cloled 0 0%
closed 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jun 02, 2011, 06:35 AM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,436 Posts
We have the same problem here... our pond sits in a bowl and the winds are fickle and a lot of time not there at all.....that my friend is where the go fast boats come in....
Capt.Crash is offline Find More Posts by Capt.Crash
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 02, 2011, 06:43 AM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,436 Posts
Ya know what I find pleasurable in all this modification stuff? I love the challenge of running my stock/race legal boat against the boats with the high $ sails, topping lifts, fancy boom vangs, modified sheeting...etc and trying to beat them around the course. To me...there is a great deal of satisfaction in doing that...
Old Jun 02, 2011, 07:37 AM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2009
6,707 Posts
Rick,
are you tryin to schlep off a plane?

chidago is online now Find More Posts by chidago
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 02, 2011, 07:48 AM
Joined Apr 2011
90 Posts
Ditto, Crash--run what ya brung !!! Dance wiith the partner you brought to the prom and still go home happy and proud
capt absent is offline Find More Posts by capt absent
Old Jun 02, 2011, 07:51 AM
Danville, IN
Joined Apr 2008
377 Posts
Boomer, this is where I "age" myself somewhat. I bought a Park Flyer Cub over two years ago but have not tried to fly it yet, not too smart huh. The aging part is when I tell you I have an r/c plane, that I used to fly, sitting in the basement that is about 35 years old and flyable. I don't remember the name of it or weather or not it was a kit, quite possibly not since back then I did a lot of building from plans. Learned on a Falcon 56, over and over again, the same plane. It was pretty heavy before I graduated.

Now I build boats, kit normally, but I keep changing them and just don't quite get any finished before getting onto another one. I now have a sign in my shop telling me to "Finish a Boat!".

Now, to make the time to do it!
rblubaugh is offline Find More Posts by rblubaugh
Old Jun 02, 2011, 07:51 AM
Joined Apr 2011
90 Posts
p.s. certainly am enjoying the videos now that they are coming thru like ya made 'em. Ray has been laid up for a week with a spider bite on the left ring finger. Ugly, bad looking thing. Lake Martin spider-rough dude !!!!
Old Jun 02, 2011, 07:55 AM
Danville, IN
Joined Apr 2008
377 Posts
Capt. Crash's video was very nice to watch; enjoyable.
Old Jun 02, 2011, 07:56 AM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,436 Posts
Ok...

...all this talk about adding lead made me go into the vault and dig out a old video to put out here....a little Led for the head.

Caution....this song may not be suitable for sensitive ears!

Lazy Summer Sail (11 min 51 sec)

Here is a slightly extended UN-Led'd version for those more sensitive listeners...

Lazy Summer Sail Redux (12 min 19 sec)
Last edited by Capt.Crash; Jun 02, 2011 at 12:43 PM.
Old Jun 02, 2011, 08:08 AM
Joined Apr 2011
90 Posts
Super fine video-music questionable !! Did you notice the water flow over the port side stay ?? Follow-up with Ravels Bolero !!!!!
Old Jun 02, 2011, 08:15 AM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,436 Posts
12 minute long rock songs are a little few and far in between....but if that one was too offensive..I can re-do the video with a different sound track/tracks...
Old Jun 02, 2011, 08:38 AM
Danville, IN
Joined Apr 2008
377 Posts
Enjoyed the video. At 65 I'm too old to make a judgement about the music.
Old Jun 02, 2011, 09:41 AM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2009
6,707 Posts

chidago is online now Find More Posts by chidago
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 02, 2011, 10:31 AM
Boomer1
United States, CA, Temecula
Joined Sep 2009
3,468 Posts
Crash
Very entertaining video. I just turned the sound down a bit -it's all good. Liked the shark like stalking of your pray as you approach them to pass. I was waiting for you to use one of your famous racing tactics to insure a successful pass.

Crash, each time I watch one of your videos I can't help but admiring the beauty of your lake. Great place to spend some time.

Bob
Like to see some pictures of your planes and boats. FYI - I just took up RC flying, and am having a lot of fun with it. If you go to my blog on this forum, you can see some of my toys.

Sailing is my first love for a number of reasons, in general I feel you get a lot of "bang of the buck" with sailing. Flying provides a great rush for sure, but I buy planes I like, so trying to get my head around the fact that on any given day at the flying field, I might bring my plane home in a bag!

I have some hot RC boats and some not so fast RC power boats I enjoy as well but, continue to be drawn to the sailing aspect of the hobby. Crash takes a variety of his boats to the lake so that if the wind dies, he can use the power boats to fill the time. His tug boat is actually a working rescue boat.

The Nirvana ll is a boat that reminds me of the "energizer bunny" that just keeps on going and going etc. It's "dirt simple" design is amazing that it sails beyond other more sophisticated looking boats. It continues to be (arguably) the best overall value in RC Sailboats. I am not sure why I ever sold my previous Nirvana boats, but I plan on keeping my new one for the foreseeable future.

I understand how you can start projects and then moving to another, but have found the pay off of using them is worth finishing the projects.

Bob, these things provide joy to look at for sure, but they are even more fun to use. So, get those projects finished and get them out on the water, have some fun with them. Take some pictures and share them with us.

Boomer
Boomer1 is offline Find More Posts by Boomer1
Old Jun 02, 2011, 12:56 PM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer1 View Post
Crash
Very entertaining video. I just turned the sound down a bit -it's all good.

Boomer
You turned it down!!!

NO....turn it up man....it's rock....it's supposed to be loud!!!

I have my computer hard wired into my big screen and surround sound...you should see/hear it in all its glory.

BTW...I just added another version of that last one in the above thread...but it needs to be turned up too...
Old Jun 02, 2011, 01:21 PM
Danville, IN
Joined Apr 2008
377 Posts
Capt. Crash

The second version has much easier music to listen to; even seems to go with the subject of the video - sailing.
BTW, water flows over the starboard side stay also.

Boomer

I'll see about breaking out the plane(s) I have and taking pics. Outside of the Atlantic Tug and Mini Rio, nothing is finished, just varying degrees of construction. Trying to take them one at a time to finish them up so I can start something else new.

Bob
Last edited by rblubaugh; Jun 02, 2011 at 01:53 PM.