cloled 0 0%
closed 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old Dec 26, 2012, 04:31 PM
Sport R/C Flyer/Sailer/Driver
United States, MS, Columbus
Joined Nov 2001
263 Posts
Would be very interesting it the new boat fit into an exsisting AMYA class, wouldn't it?

I also wonder how the boat would look with the wave piercing bow of the latest VOR design or the SpeedDream boats. Could be interesting.
MMangus is offline Find More Posts by MMangus
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 26, 2012, 04:59 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2009
7,541 Posts
Wow..where do I start..they are cad cam drawings, exact, to the .000th.

The boats' prototype, which is exact to the drawings, has been in the water sailing for a month, now, under conditions from 0 wind to 27 knots..I do not know if it fits into any class, nor is that a factor in the design, its about the BOAT..the bow IS of the current race design, as is the rest of the boat.

The boat is gonna be a fun sailboat that flies with the best..sail area, and number of rigs has not been set yet.

As far as to a amya class, no reason to. It can start its own class if it doesnt fit into a existing. I'm not a expert on the amya stuff, nor will I be, so you guys have a better idea on that than I know..

As far as a release time, late spring, early summer..BECAUSE cost is a major factor, to us, the end user, cost of production determines final cost, of course, so, its shoppin time for production facilities..

But, no question of it being produced, thats a given.

There are pics of the prototype, but, I havent been given the ok to show em, in fact, I sprang this out, just to liven up winter a bit..
chidago is online now Find More Posts by chidago
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 26, 2012, 05:26 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
7,541 Posts
To a MUCH more important issue, my, no, OUR friend Bill thought that Seabee was serious, and jumping on the thing that MADE this thread..its diversity.

He was not.

This thread has grown, and been highly read because of it..and this thread will REMAIN a place for friends to gather, and explore all hobbies, or anything else it can facilitate for the people that come here to learn, express, or be entertained.

But, in Bills reflection, there have been MANY attempts, some very serious, to ruin this thread, which in the past even got me banned twice..lol..

It didnt, nor will this thread be ruined..if ya dont wanna read it, hit the newspaper..

If you do, welcome to a GREAT bunch of men. one of them being my friend, sound sailor..
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 26, 2012, 05:32 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
7,541 Posts
In fact, me, I'm worried about my lobster/jet boat..

This IS the largest responded to, and second highest viewed thread in sailboats..not cause of all the stunning conversation on Nirvana..good jokes, cars, guns, and girls, fights, threats, etc..I think MIGHT have played a part in that..so, as long as I am around, and the thread starter, Crash, who because of this thread I know know personally and call a friend, BECAUSE of the closeness of the people here, BECAUSE of the "rabbit trails"..we are who we are..and will remain that way.. who dont like it.

RCG Plus Member
Last edited by chidago; Dec 26, 2012 at 05:38 PM.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 05:45 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
7,541 Posts
I know I'm being long winded on this, but, Seabee is one of this group too, and I know he ment no harm..

Bill just remembers some really bad times here, and backed up the right to do what we want fully..it was ugly, and I'm sure he doesnt want to see that again..good news is, no harm, no foul..
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 26, 2012, 05:51 PM
Mr Happy
United States, AL, Montgomery
Joined Jul 2011
221 Posts
Now that's a hard chine for ya.

Right on; or is that write on?

We had crawfish boats in Louisiana when I was growing up. Just a bit smaller, but were as fast as you could paddle, and they had hard chines, too.
jppom is offline Find More Posts by jppom
Old Dec 26, 2012, 06:05 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
7,541 Posts
LOL..aint it?
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 26, 2012, 06:43 PM
Boomer1
United States, CA, Temecula
Joined Sep 2009
3,564 Posts
Misunderstanding alert! Bill, as John suggested, "Seebee" I am sure intended no harm or insult. This thread remains one of the most popular on this or any other forum for the very thing we kid each other about the "rabbit trails". I personally find it hard to share new stuff on Nirvana's each week, so having a format to share other topics of potential interest is a great thing to me.
I like many others here have made many new and lasting friendships here. So Bill - stay tuned in!!
I appreciate your wisdom and knowledge on this stuff. Us older guys have to stick together!!
Boomer
Boomer1 is offline Find More Posts by Boomer1
Old Dec 26, 2012, 09:46 PM
Yosef Sailor
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jul 2011
516 Posts
Interesting on the new boat. I went on his website and he has done a good job with his new updates. He mentions new boats coming soon.

I would love to see a 1M design like that since the Seawind and others were recently discontinued. The hard chine is the hot topic right now in the IOM world. Many of the boat designers have gone back to chiming boats, Britpop, D Designs and many others have them. My shadow I am re doing is chined. Should be done with it very soon.

Chi, keep us up to date on the new boat.

Have a great night.
dwatson is online now Find More Posts by dwatson
Old Dec 26, 2012, 10:07 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
7,541 Posts
Will do, DW
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:30 PM
Boomer1
United States, CA, Temecula
Joined Sep 2009
3,564 Posts
I agree with DW - 1 meter boats are among the most popular for sure. Bit late for the boat under discussion, but hey if this one is a winner, not to many reasons not consider going bigger - keeping in mind, it is after all, about the money, right?
This boat sounds like it will be a winner, so getting the 20 boats registered with the AMYA shouldn't present a problem. Heck, the guys here would make up that number no problem.
Boomer
Boomer1 is offline Find More Posts by Boomer1
Old Dec 27, 2012, 02:10 AM
BabyBootLegger
United States, CA, Alameda
Joined Nov 2010
657 Posts
I just listed my Nirvana today.
Hope it goes to a good sailor.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NIRVANA-II-R...item19d7bdb06a
sunworksco is offline Find More Posts by sunworksco
Old Dec 27, 2012, 03:29 AM
Kimo
United States, HI, Honolulu
Joined Jun 2011
531 Posts
I have been toying with the idea of buying Nirvan but if this new boat that Chidago is talking about is that good I will wait. With this talk about hard chine boats I would like to mention that The Tippecanoe T27 and T37 are hard chine boats with flat bottoms. My T37x gives the US1 fiberglass boats a good race in winds of 3mph or more. In lighter winds the US1s are faster I believe because they have a taller mast. I talked to Will Lesh about putting a US1 rig on it and see how it does. Will said that the boat could handle the taller mast, but he wasn't sure how it would sail so I guess that I will take the sail rig off my wifes boats and see how it does.
Boomer nice looking V32 that you brought. In my mind there is nothing better looking on a sailboat then a wooden deck. I don't know if you have looked at the V32 Yahoo group but the members there have really done a lot with their wood decks.
Hircsailor is offline Find More Posts by Hircsailor
Old Dec 27, 2012, 08:54 AM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,460 Posts
Morning Gents...

...been down with the flu and haven't posted for a few days and see this place is rockin with new boats and old misunderstandings again.

NOW HEAR THIS...again...rabbit trails are ok!

End of story...move along...nothing more to see here.

New sheeter huh....I'm in the 1 meter camp...we need another in my club that can compete with my Yammer. It needs the same durability and ease of assembly/disasembly as the Nirvana.....a true entry level boat that will attract new blood into the band of pirates....
Capt.Crash is offline Find More Posts by Capt.Crash
Old Dec 27, 2012, 09:03 AM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
7,541 Posts
Thats what it is...
RCG Plus Member