Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 10, 2013, 06:02 PM
Still showing up for breakfast
Ontario Canada
Joined Mar 2009
1,100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chidago View Post
Anything for the cause..If it can be voted, I'm ok with that, the health of the Nirvana future is more important to me that all the silliness I enjoy..
You have my vote John.
Shootin' from the hip here, not sure if I even get a vote, being Canadian, and not a member of the AMYA anyway.
lilleyen is offline Find More Posts by lilleyen
Last edited by lilleyen; Feb 11, 2013 at 06:36 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 11, 2013, 05:53 PM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seabee CE View Post
Crash, I have noticed the same pointing/stalling issues with my boat, never thought about the stays causing this. What is the thought as to how the stays cause this? I will move mine forward and see if the problem corrects itself.
I don't know why or if it will make a difference...but I need to try something or I will have to bring the War Eagle out of retirement to race you guys with.

So where is everyone?

Here is another pic or 2 from Saturday...
Capt.Crash is offline Find More Posts by Capt.Crash
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:16 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2009
7,349 Posts
chidago is offline Find More Posts by chidago
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:50 PM
Still showing up for breakfast
Ontario Canada
Joined Mar 2009
1,100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Crash View Post
I don't know why or if it will make a difference...but I need to try something or I will have to bring the War Eagle out of retirement to race you guys with.

So where is everyone?

Here is another pic or 2 from Saturday...
Nice pics, especially the 3rd one.
The Nirvana heeled over is a beautiful thing.

I did notice that Wild Bill has a camera mounted on his boat, no doubt to record your transgressions, boarding wise.
Best toe the line mate!
lilleyen is offline Find More Posts by lilleyen
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:38 AM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilleyen View Post
I did notice that Wild Bill has a camera mounted on his boat, no doubt to record your transgressions, boarding wise.
Best toe the line mate!
What me?
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:41 AM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,452 Posts
Ok....

...I got the Nirvana on the radar and this is our chance to speak...so what's the plan?

From AMYA:

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

The list of odd-year and even-year elections that I made when I took over the job in 2011 did not have Nirvana on it (based on Model Yachting election reports for the previous two years), and I did not catch the oversight. I cannot speak to the omission before I took office.

We are sending a special edition of the AMYA Bulletin to all members within the next day or two to notify them that Nirvana CS is up for election this year. If you have a nomination for that position, please send it to me before March 3.

I apologize for the oversight. Thanks again for setting me straight.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 08:40 AM
Nirvana 38, Seawind 178
United States, NC
Joined Feb 2012
505 Posts
Great Robert, I had also contacted AMYA about this, so where do we go from here? Do we have a AMYA member willing to be the nominee?
seabee CE is offline Find More Posts by seabee CE
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:31 AM
Boomer1
United States, CA, Temecula
Joined Sep 2009
3,534 Posts
I thought John said he'd join the AMYA which if he does, will solve this issue. If he does then I will renew my membership. This admitted "over site" opens a door previously closed by the association.
I still am not sure how a factory assigned position needs to be voted on? Politics I guess?
Standing by for John's response and instructions. He has my vote

I am sure he is looking into this and will let us know. Who ever is elected, in my mind needs to have as their agenda to bring the two groups together into one that is united for the greater good!
Boomer
Boomer1 is offline Find More Posts by Boomer1
Last edited by Boomer1; Feb 12, 2013 at 10:39 AM.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:54 AM
Nirvana 38, Seawind 178
United States, NC
Joined Feb 2012
505 Posts
Anyone wanting to vote needs to immediatly join the AMYA and have their Nirvana registered. The later requires sending a form and $7 to Rodney Leathers, this is not Rodneys rule, but an AMYA requirement. I am sending my $7 this week, already a member but only have my Seawind registered. lets get this done.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:58 AM
Joined Dec 2006
78 Posts
Nirvana has Class

" ... Do we have a AMYA member willing to be the nominee? "

This is a serious and complex issue for the future growth of the Nirvana group as a Class. Everyone should take the time to look at the AMYA website for info about this fine volunteer organization: ( http://www.theamya.org/ ) and info on being a class secretary: ( http://www.theamya.org/about/csogfeb03.pdf )

....and it brings up the issue of a viable Class Owners Association - COA. Can we be a Nirvana Class without being an AMYA Nirvana Class??? Conversely Google: Nirvana International Manufacturers Class

I have been a member of AMYA and the Seawind COA for three short years and think its a great little organization to support, since it supports us. I don't see any downside with AMYA affiliation and don't see the need or anythang positive about AMYA bashing.

Honest, It is Not My Intent to Open a Can of Worms as Crash once said.

Still think its OK to support the AMYA and the NRA and Not the IRA and IRS.
R. Nordeck is offline Find More Posts by R. Nordeck
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:32 PM
FROM THE MIND OF A MADMAN
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2007
3,296 Posts
I just got an email with this info.....
In the call for nominations, the Nirvana Class Secretary was inadvertently left off the list of offices up for election in 2013 in the recent AMYA Bulletin and Model Yachting # 171. The incumbent is Rodney Leathers, AMYA# 16336. The incumbent is automatically renominated per AMYA bylaw 7.7.

Nominations for this and the other offices on the ballot can be emailed to Executive Secretary Doug Hemingway < executiveSec@theamya.org> not later than March 3. Motions and their seconds may also be submitted before March 3.

David Brawner
AMYA President
gpzy is offline Find More Posts by gpzy
Old Feb 12, 2013, 05:41 PM
Boomer1
United States, CA, Temecula
Joined Sep 2009
3,534 Posts
Dialog is under way to determine the best course of action - No worms! - An important issue we have all pretty much agreed on is that those wanting to participate in the up coming Nirvana National event can regardless of their membership status in the AMYA.
That was pretty well discussed many pages ago. An event like this would be great opportunity to recruit new members for the AMYA. But were it to be restricted to members only, it be a deterrent to that effort. Not sure but sounds right.

Class rules should apply regardless. Just sayin...................

Boomer
Boomer1 is offline Find More Posts by Boomer1
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:11 PM
Nirvana 38, Seawind 178
United States, NC
Joined Feb 2012
505 Posts
Mountain sailing

Some mountain sailing today, got some pics when the wind was down. We had 4 Nirvana and 1 Seawind.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:53 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2009
7,349 Posts
Gents, as we got the can open, this has been a ongoing concern, to be able to bring all Nirvana sailors together..

What we have arrived at is even tho Nirvana is a manufacturers class, and always was, the problems started when there was a rift at the AMYA, and the group split.

In a manufacturers class, they appoint the class sec'ty, which is myself.

As I have no interest in the politics, I will remain as sec'ty for North America, but, the issue is a AMYA sec'ty..

I want to endorse Crash, as there can be no finer man for the job.

Not biased in any way, toward anything but furthering the Nirvana sailing experience..

A long time AMYA member, I hope you all will vote for him in this critical matter, if you are not a AMYA member, please do be one..

His kindness, willingness to help anyone, from starting this thread, to hosting the first ever Nationals, and all the other things that are too many to list, deserve your support..for Nirvana.

This will solidify the class on a progressive basis, without biased ruling.

Thanks guys..
chidago is offline Find More Posts by chidago
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 12, 2013, 08:20 PM
Nirvana 38, Seawind 178
United States, NC
Joined Feb 2012
505 Posts
Great, lets get behind Robert/Crash and get him elected.

Does anyone know for a fact if you have to have a Nirvana registered with AMYA or just be an AMYA member to vote for a class secretary?