cloled 0 0%
closed 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 23, 2013, 03:24 AM
Kimo
United States, HI, Honolulu
Joined Jun 2011
531 Posts
A Nirvana on ebay with a starting bid of $99., bit the kicker is that they want $203 for shipping to the Contl US. When I called SailRC shipping by UPS was only $56 to Hawaii. They must be using a gold plated shipping box. Either that or its a way to increase the bid without a high starting bid. Guess That I will pass on this one as well and wait for the new boat that Chidago has been talking about.
Hircsailor is offline Find More Posts by Hircsailor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2013, 07:26 AM
Yosef Sailor
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jul 2011
516 Posts
That's the new protection program offered to make sure it arrives in one piece. Better yet, it tis the super duper protection program. LOL
dwatson is offline Find More Posts by dwatson
Old Jan 23, 2013, 08:10 AM
AMA # 949551
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2009
2,218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer1 View Post
Rikybob
Chidago makes a good point. We typically suggest folks new to the thread take the time to go back to the first post and read forward to current. There are many good reasons for this suggestion. One very viable reason is you will learn just about everything you'd ever need to know about these boats, as well many other boats. Plus doing this gets you familiar with many of the regulars on the thread and find that this thread has become much more than just a thread on Nirvana's. It's success over the years has been in it's diversity and pretty much wide open range of topics.
Many of us here have become good friends and communicate outside of the forum. It is a fun place and there are new folks stopping by and getting on board all the time. You need not have a Nirvana to be active on this thread.
Enough said, it is worth the time to do it. Up to you but I'll bet if you do, you'll make the same suggestion to other newer members.
Glad you are having fun with your boat and with sailing.
Boomer

Thank's guys for the forum 101!

Yah, been reading internet forums for a year or two and belong to many as my interests vary.

The downside about being in a beautiful state with year 'round great Wx is that rather than read each and every forum post I simply "skim" so as to maximize my time elsewhere (read: outside). My bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chidago View Post
Prolly oughtta read the thread..there is reasons for that..
I actually HAVE in fact read the much of the thread, just apparently NOT comprehended it.

Since the Nirvana is not a complicated piece of machinery like the helicopters that I fly, I figured I'd give it a "go". Again, my bad, apparently there IS a little Easter egg that I simply hadn't thought of! Who puts a spring in a servo arm? DOH!

Yah, I have made MANY, MANY friends from ALL over the world with common interests that have gone on for years both on and off the forums. I have even had the wonderful opportunity to to meet several of them!

Friendships were kindled from the hobby and lasted due to, in no small part, manners.

Many is the time I could have told a new forum poster to RTFM but I refrained

Boomer your point is well put and well taken in that reading (and understanding) the thread in its entirety is beneficial and I will continue to endeavor to do so!

However, I may, on occasion still put forth some inane statement and hope all will be forgiving of that transgression??

Hopefully I didn't offend anyone with my careless post of not knowing what I should have already known.

Thanks for your kind direction!

b
rikybob is online now Find More Posts by rikybob
Last edited by rikybob; Jan 23, 2013 at 06:15 PM.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:25 AM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2009
7,537 Posts
There were a few pages, and quite a few pics on the servo saver function of the arm, with all the pros and cons of it..
chidago is offline Find More Posts by chidago
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:40 AM
AMA # 949551
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2009
2,218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chidago View Post
There were a few pages, and quite a few pics on the servo saver function of the arm, with all the pros and cons of it..

Yah, you're right.

Out of the 8000 posts I should have picked it up.

Your forgiveness is all I ask.

b

EDIT: I should have known, there's one in every crowd! Push -----> HERE! Now to find the "ignore" button!
Last edited by rikybob; Jan 23, 2013 at 06:16 PM.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 12:29 PM
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Apr 2012
21 Posts
Shipping for the Nirvana is $30.94. Starting bid is low.
Hotfire is offline Find More Posts by Hotfire
Old Jan 23, 2013, 05:40 PM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,460 Posts
I was going to say that I thought Ebay had put an end to those insane shipping costs....$100.00 to ship a $2 item. I see someone picked up that Yammer for a 5 spot...good for them...

And yes we do expect all Newbies to memorize the entire thread and be ready to recite any part of it, we ask for, on the spot...

Hopin to get in some sailing this weekend....I have the GoPro mounted on the VULTURE and ready to roll...
Capt.Crash is offline Find More Posts by Capt.Crash
Old Jan 23, 2013, 05:56 PM
AMA # 949551
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2009
2,218 Posts
Hi all!

Had a wonderful afternoon down at the lake!

I spent two glorious hours and could have stayed longer in the 75F Florida weather!

A marvelous "blue bird" day!

Hope all is well in your respective worlds!

b
Old Jan 23, 2013, 06:17 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2009
7,537 Posts
Most people that want to understand a poduct do the research..lotta pictures to look at, if its the readin..bout 10 on that servo arm...
chidago is offline Find More Posts by chidago
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 23, 2013, 06:19 PM
AMA # 949551
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2009
2,218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Crash View Post
I was going to say that I thought Ebay had put an end to those insane shipping costs....$100.00 to ship a $2 item. I see someone picked up that Yammer for a 5 spot...good for them...

And yes we do expect all Newbies to memorize the entire thread and be ready to recite any part of it, we ask for, on the spot...

Hopin to get in some sailing this weekend....I have the GoPro mounted on the VULTURE and ready to roll...
Hehehe! (in red)

I'm dyin' for the video on the VULTURE!!!

All the best!

b
Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:32 PM
Kimo
Joined Jun 2011
531 Posts
Hotfire I just checked ebay again and there is one bid at $99.99 and shipping is still showing $209.60. Maybe you were thinking of the Nirvana that was sold this weekend where shipping was $30. Like I said before maybe its a way to makeup for a low openning bid and to get a lot of people to bid on it not thinking about the shipping cost.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:10 PM
Boomer1
United States, CA, Temecula
Joined Sep 2009
3,564 Posts
The shipping charge listed is twice what it should cost to ship it UPS with in the 48 states. The boat is on consignment and the seller knows nothing about RC boats.
She posted Steve's picture by mistake and advised she would remove it.
The boat as shown is not set up correctly but that is an easy fix. I found it very interesting that is a close copy of my Nirvana's graphics.
It is an older radio and that is about all I know at this point. I do know that bidding this early does nothing but drive the price up. I think if some one sent the seller a message suggesting they charge the actual shipping they'd most likely go for it.
Are you looking at a different Nirvana - this is the ad I am looking at: http://www.ebay.com/itm/400396071685...84.m1423.l2649

Click on the pictures a couple of times to expand them.
Boomer
Boomer1 is offline Find More Posts by Boomer1
Last edited by Boomer1; Jan 23, 2013 at 10:19 PM.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 11:00 PM
Rusty
Auckland, New Zealand
Joined Feb 2006
917 Posts
It is against eBay's rules to charge more than the actual shipping cost. However it is endemic and means that the vendor pays less commission.

Also be aware I bought 2 Nirvani online and both had the sail servos substituted with rudder servos, and booms fitted upside down. The vendor said he got them on eBay.
Rusty Nail is online now Find More Posts by Rusty Nail
Old Jan 24, 2013, 01:22 AM
Kimo
Joined Jun 2011
531 Posts
Lastweek a man was selling a blue Nirvana on ebay and said he also had red Nirvana for sail. He said that he brought them to sailwithhis dad, the blue one was sailed 3 times and the red one was only sailed 2 times. Only the blue Nirvana was listed and to let him know if you wanted to buy the red Nirvana at the same price. As I recall shipping was about $30.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 07:19 AM
AMA # 949551
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2009
2,218 Posts
G'day Gents!

I was asked for a follow up by one of the forum members in re: to THIS company.

I got the below in response indicating that they wish to be paid by wire transfer.

Hmmmm? Dunno about that sort of thing/ Will follow up.

I sent a note back asking for an alternate payment such as "PayPal".

If I can find a safe/foolproof measure of wire transferring. I MAY bite as 405USD shipped is an equitable loss if I get scammed.

I'll be waiting!

b

EDIT: I have never actually used a wire transfer. I found info HERE. Looks like if ALL the rules are in place it can be a safe, viable method. Further, I can't find any bad info about the company on the web. I've sent them another inquiry. Will see.

Does anyone smell a RAT??

PS Getting JAZZED in that the Gemini 600 has made it state side!
Last edited by rikybob; Jan 24, 2013 at 08:19 AM.