manner.

E-Flite Twin Otter Thread
countrygentleman is offline Find More Posts by countrygentleman
Old May 04, 2008, 11:00 AM
Ohio
Joined May 2003
2,083 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dora Nine
POSSIBLE PLATINUM SERIES PLANE IS A TWIN OTTER.... See pics in SEEF photo thread. Looks pretty nice. Be sure to tell E-Flite if you like it.
Hey, I bought up the idea of an Eflite Otter in the Beaver thread II on April 11, here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=125

I like the twin Otter idea better though.

You can't beat two guardian Otters.

Ed
no stick is offline Find More Posts by no stick
Old May 04, 2008, 05:09 PM
Screw the wind, let's fly!
Lawrenceville, Ga
Joined Feb 2008
2,722 Posts
no respect

You also gave me the black firewall idea. You just aint getting your ups like you should no stick. I appreciate ya!
Naval Warfare is offline Find More Posts by Naval Warfare
Old May 04, 2008, 06:44 PM
Central Lake, Michigan
Joined Dec 2002
1,414 Posts
Well, I'm going to change out the HS-81's used for the elevator and rudder for HS-225BB as I feel more secure with those. Also found out my Rxcr has an intermittent so I have to change that out as well. Now have a Berg 7 on order at LHS. Going to add some details now that most of the plane is finished. Oh yeah, gotta remove that 4S pack that's stuck in the battery bay......grrr, it looks like I'll have to do some wood removal. This Polyquest pack is quite thick for a 20C 3800, it just barely fits inside and I have to remove those two finger holes.
Tested the motor the other day and had good results with the Axi 2826-10 and 4S pack: 10X7 APCE: 37A @530 watts or there abouts. Plenty for this plane even with floats.
The ESC is the Hyperion 50 with switchmode BEC rated at 4A so running 6 servos should not pose a problem.
A curious thing happened while reprograming the ESC for a 4S pack: the elevator servo went full lock to one side and stripped some of the gears. I've never seen that happen before and can't figure out why. Anyway it's agood thing I keep some spare gears for the HS-81's. I use a lot of them .
cheers
jollyroger is offline Find More Posts by jollyroger
Old May 04, 2008, 09:20 PM
Ohio
Joined May 2003
2,083 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naval Warfare
You also gave me the black firewall idea. You just aint getting your ups like you should no stick. I appreciate ya!
Tks Naval,

Hey, are you still in the market for some 4s Lipo? Looks like True RC is stocking them again. 4000 mAh rated at 40 amps for $82.00. ETA is 3rd week of May.

Keep your float tips up. Hey, where's that crappy video you said you did?

Ed
no stick is offline Find More Posts by no stick