Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 25, 2013, 09:04 PM
Nirvana 38, Seawind 178
United States, NC
Joined Feb 2012
507 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Crash View Post
The RG65 is what you're refering to. Chidgo is talking about a domestic boat that is 36" long.
Thanks, I have to take better notes.
seabee CE is online now Find More Posts by seabee CE
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 25, 2013, 09:30 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2009
7,525 Posts
Gee, the air smells MUCH fresher..
chidago is offline Find More Posts by chidago
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 25, 2013, 10:55 PM
GLMS
Michigan
Joined Jan 2007
572 Posts
Hey Gang, I hate to but I'm thinking that I am going to sell my Nirvana. Not a very popular style boat here in Michigan and I have too many already. If anyone on here is in need of a used three time collecting dust yacht that needs new radio gear installed (removed the original stuff just to upgrade but just haven't gotten to it) let me know. I'll post some pics tomorrow. If there is no interest here then I'll put her up in the Boat Listings. I just figured I'd offer her up here to you guy's first. Thinking around the $105.00+shipping price through PayPal.

John
mav913 is offline Find More Posts by mav913
Old Feb 26, 2013, 01:18 AM
Rusty
Auckland, New Zealand
Joined Feb 2006
916 Posts
"- don't think the OEM RX and TX are much to write home about."

The Joysway transmitter and receiver are just ok.
Mine came with the sticks unassembled and it takes scary pressure to push them on to the pot stub. One of the metal stick ends is threaded and can be screwed to adjust stick length, the other won't budge.
It runs on only four AA cells which is more intelligent than the 12v most Chinese 2.4gHx transmitters use, that only need 3 or 5v to run.
It has four axis sticks but only 2 channels activated on the board. Digital trims. No ratchet on the throttle, just unsprung. Pots are integral on the board.
A ground range check in a built up area gives 150 metre range. Be aware that 2.4gHz is not recommended (by Spectrum) for water use as it does not penetrate water, so if you have waves then put the active 25mm end of your aerial high. I do not know the protocol but it is not Flysky.
Rusty Nail is offline Find More Posts by Rusty Nail
Last edited by Rusty Nail; Feb 26, 2013 at 02:05 AM. Reason: New site dropped my picture!
Old Feb 26, 2013, 07:50 AM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav913 View Post
Hey Gang, I hate to but I'm thinking that I am going to sell my Nirvana. Not a very popular style boat here in Michigan and I have too many already. If anyone on here is in need of a used three time collecting dust yacht that needs new radio gear installed (removed the original stuff just to upgrade but just haven't gotten to it) let me know. I'll post some pics tomorrow. If there is no interest here then I'll put her up in the Boat Listings. I just figured I'd offer her up here to you guy's first. Thinking around the $105.00+shipping price through PayPal.

John
PM sent...
Capt.Crash is online now Find More Posts by Capt.Crash
Old Feb 26, 2013, 07:52 AM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,459 Posts
It's good...

...to see this place coming back to life...John tell your boat maker friend to stretch that 36" out to 39.5"...what's 3 1/2 more inches...oh...don't answer that....
Capt.Crash is online now Find More Posts by Capt.Crash
Old Feb 26, 2013, 08:34 AM
Yosef Sailor
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jul 2011
516 Posts
Quote:
...to see this place coming back to life...John tell your boat maker friend to stretch that 36" out to 39.5"...what's 3 1/2 more inches...oh...don't answer that....
All depends if your wife can read a ruler.......
dwatson is online now Find More Posts by dwatson
Old Feb 26, 2013, 08:46 AM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
7,525 Posts
Yup...thats what she said..just stetch it out 3 1/2 more inches..
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 26, 2013, 09:09 AM
GLMS
Michigan
Joined Jan 2007
572 Posts
Replied good Capitano.......

Quote:
PM sent...
Old Feb 26, 2013, 09:12 AM
GLMS
Michigan
Joined Jan 2007
572 Posts
Sale Pending......

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav913 View Post

John
Old Feb 26, 2013, 09:30 AM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
7,525 Posts
Mav, where in mich are you? lived there myself in the late 80's..went to school at pontiac, also
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 26, 2013, 10:32 AM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
7,525 Posts
Since I'm waitin on the new boat, I have been building more little jet boats, seems I got addicted to em, why I dunno..

And, laying up a 63 inch hull for a big gasser..
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 26, 2013, 10:32 AM
USA, IL, Champaign
Joined Jul 2005
1,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer1 View Post
I recently picked up and very nice and little used Nirvana from a fellow forum member - I got it for a friend of mine - so with the addition of this one, we now have three matched Nirvana's at the RV resort - so we can do a little Nirvana racin!

Has anyone seen this set up? All the Nirvana's I have seen in the past have a post mounted inside the servo bay to tie off the sheets. This one does not - there are two holes in the side of the box where the post is normally found that the sheets pass through - there is bowsie on the lines as if it was to be used to adjust the sheets.

This must be an earlier version. Not sure what the thinking is here, but we will be installing a post.

Any one have a boat with a set up like this?

Boomer
My yellow Nirvana I have found out is a original Nirvana with the battery box setup like the boat you are showing. You have an original Nirvana that has been modified. I posted a picture of my battery box in a previous post.
Phoenex is offline Find More Posts by Phoenex
Old Feb 26, 2013, 10:48 AM
Boomer1
United States, CA, Temecula
Joined Sep 2009
3,556 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenex View Post
My yellow Nirvana I have found out is a original Nirvana with the battery box setup like the boat you are showing. You have an original Nirvana that has been modified. I posted a picture of my battery box in a previous post.

Thanks Phoenex! Knew it was not the same as my later versions. Good to have that confirmation. Since we first picked this boat up, have done a few up grades and it is sailing better than ever now. I really like the looks of the yellow hulls.
Pretty easy to see across the lake.

Good to have you back on the thread Phoenex!
Boomer
Boomer1 is offline Find More Posts by Boomer1
Old Feb 26, 2013, 11:11 AM
USA, IL, Champaign
Joined Jul 2005
1,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer1 View Post
Thanks Phoenex! Knew it was not the same as my later versions. Good to have that confirmation. Since we first picked this boat up, have done a few up grades and it is sailing better than ever now. I really like the looks of the yellow hulls.
Pretty easy to see across the lake.

Good to have you back on the thread Phoenex!
Boomer
Hello, good to see others still enjoying their Nirvana's. I have been checking around and see they are not in production anymore truly a sad day. My brother and I spend most of our time with rc airplanes, however whenever the weather looks good for taking out the rc sailboats, we go. We always take the Nirvana and float planes and have a blast. I really do think if you could get more people out to the lake with the Nirvana and hand them the controls, they would be sold. The combination of sail-boating and float flying cannot be beat. Great way to get out of the house and relax. My nephew (my brothers son) is now going out with us with his Sanibel and float plane, his son now has a Nirvana II thanks to Grandpa
Phoenex is offline Find More Posts by Phoenex