HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 15, 2008, 01:05 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Make no mistake....the DHC Beaver has a very large following ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNuTAukrpzo
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
Last edited by guapoman2000; Jan 15, 2008 at 01:11 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 15, 2008, 01:51 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Lack Luster Comments from a few....

For those that are posting some rather lack luster comments on this fine looking Beaver from E-Flite then, you are welcomed to go and buy this one, also create your own thread and complain about the looks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/de-Havilland-BEA...QQcmdZViewItem
Old Jan 15, 2008, 03:55 PM
United States, CA, Garden Grove
Joined Oct 2000
11,949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygentleman
I wonder what'll power this thing. Do you think this could be flown in a larger residential park? I'm talking two soccer fields, softball field, baseball field, basketball court, and tennis court. Assuming you get it up over the few trees, would it be a smart idea? Or will this be too large? I shudder at the thought of it going down by someone's house.
You need to fly this size model in about a football field sized area for safety and enjoyment although you could fly it in a somewhat smaller area once you get good with it.
E-Challenged is online now Find More Posts by E-Challenged
Old Jan 15, 2008, 03:56 PM
Mahomet, IL
Joined Oct 2005
1,114 Posts
I was not a big fan of the Pawnee as well. Niether the Pawnee or the Beaver are my cup of tea. The Pawnee was from another one of our developers, but I did support it through the process to make it a ncie bird whne it hit the shelves. Keep in mind my job is not about what I like, but what we believe the market wants. We can only do a few, I wish we could punch out 20 a year, it would be awesome.

I am more of a warbird (fighter guy) at heart, anything else is just a target. We will keep them coming, one at a time.

As I said earlier, the Beaver has really grown on me since I began the project. I understand why guys like the bird so much.

John

John
John Redman is offline Find More Posts by John Redman
Old Jan 15, 2008, 04:10 PM
Will fly for food
Maryland
Joined Sep 2004
8,424 Posts
Pawnee makes a good scale tow plane for aero towing gliders. Lots of full scale fileds use them for towing.
Pinecone is offline Find More Posts by Pinecone
Old Jan 15, 2008, 04:16 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecone
Pawnee makes a good scale tow plane for aero towing gliders. Lots of full scale fileds use them for towing.
Yeah, with some plumbing under the wings the Pawnee can give a In-Flight Wash Job before the tow line is released.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 09:40 PM
Ham Call Sign: KK4KGJ
United States, GA, Stone Mountain
Joined May 2006
2,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guapoman2000
For those that are posting some rather lack luster comments on this fine looking Beaver from E-Flite then, you are welcomed to go and buy this one, also create your own thread and complain about the looks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/de-Havilland-BEA...QQcmdZViewItem
Wow! Who said bad things about the way the E Flite Beaver looked? I think it's the best electric Beaver I've seen.
Buzz Bomb is offline Find More Posts by Buzz Bomb
Old Jan 15, 2008, 10:23 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milandrah
Wow! Who said bad things about the way the E Flite Beaver looked? I think it's the best electric Beaver I've seen.
Good, I am glad

So you agree that this new E-Flite Beaver comes at a time when there seems like no one presently has a Scale Detailed Beaver of this size anywhere until E-Flite came in and accepted the challenge, right?

Of course presently we see pictures and those pictures are great!

Perhaps it was my poor eyes and I might be mistaken about some rather comments that might be leaning towards some negativity without the benefit of holding the model as of yet.

Great that you agree.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 10:48 PM
Joined May 2006
2,254 Posts
I'd like to see a video of the thing. That would tell me a lot about what I want to know. I think it's a fine looking Beaver.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 10:58 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milandrah
I'd like to see a video of the thing. That would tell me a lot about what I want to know. I think it's a fine looking Beaver.
I have not seen one yet....however, hree's the Instruction Manual:

http://www.hobbyzone.com/documents/EFL4525-manual.pdf
Old Jan 15, 2008, 11:13 PM
Joined May 2006
2,254 Posts
After looking at that manual, I must say this is a must have plane. Can't wait to get one. With a little attention to detail, this plane will look super on the ground and in the air. I want the floats too. I do want to put a 3 blade prop and gear box on it though. The sound of the gear box will add to it's already scale looks.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 11:30 PM
Joined Nov 2005
1,919 Posts
Speaking of must have, I saw that Eflite released an F-15 EDF!!

I would have like to seen a different paint scheme, but it must be that way for visibility.

But John, now we know that Eflite will do a twin EDF with retracts, how about the a similiar release in an A-10?!? Sharks mouth and all with retracts would be a site to see in the air!
tclaridge is online now Find More Posts by tclaridge
Old Jan 16, 2008, 06:30 AM
Reserved Parking
Joined Jun 2004
926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tclaridge
Speaking of must have, I saw that Eflite released an F-15 EDF!!

I was excited about that at first too, then I realized it was foam.
P-51C is offline Find More Posts by P-51C
Old Jan 16, 2008, 08:04 AM
Joined Nov 2005
1,919 Posts
The foam doesn't bother me if it is the coated type like the Parkzone warbirds. Makes repair easy too. I guess we'll have to see what it looks like in the LHS.
tclaridge is online now Find More Posts by tclaridge
Old Jan 16, 2008, 08:58 AM
..teach monkeys to fly..
Ottawa Intl, Canada
Joined Oct 2000
364 Posts
Here's a pic of myself and 2 buddies from 1962. My Dad used to take me on trips around Nova Scotia Power Commission sites when I was off school.

Betcha can't guess what the cylinders in the dock in the foreground are.

Marten
Marten is offline Find More Posts by Marten