Old Jan 24, 2013, 09:59 AM
Boomer1
United States, CA, Temecula
Joined Sep 2009
3,442 Posts
Riyibob
You are kidding right? This boat sells for $83.00 plus shipping
http://www.hobbyking.com/mobile/view...dparentcat=285

If you want to pay $405.00 for that boat I have a few deals for you. I never tell folks want to do, but I would suggest you look else where for this boat if you must have it. It is cute, but not that cute. This strikes me as a "pool toy" not an rc yacht.

Just sayin........................holy moly!
Boomer
Boomer1 is offline Find More Posts by Boomer1
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:04 AM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2009
6,579 Posts
LOL..

chidago is online now Find More Posts by chidago
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:07 AM
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Apr 2012
21 Posts
Boomer, I don't understand the $209.00 shipping to where ever. The zip code entered is Nashville area. If you plug in a California zip it still comes out to $50.00 some odd dollars. How are you gentlemen arriving at your numbers?
Hotfire is offline Find More Posts by Hotfire
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:15 AM
Boomer1
Joined Sep 2009
3,442 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotfire View Post
Boomer, I don't understand the $209.00 shipping to where ever. The zip code entered is Nashville area. If you plug in a California zip it still comes out to $50.00 some odd dollars. How are you gentlemen arriving at your numbers?
We must be looking at two different boats. Post the link you are looking at. The E-bay system can calculate the shipping cost if it knows your zip code. In my case it has calculated $60.03 which is actually twice the actual cost to ship via UPS a Nirvana in the factory box from Tenn to me in California. It is less using USPS. (depending on the box used) I was talking with John (Chidago) this morning and it came up with $50 to his zip code.

A shipping cost of $200+ is insane or at least very wrong. Must be system error?
Last edited by Boomer1; Jan 24, 2013 at 10:43 AM.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:40 AM
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Apr 2012
21 Posts
Boomer here is the link.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/400396071685...84.m1438.l2649
Hotfire is offline Find More Posts by Hotfire
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:48 AM
Boomer1
Joined Sep 2009
3,442 Posts
Boy that was weird I went to your link and it took me to http://www.ebay.com/itm/400396067366...84.m1438.l2649 instead of the one you posted. Then I went back and it took me to the same ad I posted. VERY WEIRD!
The lady selling this boat knows nothing about them. Some how she gets people to have her sell them on E-bay.

She's got a soling for sale and has posted pictures of two different boats in the ad. She got Steve's picture on the Nirvana ad (unauthorized I might ad) She has been advised to remove his photo and not to fotos of the actual product being sold not to use inaccurate file pictures. Who knows if she'll do it.

Boomer
Last edited by Boomer1; Jan 24, 2013 at 10:59 AM.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 12:32 PM
Nirvana 38, Seawind 178
United States, NC
Joined Feb 2012
495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer1 View Post
Riyibob

If you want to pay $405.00 for that boat I have a few deals for you. I never tell folks want to do, but I would suggest you look else where for this boat if you must have it. It is cute, but not that cute. This strikes me as a "pool toy" not an rc yacht.

Boomer
I believe the $405 is for 3 Nirvanas, shipping included.
seabee CE is offline Find More Posts by seabee CE
Old Jan 24, 2013, 12:50 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
6,579 Posts
Yes, it was...3 of em, I also remember that..
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 24, 2013, 01:34 PM
AMA # 949551
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2009
2,073 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer1 View Post
Riyibob

Boomer

Hi again Boomer!

I have to say I appreciate your sage advice once again , but perhaps you misunderstood.

It's two different topics.

(Topic #1) I was looking at a vendor that would sell Nirvana boats in bulk (just click the linky in previous post) and it would come out to 405USD for three, if he is in fact for real. As of this post I'm communicating with them but I still don't trust them.

I would then let the boats go to forum brothers at a highly discounted rate. (I'm magnanimous like that)

(Topic #2) As for the Gemini 600, (I too am sage and tend to wax philosophic) I tend to reserve judgement on things until they are in my hot little hands.

The postman just delivered it and I will do an unboxing and give it an unbiased review!

Thanks for breaking from convention and in telling folks what to do. I certainly appreciate your suggestion but alas you got off sideways as evidenced by people getting my previous post

All the best!

b
rikybob is offline Find More Posts by rikybob
Last edited by rikybob; Jan 24, 2013 at 03:06 PM.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 01:51 PM
Kimo
United States, HI, Honolulu
Joined Jun 2011
497 Posts
With all that is going on with this ad I beleive that I will pass on this one. Wrong pictures, changing shipping cost makes me wounder what is really going on. Like I said before when I called Steve about buying a older Nirvana the shipping to Hawaii was under $60 UPS, I put my Mother in laws St.Louis,Mo zip code in the ad it came up $35. I then put in my Hawaii zip code and it came up $209. In my mind something isn't right as I shipped a complete Soling50 with a one piece mast by FedEx and I only paid $56.
Not that it really matters as they won't ship to Hawaii, but just my two cents worth. As I have said before I will either wait untill Steve gets more Nirvanas or the new boat that John has dropped hints about comes out. If that doesn't happen I have other boats to sail.
Hircsailor is offline Find More Posts by Hircsailor
Old Jan 24, 2013, 01:56 PM
Kimo
United States, HI, Honolulu
Joined Jun 2011
497 Posts
rikybob if you do buy the 3 Nirvanas from the company in Asia let me know as I would be more than happy to buy one and take it off your hands. I will even pay the $60 shipping from Flordia to Hawaii.
Hircsailor is offline Find More Posts by Hircsailor
Old Jan 24, 2013, 02:24 PM
AMA # 949551
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2009
2,073 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hircsailor View Post
rikybob if you do buy the 3 Nirvanas from the company in Asia let me know as I would be more than happy to buy one and take it off your hands. I will even pay the $60 shipping from Flordia to Hawaii.

Hi Hircsailor,

It'd be my pleasure!

They have responded to my queries but insist on wire transfer as the only payment.

I've countered that I wish to have references as there is NO information on the web about them.

Edit: As I have been crafting this post correspondence is coming in from www.Flamboyanshop.com that leads me to believe that they are a sham. They will not provide any assurances as to who they are and insist on wire transfer. It was worth the short email exchange. I'll pass.

All the best!

b
rikybob is offline Find More Posts by rikybob
Old Jan 24, 2013, 03:36 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
6,579 Posts
Flamin boy shop???? oook, then...

That woulda been enough for me..

I like girls..

Forum brothers??? did I miss a blood ceremony?? or, is the "brothers" thing a flame kinda thing?

All this new found generosity is bringin a tear to me eye..
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by chidago; Jan 24, 2013 at 03:41 PM.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 04:01 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
6,579 Posts
Really?

"Thanks for breaking from convention and in telling folks what to do. I certainly appreciate your suggestion but alas you got off sideways as evidenced by people getting my previous post "

You got the wrong sandbox, bud..you should aspire to be as knowledgable about Nirvanas..
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 24, 2013, 04:32 PM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikybob View Post

I'm dyin' for the video on the VULTURE!!!

b
You do know that I have posted lots of videos of the Nirvana 'War Eagle" both on board and off? They are available to view here anytime:

MMBC Sheet Boat Race July 11, 2009 (9 min 48 sec)

Lazy Summer Sail Redux (12 min 19 sec)
Capt.Crash is offline Find More Posts by Capt.Crash